Jubilee and passive networks - long and possibly inflammatory

greg928gts

What Coytee is saying (I think) is that there are no theaters that use solely Jubilees for sound (i.e. they use side surrounds and the like as well)

Dang dude.... here I am vouching for you... you stab me in the back by covering for me!

[Y]

Coytee your wife is going to be happy to know those speakers she loves so much don't exist.

Indeed!!! to this day, she walks by them.. stops... clicks her heels three times together while chanting

"those big black ugly boxes do not exist in my home..."

Then she opens her eyes and goes to work while sobbing hysterically....

Personally, I think she's on the verge of a nervous breakdown...

• Moderators

Coytee your wife is going to be happy to know those speakers she loves so much don't exist.

Indeed!!! to this day, she walks by them.. stops... clicks her heels three times together while chanting

Now Coytee we all know if you never gave her that nervous breakdown those big black ugly boxes surely will not ! [;)] They are just cramping her style, anyway I think they love to be on the edge of a nervous breakdown, it's a female thing ? [:-*]

You are sure backing down on things tonight. No list of theaters with Jubilees! I wonder why? Then you state they don't exist, when everyone else except the Best Buy clerk says they do.

Geographically, upper northeast. State, New York. City, Gotham City.

What Coytee is saying (I think) is that there are no theaters that use solely Jubilees for sound (i.e. they use side surrounds and the like as well). And I am a Best Buy "Clerk"!

BTW.... Gotham? Come on man...

Am I missing something? Maybe it's because I live in Australia that I don't get the Gotham slur. Is there something wrong with coming from this city? [*-)]

How about a list of theaters that have Jubilees, not just any Klipsch but Jubilees?

I am sure that Klipsch would be abel to tell you which of the theaters have Jubilees as part of the total package, but it probably wouldn't be worth their time. The point has been made, erroneously I believe, that you want a theater that has only Jubilees.Since a theater setup has multiple speakers, you won't find that anywhere. In ay case, they would be a part of the fronts, and would be hidden behind he screen (as has been mentioned). The sides and rear speakers in a full blown theater system will be smaller. Reading the logos on those is hard enough.

The other problem here is that the cinema version is configured as a three way, with the bass bin the only one with the same drivers. The eq is set to sound correct through the screen, so most at home (other than Bill Hendrix) don't have them behind a screen and are set up as two way systems.

I would say that most theaters are able to have great sound, but the staff mess with it. Whether the systems are JBL or Klipsch, they should all sound good. Many do not. I have been in too many theaters where the side surrounds sound fuzzy and distorted. It could be overall lack of maintenance, a bad print, or blown components. You never know for sure.

If you've looked at the list, you know that there are lots of Klipsch professional products out there to hear. If you want to hear some in a home, you have to play nice. There have been a lot of folks who have opened up their homes to have folks come and listen.However, it means being a little more forthcoming with who you are, what you really want, blah blah blah.....

Coytee! As long as she's not wearing the ruby red shoes, you are safe!!!

yah... we got sidetracked, but on the plus side, there was some fun to be had with "bat-troll".

I have been carefully following this thread in that Jubilees are still a goal, if but now displaced in time out another year or more. I'm not sure about the active route and originally had Dean's passives, but events that put the Jube project on hold, compelled me to sell them. I am probably still going to go passive when I get to that point.

" Unfortunately a troll arrived"

I wonder the real identity....

Could be the dark side of one of us playing two ends against the middle....

He's not a troll, but like a lot of people, doesn't know enough about loudspeakers to get a handle on it.

Maybe someone should go over to the Altec-Lansing site and inform all of those folks that the sound their getting is all wrong for Hi-Fi because of the theater components their using -- I'm sure they'll get a kick out of it. Of course, the Heritage stuff utilizes theater components as well, which I guess is a good thing as long as it's not the Jubilee.

He's not a troll, but like a lot of people, doesn't know enough about loudspeakers to get a handle on it.

Maybe someone should go over to the Altec-Lansing site and inform all of those folks that the sound their getting is all wrong for Hi-Fi because of the theater components their using -- I'm sure they'll get a kick out of it. Of course, the Heritage stuff utilizes theater components as well, which I guess is a good thing as long as it's not the Jubilee.

What was this thread about again? It has more diversions than a David Lynch movie.

How about a list of theaters that have Jubilees, not just any Klipsch but Jubilees?

I am sure that Klipsch would be abel to tell you which of the theaters have Jubilees as part of the total package, but it probably wouldn't be worth their time. The point has been made, erroneously I believe, that you want a theater that has only Jubilees.

You are one of the few Klipschheads who understand what you read and I commend you for that, Bruce. As you say, I never asked for theaters that have only Jubilees. I wanted a list of theaters that have Jubilees, not a list of theaters that have any odds and ends Klipsch speakers.

I am afraid that it sounds like theater Jubilees are almost vaporware, probaly made in onesies and twosies at best. If they had been around in the 1940s and 1950s, individual theaters might have bought them. Every theater out there now is part of a chain with a big corporate owner. No CEO is goin to drop ten large on a couple speakers if he doesn't need to.

I am afraid that it sounds like theater Jubilees are almost vaporware, probaly made in onesies and twosies at best. If they had been around in the 1940s and 1950s, individual theaters might have bought them. Every theater out there now is part of a chain with a big corporate owner. No CEO is goin to drop ten large on a couple speakers if he doesn't need to.

Do you have any idea what large cinema speakers of any brand cost? Pro sound equipment is not cheap. It's made to play hard night after night without fail and is built accordingly.

Have you checked out the Pro Cinema pages to see what Klipsch carries? Take a look at this page and see for yourself:

http://www.klipsch.com/products/lists/professional-cinema.aspx?viewall=true

These speakers are built and sold in large numbers, not as many as home speakers, but certainly not in "onesies and twosies", except in the case of Jubilees for home use, which are all custom-ordered. I'm not sure why it's taking you this long to get it. The expression "thick as two planks" is starting to sound appropriate.

No CEO is goin to drop ten large on a couple speakers if he doesn't need to.

Pro sound equipment is not cheap

Let's not forget that the Jubilees cost us 'about' $7,000. It's not unreasonable that a large chain who might buy multiple thousands of dollars of stuff through Klipsch just might get an even better deal?

And (Robin), I think they've been building these for 10/12 years so there has certainly been enough time to get more than "onesies and twosies" out there?

I don't know...just speculating. Maybe Klipsch will provide us with their sales figures....

[:D]