Guys, help me make a decision about the purchase of a 1977 pair of K-horns

pythagore

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats pythagore,

Too bad for you they are not the lacquer finish, as everybody knows that lacquer ones sound a way better.

Because I am a nice guy and would like you to have the best sound, I would be willing to take your new inferior oilers

off your hands and give you my sonically superior lacquer Khorns. [6]

Way to go [Y]

Congratulations on your Khorns. I sold mine a few months ago for a few hundred more than what you paid (including delivery from Montreal to Toronto). Mine were in laquer finish and in almost mint condition. I still have the v-capped Type A crossovers if you decide to change the networks.

Kudret

I just paid for the speakers tonight, and I'll be driving Saturday for at least a 15hours round trip to pick up the speakers. Just 10 minutes ago I received an email from a local seller just a mile away from my house telling me that he has an early 1980 pair of Klipschhorns in in walnut mint condition for sale.

Now, talking about bad timing,. Has he sent me this eamil just 3 days ago, I could have already have the speakers in my house

Congratulations!

Just a couple of items. Each cabinet each weighs about a 170lbs. The good news is that the top separates from the bass bin. It is held in place by a few wing nuts. Bring plenty of blankets etc to cushion the ride.

Good Luck,

-Tom

Thanks for the tip. That's really good to know, I was actually worried about the speaker not fitting in my truck.

Congratulations!

Just a couple of items. Each cabinet each weighs about a 170lbs. The good news is that the top separates from the bass bin. It is held in place by a few wing nuts. Bring plenty of blankets etc to cushion the ride.

Good Luck,

-Tom

and pliers. And remember to remove the side grilles before moving them. LOTS of blankies. I bring some pillows and sleeping bags to jam in beside them so nothing shifts around in the load.

Enjoy the road trip, drink plenty of Diet Rock Star (the official drink of Klipsch Roadies) and report back.

Michael

Thank all for helping me make the best decision of my life, and also the best $2300 I ever spend.

I drove from 1 AM in the middle of night and a snow storm to go pickup the speakers 400 miles( 800 round trip). I brought them home, and let me tell you that right at this moment, I'm the happiest guy on this planet.

Thank you again guys. Go open the fridge and grab yourself a cold one, and if the wife asks why, tell her for helping a fellow Klipsch citizen make the best decision of his young life. [:D]

post-10735-13819427783666_thumb.jpg

They look GREAT! Nice score, even if you had to make the long drive.Even adding in the gas, you came out great. Enjoy them a while and then get the caps replaced. You will probably think you got another set of speakers after the change.

Bruce

Congratulations. They look to be in excellent shape. You did good!

Updating the caps would cost you less than $50 and 1 hour with a soldering iron and will make them sound even better than they do now. Later on, you can consider other mods, or simply enjoy them.