To all of you who are proud parents...

Joe Shmoe

Friday February 6th 2009 @ 4:54PM Will always be noted as the day and time my life truly changed.

Earlier this year I married my wife and inherited two boys 6, 8. Living with them & becoming their step Dad has been a gift in itself, giving me purpose and direction in life. Friday we defied the odds and brought another beautiful baby boy into this world. My wifes boys Max & Gray are special to me by themselves, but after seeing the nurse hold up my own baby boy Friday night I felt something I just cannot explain.

I had been told that once I see my own baby I would feel something special. Going into the operating room, I was worried that maybe I wouldn't? Let me tell you that all changed. Feeling helpless as I watched my wife in so much pain, I heard my own baby start to cry as they cleaned him off, and with tears running down my face, I cut the umbilical cord. Theres something just so special about having your own baby, something that tugs at your heart and makes you realize that suddenly all those things you normally worry about don't seem so important anymore. My hat is off to all of you ahead of me who are proud parents, and already know first hand the things I felt that night & the things I will continue to feel.

Thanks for letting me share [;)]

Here's Me & Joe Jr. .... all 9lbs and 10oz's of him!

post-13769-13819445961938_thumb.jpg

lol.... funny you mentioned that, as soon as the cool air hit him, there was a stream of pee running everywhere! The nurse said he probably would have weighed in at 10lbs if he had waited to pee. And yes, I have been shown the proper way to change a diaper as to not become a target [;)]

Congrats! What a feeling it is... It's going to be so good, enjoy all of it you can. That's a good sized boy! My daughter had one 9lbs 6oz. this past August.

They are a blessing, for sure, and your life is forever changed.

Bruce

• Moderators

Congratulations Joe on the little Joe, just try to remember all that happiness when he is about 2 years old, it will help as he tries your nerves, and again in early teens. You will be fine, there's nothing like it and don't forget take plenty pictures they grow up very fast.

Congratulations on the other two boys, they need a full time dad also, it will be YOU they remember when they grow up as there dad [Y]

Thanks to everyone for the great comments! I will be sure to take plenty of pictures!

dkp- Man, my heart went out to you when you and your family were going through the health issues with your daughter, but now I see things in a totally different light! I just would be beside myself if I were in your shoes then. I couldn't imagine feeling that helpless watching something you just created have such a hard time... I hope things are better now and wish you and your family the best!

One more thing after looking at the picture I just posted... I noticed the packets of vaseline & the gauze, this morning was his circumcision... UGH! [:(] Is this not the cruelest thing ever? I know it's not 100% necessary but, man I hated to have that done to him... I can only imagine what is going through his mind... "where the heck am I at??... all this pain, it's cold, im hungry.."

The Dr. said as he walked Joey out of the room "Joey, when your Mom says "I feel your pain" she is lying!"[8-)]