• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• Appreciate the response and education! I've always wondered what sensitivity actually means, but every time I look it up I get people bringing in the scientific terms that just don't mix in my brain. Math? Sure. But I was awful at science haha   Had no idea it only took 1 watt to create 100db. That is absolutely bonkers to me. But I can believe it too, because even at low levels, these things constantly shock me how good they sound. I know horn loaded isn't everyone's cup of tea, but man, they sure are for me.   This pioneer is solid for sure. And it has substantially more power than I need evidently. I like the adjustments it has. A lot of folks aren't fond of messing with eq's and such. But thats not me. I'm always tinkering with it, trying to "perfect" the sound. Guess that's the constant that keeps us all going down these paths. I'm even impressed at the digital sound between my computer to tv, and tv to receiver. I guess I can probably be content to leave things as is for the time being. Appreciate your info. I understand all power isn't equal. Coming from the car audio world, an old 400w Jensen amp I got for free couldn't hold a candle to a similar power level Rockford Fosgate I have in terms of audio quality. But that's a rabbit hole in itself haha     Haha, my wife absolutely hates my music, no matter what level it's at. So I completely understand! She nicknamed it "screamings and screamings" lol, but that doesn't stop me from jamming any time I get.   Bass response is definitely something I plan to work on, either through sound deadening and/or baffles in the room, or just more bass from an added sub. There's something about feeling the double bass drum kick in your chest that I can't get enough of.    If I find a decent deal on some amps, maybe I'll give em a try and see what combos I can come up with. Great to know these can be obnoxiously loud (which I've tested when the wife's not home), and not need a ton of power to get there
    • Don think Mcintosh is good match for Falcon  Gold Badge.   I had Falcon when i had ma252 and later c22/mc462 separates,  Falcons were better with many of british amplifiers like Sugden, Rega, Naim etc.   Any way I sold falcons, and put my Harbeths for sale and now owner of La Scala AL5   In terms of sheer scale, and midrange presence La Scala are epic. 
    • Thanks, as posted earlier i did end up getting La Scala AL5. Paired with Mcintosh C22 preamp and MC462 power amp. I have tried with other SET amps (nothing in higher league like quicksilver, decware etc) to me Mciontosh and Kilpsch had better fidelity. I dont see a reason to buy SET or an tube amplifier for la scala.
    • Had more than that on today: Teddy, then a newer guy. Talented but looks like he's in pain, that's Jonny Lang!      
    • `24s almost over with !!! Yeeeaaahhh! It's been almost as bad as `99 was for me.   Blast from the past @billybob1  Didn't know that was the bearded- **** singing in that one part surprising to hear that voice coming from him. It's kinda hard to find you since "The Scream" is gone now.   "Randy" might have been the house band at the Country Underground out at the airport long ago. He came from the opposite side of town. He's had a great run of it in Nashville! My friend with the purple 440 six-pack `Cuda ran that joint!! She liked my incomparable big-block 4bbl Charger... cause she could feed me dust in less than a thousand feet flat! But heck if I only got 15mpg, wonder what she got when using more that the first 2bbl.     That's some good country. Those voices are incredible!          
    • It will depend on the record plant that does the pressing as due care is not carried forward from the mastering to the production     
    • https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/181505/Genesis-Nursery_Cryme-45_RPM_Vinyl_Record     Release in November 
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    eap209