OT. Best Rootin, tootin Handgun, AR or Rifle for�

thebes

"the right to bear arms".....

well what about the pour helpless bears? don't they have a right to their arms? how the heck are they going to forage for berries? Ever try to catch a salmon with just your mouth! The pour things will starve to death!! I am appalled at all of you!!!

post-30274-13819475721714_thumb.jpg

"the right to bear arms".....

well what about the pour helpless bears? don't they have a right to their arms? how the heck are they going to forage for berries? Ever try to catch a salmon with just your mouth! The pour things will starve to death!! I am appalled at all of you!!!

The right to bear arms, that is what sets American women apart from muslim woman--our girls have the right to bare their arms.

People kill other people. It's not a new idea. You don't need a gun to kill someone.

Too bad we can't properly deal with evil people. If we could, I wouldn't feel the need to protect myself from them.

post-3205-13819475735388_thumb.jpg

Too bad we can't properly deal with evil people. If we could, I wouldn't feel the need to protect myself from them.

How many times have you used your guns to actually, specifically protect yourself from evil people?

Usually just in the evenings from dusk to dawn. :)

…killing an abortion doctor. While your at it, my fine Christian souls, will he be nearer his Lord if he is shot before, during or after church services.

I have no idea and could not care less. God WILL know his own.

Said weapon must be a mutli-tasker suitable for also taking out:

- African-American security guards at Jewish Holocaust Memorials

I'd stick with some variant of the M-16/AR-15 platform. Ammo is light so you cam shoot more of them on the move...

- slaughtering former co-workers

I'm guessing you'd probably want to use a shotgun for this, really mess them up since you hate them so much.

- -shooting up institutions of learning from grade school up through post-doctoral

Doesn't really matter here as those who believe as you do have turned these institutions in to gun free killing zones...

- Readily portable so they can be sold to Mexican drug cartels and used to kill more people than we lost on 9-11

Good thing you are not running the Cartels, as they have the sense to get most of their guns from other countries, where fully automatic weapons are freely traded. (Might help you to do some real reasearch before throwing out already disproven Media hype as an arguement)...

- Lightweight enough so children can get a firm grip on them when aiming at their playmates

I have found that children as young as 6 or 7 can easily handle an AR.

- Be pried from your cold dead hands when your spouse shoots you

Knowing my wife if she ever shoots me she would have a darn good reason and I'll probably deserve it. At least she would know how to use the darn thing and only need one shot, unlike you...

… and it must be positively, guarantied 100% American made.

Hummm. Hard to be sure ANYTHING is 100% USA today. My Bushmaster sez it is USA made, but I would not bet the farm on it...

Sorry guys, if some of you are insulted so be it. How do you think many of us here feel with these never-ending weapons threads that pop up incessantly. Not to mention the false bravado, the tortured Constitutional rationales, the blithe disregard of the toll guns take on society.

Hey, I'm new here. Most of the gun boards I frequent cover topics from political discussion(banned here) to cooking, electronics, world and US history, international relations and many many more topics.

If I find a thread that doesn't interest me, I don't read it. Is that too hard a concept for you?

Huntin. Fishin. Go right ahead, but if you want to prattle on with this Deputy Dawg crap take it on over to a gun nut forum. It is my understanding that this site is for discussing audio gear and of course,

Bacon!

I was invited here by someone that wanted me to post in an area that I have no little expertise in. And to be totally honest I don't give a good darn bit if it offends you or not. If something I say offends the board operator or moderators they can censor it or me as they choose. Until such time I will ad my $.02 to topics that I either have sometyhing on point to add or questions to ask.

Have a blessed day

Mac

Not bad. Love the sarcasm. :)

"Doesn't really matter here as those who believe as you do have turned these institutions in to gun free killing zones..."

That one is killer, er, I mean, really good.

How many times have you used your guns to actually, specifically protect yourself from evil people?

Well if you wanted me dead, better shoot from across the street or from a sniper position (I don't know any evil people who wants me dead that bad)

Butttttt....If said evil doer is trying to mug/capture me and has a gun to my head......I presently know 8 different gun disarm scenarios and practice them 2-3 times per week with one of the best in the business. More than likely I will shoot the evil guy with his own gun than get shoot myself.

I feel much more comfortable carrying a small blade......If you get jumped at night/blindsided...I doubt that the aggressor will give you time to pull your gun and us it affectively ..... home invasion? well you roll the dice you take your chances......

Well if you wanted me dead, better shoot from across the street or from a sniper position (I don't know any evil people who wants me dead that bad)

Butttttt....If said evil doer is trying to mug/capture me and has a gun to my head......I presently know 8 different gun disarm scenarios and practice them 2-3 times per week with one of the best in the business. More than likely I will shoot the evil guy with his own gun than get shoot myself.

The techniques you are using all depend on one thing, that you can move quicker than your assailant can pull a trigger. Which contrary to the uninformed beliefs of some, you can do. Your techniques work, don't they.

I feel much more comfortable carrying a small blade......If you get jumped at night/blindsided...I doubt that the aggressor will give you time to pull your gun and us it affectively ..... home invasion? well you roll the dice you take your chances......

On one hand you espouse that you know several disarm techniques and on the other hand doubt that others can react quickly enough to make a difference? As you well know training is the key...

Firearms are the great equalizer. But they do not guarentee anything.

People kill other people. It's not a new idea. You don't need a gun to kill someone.

DeanG, thank you for bringing up this issue.

Most anti gun advocates don't like to know the actual statistics for injuries and deaths caused by different types of weapons. Actually guns have traditionally fallen at about number three, behind blunt objects at #2, and knives (or cutting instruments) at the top of the list, by a margin of almost ten to one.

I don't see any anti knife advocates out there, do you?

• Sad 1

I don't see any anti knife advocates out there, do you?

Knives are multi-purpose tools, used in the kitchen and the workshop every day. They can be misused to hurt people, just like baseball bats, but it's not their primary function (okay, daggers are intended as weapons, so double-edged knives are actually banned in many places), whereas handguns are nearly all intended to put holes in people. There are target pistols, but I'd think they're a small minority of the handguns in circulation.
  • Thanks 1

If a man hurts another man to the point of being disfigured, crippled, or dead with a gun, knife or ballbat, self defense or not, it will set heavy on your mind (if you have a heart) the rest of life. I believe a person can avoid it 99% of the time. I personally don't own a gun because I choose not to.

…killing an abortion doctor. While your at it, my fine Christian souls, will he be nearer his Lord if he is shot before, during or after church services.

Sorry guys, if some of you are insulted so be it. How do you think many of us here feel with these never-ending weapons threads that pop up incessantly. Not to mention the false bravado, the tortured Constitutional rationales, the blithe disregard of the toll guns take on society.

Huntin. Fishin. Go right ahead, but if you want to prattle on with this Deputy Dawg crap take it on over to a gun nut forum. It is my understanding that this site is for discussing audio gear and of course,

Bacon!

Wow, great post and very deep too. You are probably right, though. We should also eliminate from possible discussion topics covering: heart disease (600k deaths per year), cancer (560k deaths per year) etc etc etc. Want to talk about corvettes? Sorry, there are over 40,000 automobile deaths per year and this is just too sensitive a topic for my thin skin. 5 minutes to Miller time? I don't think so, Tim. 15,000+ deaths each year are due to drunk driving.