• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• just ad, the plexamp, for the DJ choice, it plays all day to my collection and kept the mood and play a lot of my music, didn't remember have... plexamp, really dig deep in your music, so far, much better than the genius Apple or better than what streamer offer me for discovery. I have no A.I. so i could not try this feature.   i tend to prefer plex so far, compare to my last 3 month with roon...   the plexamp option, so far, fun fun fun with DJ feature...   and thanks for all, your info, plenty of reading to do, but Whell, thanks for the Lyrion, will seriously investigate that!   Also remote playing my plex music on my phone when i drive i must try, but iFun, seem to charge an extra to let you use Plex??? no clue why?   I integrated, my Tidal to Plex, will see or hear, what will be the impact on my music, also discover Plex has an sort of integration, for your apple database (the xml link require??? found it, but don't know what it serve for...)   Best regards thanks
    • Flabergaster, je suis! wow, thanks!
    • Dang! @Abomb that's some millage! as in mm's of paint, or is it elastomeric inside? Can't tell from here except it was laid on heavy!   If it is elasto and that heavy I'd wager it would absorb some sound! Since elasto is akin to paint and caulk mixed together a fiver weighs 50% or better more than just paint.... I know, try carrying four fives up the stairs ten floors up an unfinished building when it's 110 inside! That's FL heat there!  
    • Under Max load the fans are spinning about 2100rpm... and there are 4 120mm outlet and 3 140mm inlet fans. The aio is 360mm radiator and has 3 120mm fans so that's 10 fans total pushing and pulling airflow. It's reasonably loud at max.... I haven't tested, but maybe 40-45db. This is sitting directly next to it.   At idle and  Cruising the internet, he fans are spinning at 600 to 800 rpms and aren't really loud at all... audible but no where near loud. Of course the fan profiles are all manually adjustable at all load requirements.   One of my personal requirements was noise abatement.   You could go with a lower wattage cpu and not need massive cooling or any cooling at all. But if you have a cpu and a GPU with high capabilities, you're going to need some form of liquid cooling.
    • Honestly, after over fifty years of playing the drums, I hardly notice any minor details anymore. I'm actually used to hearing Echo in music anyway. Live sound guys tend to go that route. Not so much interested in fidelity but volume and soundstage. I'm just happy that it seems to work for me.
    • I don't know, you tell me. 😁
    • @Schu I would love to do(and will) something similar. Good work. How much audible noise does it make?
    • Echo? do you mean distinct slap echo? Many rooms because of shape/size and furnishings do not have objectionable slap echo. But what about reverb? And @Marvel brings up a good point, if uneven and bumpy it could add to diffusion. The smaller the bumps the higher the frequency of diffusion. Many people prefer "live" rooms for audio REproduction. In PROduction it is a distraction. I prefer dead quiet, I can always add reverb. But hey I'm no expert.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    thomwake1