KHorns arrived and

USNRET

hooked up in the most inappropriate way as far as room goes. I have no place for them at the moment, stitting 8" out from the corners on furniture dollies (with bass traps behind them) with doors, curtains, glass, etc.

All I have to say is HOLLY Shite. These things are amazing! 12' spread and 5' sitting just to hear them...hands down best I've ever heard. Can not wait until I can incorporate them into a proper setting.

hooked up in the most inappropriate way as far as room goes. I have no place for them at the moment, stitting 8" out from the corners on furniture dollies (with bass traps behind them) with doors, curtains, glass, etc.

All I have to say is HOLLY Shite. These things are amazing! 12' spread and 5' sitting just to hear them...hands down best I've ever heard. Can not wait until I can incorporate them into a proper setting.

When I got my pair of Khorns, I did not have proper corners. I was still building my room. I also hooked them up just floating in the room and could not believe how good they sounded improperly set up. The proper set up with corners is a tweak rather than a complete necessity for Khorns to sound good, IMHO.

The other thing I learned about Khorns is a big room is more important than proper corners.

I worked with a guy once who had a nice pair of Speaklab SKs. He had them about three feet from the corners, and they sounded great. They were at the correct angle, just pulled out.

Congrats!!

Not sure that they are as sensitive to placement and room size as I first thought, maybe more than some other speakers but they still elicit a "HOLLY shite" in my smallish room and pulled out from the wall. (that said, there in the corners now and i want a bigger room [H][H][H])

Have a super weekend with your new babies. So what's playing? Yes

Not much[:'(]

This is my 3 day weekend but due to some thingies at work I get to go in at 5AM, sit at the desk, lean head back and count ceiling tiles for 10 hours a day. Came home and the wife wanted to go out with her buddies so I am hanging out and monitoring the munchins. Actually, the couch looks pretty good right now.

But a question has arose. As ya'll know I got these from joessportster with an extra set of 'after market' horns. I'm trying to trace the family tree. Going back thru the posts I get the feeling they came from Blvdre but I may be way wrong. Who are they? What do they eat? If the family tree is known by someone then the question is can I try them out in my Belles (see sig for specifics) and/or the KHorns? I have an extra set of K-55Ms from the Belles I could screw on.

I have sent Joe an inquiry but he is out of pocket right now.

Yup, if they're the trachorns, they used to be mine (I now have Dave's fastracs, drop ins for the LaScalas). I wonder if those horns will fit in a khorn tophat, with room for a tweeter? I forget what the Fc is, but they're good down to 400Hz, and sound nicer than the stock k400's. Do the munchkins like speaker projects?

Yup, if they're the trachorns, they used to be mine (I now have Dave's fastracs, drop ins for the LaScalas). I wonder if those horns will fit in a khorn tophat, with room for a tweeter? I forget what the Fc is, but they're good down to 400Hz, and sound nicer than the stock k400's. Do the munchkins like speaker projects?

Thanks, where do we go from here to see what it is I have? Based on my very limited experience/knowledge I get the idea that I do not want to screw up on a match between driver (spare K-55V in this case) and crossover in order to prevent the driver from becoming 'un-loaded'. I have stock "A"s in the Khorns, the stock "AB"s from the Belles and then the BEC "A4500"s currently in my Belles.

#1- get em off those dollies, that's killing yer bass mang.

seriously, once you're done playing with corners, get em TIGHT in the corners of choise with pipe wrap on the tailboard and across top of bass bin. Put large 'gripper' stick on feet over the domes of silence. Then you're gonna energize that room like you've never heard!

M

the metal footies on the bottom of the Heritage cabinets are branded 'domes of silence', on a hard floor you don't want to scratch, apply the 2" rubber gripper pads over the domes so you now have non-slip footies. This way when you shove your Khorns tight in the corners, the will STAY THERE.

M

SSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you like the bass huh ????? i thought you might, i have ouned and heard several pairs of k-horns and this pair for what ever reason just seemed to have the best bass of all i had heard....................also i am very glad to hear you like them (nothing better than a satisfied customer / forum member) i always wander how others will grade a product when they receive it......would you say i was closse on my 7.5 to 8 on a 10 scale rating ???????????

REALLY HAPPY we were able to work out the logistics and get these down there, i honestly hope you get years of pleasure from them, they are wonderful speakers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe

Thanks, where do we go from here to see what it is I have? Based on my very limited experience/knowledge I get the idea that I do not want to screw up on a match between driver (spare K-55V in this case) and crossover in order to prevent the driver from becoming 'un-loaded'. I have stock "A"s in the Khorns, the stock "AB"s from the Belles and then the BEC "A4500"s currently in my Belles.

I'm a little fuzzy on what you're asking. The k-55 will work fine in with any of those crossovers, with either the stock k-400 horns or Dave's trachorns. If you want to try the trachorns, I would suggest mounting the KHorn's K-55's to the trachorns (I'm guessing they still have the adapters mounted, so just screw them on), throw them up top and see what you think.