Lets hear what your favorite stand up comedy album is.

jacksonbart

I have a few, but have been looking for more. If clean/recent is important Jim Gaffigan's 'King Baby' is good. Another good clean one I listened to as a kid was Cosby's 'I Started Out as a Child'. Doesn't have to clean. I also remember Eddie Murphy's 'Eddie Murphy' has me crying. Come on its tough out there and we all need a laugh. Its the economy, the swine flu or both. What can you recommend?

51WzB1qVogL._SS500_.jpg

I think this was my first comedy album and my brother and I got to go see it live when Steve came to town in 1977 or 78. I also have some Smother Brothers albums, a few Richard Pryor albums and of coarse, some George Carlin, who was one of the funniest people alive.

Dennie

Bill Cosby 'Why is there air?' The guy could be hilarious without all the cussing of today's comedians. I always respected that.

I just picked up this and a few other Cosby LP's in a carload I ferried home from Chicago. Think I'll go put it on now.

M

Another old fave I purchased back in my hippie-trippy days was George Carlin 'Toledo Window Box'. George talks about the various herbal labels 'Acapulco Gold', 'Panama Red', says what he used was grown right at home hence 'Toledo Window Box'.

Dig it.

M

I really like Mitch Hedberg (r.i.p.) it's hard to tell if he was an idiot or a genius, but he definatley looked at the world from a different perspective than most of us.

I'm also a Louis C.K. fan. If you like raunchy comedy, this guy says stuff that you only think but would never say yourself.

YMMV

Jeremy

Gotta be George Carlin's "Class Clown". It was the very first vinyl LP I ever bought (at a yard sale for 50 cents). For well over 20 years it had a pop/skip in it that I could have sworn jumped over some dialog. The CD finally came out and and low and behold the pop/skip was in the exact same place that the recording was badly spliced together at the Little David studio.

After thast it would have to be the Best of Bill Cosby and then Pryor's "That Ni****a's Crazy".