Until we meet again

USNRET

Sitting at my desk watching the weather go by when I got the call. Must be getting saddled up and headed to Tejas by next week. I will be stopping by as I can but it will be some time before I'm out from under the bridge and have a place to call home and get the computer back up.

Thanks for the fun and fellowship. See ya

Man, you can't go yet, you haven't heard those KHorns that I put the backs on. They sound out f.......standing.. I'm putting a thing together on the build, you can see it here.

Mike, you have been a good friend and partner, I hope the best for you and your family. Godspeed my friend and you always got a bed here.

Later Dude

CigarBum

Hey guys, I'm moving to Corpus Christi but will be doing some flying back and forth between Atl, Corpus and Jax FL for a few weeks and then staying in Corpus. Finally got the wife convinced that I need to box and haul the system and not let the re-location folks move it. We'll be in a hotel for 60-90 days looking for a trailer house to live in [:|] until we figure out what the heck to do with our house here. Anyone need a place outside Atlanta? Buy, rent, burn?

Any one have a place in Corpus they want to lease out for 5-10 years?

CB, now you have an excuse to leave the mountain resort and take a road trip. The family will miss you. Thanks for allowing Jeffrey to have some live fire fun up there and giving me a cozy place to sleep off a night with you, Winchester and Coytee. Give 'sweety pie' a hug for me.

Hope the Coastal Bend Dart Assoc. is still alive. I use to play 5-7 nights a week there back in the 80's.

My Mom and sisters live up in the Ft. Worth, Dallas, Sulphur Springs, Clarksville area so I will be traveling that corridor as I can.

Mike- Its been a real pleasure hanging out and dealing with you. I am happy for you in your new venture - particulary in our unstable industry- sounds like you hit the home run- so happy for you. You sytll have my cell number- Please don't be a stranger. We need to plan a get together. I could haul some of the other NC K heads ups to CBs or whatever. Let's not let this be a good buy- just a later on. Alll the best my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have customers in DFW and Houston... Sounds like trouble to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheez, it's about time you left. I got dibs on his chair. Don't let the door hit you...[:D]

Sounds like an oportunity and a challenge all wrapped up in one. Good luck to you, and please do check in when time permits.

• Moderators

Thanks, dude. I'll be around

We kind of expected that !

Have a good move and get settled as soon as a good housing opportunity pops up, you have a big advantage over many in this economy, your EMPLOYED !

Good luck to you and your family. [Y]

It finally became 'officially' real today.

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=544aaecca5909c5b6d34432fae20e210&tab=core&_cview=0&cck=1&au=&ck=

I hope to never have a day like this again between current boss and new boss (in same company). As you guys might remember I have been on hold awaiting contract award since April '08 and was on again/off again for freaking ever. I was notified at about 10 this morning to get to Corpus ASAP. Current boss threw a fit and refused to release me due to short notice even though he approved my eligibilty to interview for a Blue Sky (dependent upon contract award) position last March. It got ugly and I was finally released at 4:00 today. I am packing my undies and giving hugs and kisses to the kids tonight. At 5 and 7 they don't quite understand that daddy will be in and out on the weekends as I can until I can get the new project up and move them there. I fly back to my home state of Texas on Saturday. I hope they will re-instate my status as a real Texan.

A couple of: here honey you need to paint here and oh yea I meant to tell you that this had to be done will keep me busy for the last few days. Thank god for my in-laws that at 70+ are here cleaning and weather proofing the dock, cleaning house, painting retaining walls, hauling debris and generally being damn good folk.

I will miss this, my first house as a home owner and the only home that my wife and kids have known, but I am sorta excited about the new opportunity. I regret that the move didn't happen a year ago when the market was a little better so we would not be paying for a vacant house and starting up a new one.

Ah, got to listen to the VRDst and Belles last night for the final time in this environment. It happens that a co-worker/real friend that has razzed me without mercy about old tube crap was here. He was impressed and apologized for his transgressions. Don't know when I'll fire them up again.

I put the folks to bed, mixed a Makers Mark, lit a Malboro (where are you CB, I need a Cuban) and took a walk down to the lake for a last look around. What a nice view!

Take care my friends, catch up with you (YA'LL) later.

Mike

PS: On a side note , if there are any aircraft maintenace folks out there looking, check this out. I will be needing to fill numerous positions: http://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/jobsearch_all.asp filter for keyword CBP.

Welcome back and a "real Texan" is for life so no worries there!

Thanks, I'll take that as the Welcome Committee. My non-Texan wife doesn't quite get it when I sit and talk to my son that his hand shake is worth so much more than his signature, his word is everything.

good luck to you shipmate.

texas pride--that's good. i'm from Oakland, CA born in the shadow of the collesium. life was getting too much two weeks ago, told the boss that i really needed to take a week off. she said when, and i said "i'll start right now if you'll let me." She did and I booked a flight back home. Upon my return, a co-worker asked where i had been. i said Oakland, and she made a face as if to say I'm sorry. I laughed and said, the funny part is, that i went there to relax!

Anyway, reading you texan's exchanges, reminded me of an episode of King of the Hill. Hank Hill is a proud Texan and he is devestated when he learns that he was actually born in New York City. His mom made a trip late in her pregnancy and delivered him while on vacation. It was as if his life was over. So, you texans are sure proud of your homestead--and that's a good thing too.

Haven't moved since I retired from the Coast Guard back in 2003. Strange thing though, every four years I get a little restless. Was talking to a former retiree and he said the same thing happens to him--he said it was from a career of switching jobs every four years. Guess that makes sense.

Fair winds and following seas my friend.