Hows the weather in your neck of the woods?

tuned4life

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

Anybody else heat with wood? We have burned about 10 face cord so far. About 25 cord in out of the weather under the over hang, HIckory, Hard Maple, Beech, and Hard Cherry.

About 35 tonight 31 tomorrow night then it will warm up the rest of the week.

We heat with wood also but the big difference is if we have a cold and long winter we may burn 2 cords, right now we have burned about 3/4 of a cord this winter so far. I love wood heat but if that meant 20 to 25 cords a winter thats alot of work but still cheaper than any other heat. Do you cut your own wood or buy it, I cut it myself but I only need 2 cords, to buy it here it's about $175 a cord for seasoned oak, but it always seems that I end up with wood just from thing I have to do anyway.

25 cords would last me till the year 2021 [:o]

The other side of that is the summer here feels like you heater right now, then add HUMIDITY. [:@]

we are on the opposite end of the scale, with what I believe to be the be hottest few days in a row over here in over 100 years. Yesterday and today was over 43 degrees and the same for tommorow. I have even heard and read reports of roads even melting.

We need some of your snow.

Lordy how do you people stand it up north? That driveway pic is just nuts.

Just think how much worse it would be without global warming.

We got blasted, all of the ice that wasn't supposed to hit -- did. That's some real unpleasant stuff.

Lordy how do you people stand it up north? That driveway pic is just nuts.

Every year we ask ourselves why we live here. Then during one warm spring day when we take the boat out on Great Pond for the first time we get our answer. There are other reasons too, but even so, we still think about moving all the time. The grass is always greener . . . .

Greg

Anybody else heat with wood? We have burned about 10 face cord so far. About 25 cord in out of the weather under the over hang, HIckory, Hard Maple, Beech, and Hard Cherry.

Insulation?

Our woodstove is heating our home most of the winter and we can barely get two cords through it. I would never move that much wood or waste that much heat. I have a hard time thinking of the waste from the two cords we burn every year. Ten to Twenty cords in one year? WOW!

Greg

My back patio and driveway have about 2 inches of solid ice. I had a REAL close call this morning. I just caught myself. With coffee in hand it would have been a very ugly situation. Nothing like that picture above since we only got 3 to 6 inches of snow before the freezing rain came but it was enough to make the back roads extremely dangerous. Schools are closed for the 2nd straight day and I expect the same tomorrow.

Insulation?

Our woodstove is heating our home most of the winter and we can barely get two cords through it. I would never move that much wood or waste that much heat. I have a hard time thinking of the waste from the two cords we burn every year. Ten to Twenty cords in one year? WOW!

Greg

Well we don't know the size of his house, firstly. Also, and I'm not sure if he's using the same measurement, but a "face cord" is roughly 1/3 of a full cord. But even so, When we heated our 2200 sq. ft house that had minimal insulation, we barely went through 3 cords a year...

Depending on who you believe, Indy got it's 7th or 9th largest 24 hour accumulation yesterday at 12 inches. We got dug out ok yesterday, and the afternoon was sunny. You can see blacktop on my driveway already. Of course despite the great efforts of the city, it was a mess yesterday with schools and some business closed.

I thought it was pretty, if you didn't have anywhere to go.

M

Hey we got lucky, Just a dusting of snow. Looks like south of us got hit pretty hard though. Still having the lows in the negatives and highs in the teens for the next few days. I think we have had 6 to 12 inches of snow cover since about the beginning of December.

Well dont worry. Apparently the govt is setting aside a cool 50 million from the proposed stimulus package for global warming research. We can finally be done with all this global warming that is affecting the weather patterns.[:o] Just in time too.

Well dont worry. Apparently the govt is setting aside a cool 50 million from the proposed stimulus package for global warming research. We can finally be done with all this global warming that is affecting the weather patterns.Surprise Just in time too.

Yeah, thank goodness! I thought Al Gore was going to explode there for a while. Now he can relax since the Obama administration has it all under control. Whew!!

Yeah, thank goodness! I thought Al Gore was going to explode there for a while.

I had my hopes up for a while[H] Anyway it gets down to about 40 at night but warms up to 70 ish during the day. I hate this dreaded inclement winter weather in So Cal![:#]