Ok, guys, I get the whole "Groupies" thing... Here's your chance!

Amy

As a possible addition to the groupies area, a virtual tour of the Hope factory or a virtual tour of engineering in Indy would be cool.

Having had the chance to take the tour a couple of times, the testing area is most interesting, among many things. How cool would it be to have video of the personalized metal plaques being attached as the last thing before packing and shipping.

Interviews, or short verbal bits from engineers and execs could be a part of that, too.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The background image was of an assembly of Klipsch Professional loudspeakers that the Pilgrimage 2008 lads put together.

The original concept and photo is my homage to The Who's cover artwork for the very well-known 'Who Are You?' album, so it's quintessential Rock and Roll and Klipsch at the same time, although no logo placards are shown.

To me this conceptual image speaks of the Heritage and collectibility of Klipsch speakers that so many of us are enamored with. In it we see the pro versions of Heresy and LaScala (the HIP and LSI) and their bigger cousins- Klipsch's largest fully horn loaded system the MCM1900, and the KP600, the largest system Klipsch ever made. You don't see all of those together very often unless you're in the company of some very intense fans of the company's products- and that's what we're all about.

post-10755-13819476194162_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

The Nut Hut.

The Loony bin

Amy just go ahead and call it what you do when no one is around and were causing problems ! [:$] Maby that's not a good idea, nevermind

Yes I was fine with groupies as well. Maybe there are too many "sensitive" easily offended on here. I dont think it really reflects on you as a person whatever Klipsch decides to call it.

[Y] It's not like some are going to stop posting on the forum because how its labeled.... I say leave it and get over it....

James

Addicts, Crowd, Devotees, Enthusiasts, Fiends, Freaks, Family, Extended Family, Gang, Folks, Maniacs, Our Gang, Collectors, Connoisseurs, Cultists, Disciples, Zealots, Geeks, Junkies, Resident Experts, Mavins. Tune-In, Stay Tuned, All Ears, Auditory Canal, Auditory Channel, Ear Canal, Ear Drums, Golden Ears, Educated Ears, The Channel, The Lowdown, The Downlow, Vibes, Voices, The Voice Coil, Continuity, Conductance and I know it's not a word but: "Audists". Maybe "Files" ('files), or "Philes" ('philes), A-Philes or A-Files and finally, Peeps. What about K-Philes or Klipsch-'philes?

-Glenn

Picky, Would you actually want some of these? Freaks or Junkies? I am starting to like Groupies.... wait. That didn't sound right.

How about:

Thumpers

post-20592-13819476226652_thumb.jpg

Amy, I agree to remove the word "groupies". Although I was not offended in any way...........it just conjures up an image of desperate women in head banging gear going all out to to be near some band or musicians. I never thought of the word in any other way..........and frankly it is a poor choice for a group of communications oriented topics.

Having said that, I also do not see that "forums" belongs in that group at all. I would get it onto its own headline in the same place you now have the word "groupies". I would also then replace the word "groupies" with something else, like "Klipsch-comm / media" or whtever marketing buzz word you feel fits. But I would elevate the forums out of that group.

Thanks for the opportunity to comment.

Crips.....Bloods.....or Gangster Disciples. [:@]

Don't mess with those horn guys with the "Klipse" speakers......they're just so in your face and an all together abrasive bunch of psycos.

• Moderators

How about "Guys who are really obsessed with their Klipsch audio products and get together in this one spot 10-15 times a day to discuss it".Big Smile

LOL!