What's your favorite cheap beer?

Yukon Jackass

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess my favorite cheap beer is Dos Equis Dark.

I like Dos Equis Amber A LOT... maybe my all time favorite ... especially on tap, but what do you consider an expensive beer then? I have also got stuck with old stock before, but that hasn't been as much as a problem in recent years.

I guess my favorite cheap beer is Dos Equis Dark.

I like Dos Equis Amber A LOT... maybe my all time favorite ... especially on tap, but what do you consider an expensive beer then? I have also got stuck with old stock before, but that hasn't been as much as a problem in recent years.

i love beer. These are a few of my faves.

Tilburg-Mockup-Suggestion.gifchimay.jpgbrand-Rasputin.jpgbrainslogo.jpg

• 1 month later...

I like Dos Equis Amber A LOT...

I got my fiancee to try this last week in Manila, and she really liked it. It's very smooth while still having some flavor. The price was high for the Philippine, but then again, we were in a bar.

http://www.hobbithousemanila.com/index2.html

A not very politically correct bar staffed by little people. You couldn't get away with that in the U.S.

Bruce

Can't drink cheap beer - bleech! Life is too short not to enjoy good beer.

After spending three years in Germany there wasn't much in the US when I got back that I would even call beer, but all the micro-breweries popping up over the years make some good quality brews.

I am in Vermont and Magic Hat, Long Trail, Otter Creek, etc. make some great beer and at Magic Hat you can go right into the factory and get gruellers of your favorites.

That said my current favorite is a Wheat Doppelbock called Aventinus by Schneider Brewery in Germany or the Weistephaner (oldest brewery in Germany) brews. These are like $3 - $4 a pint bottle though.

Canada has great beer the imported versions of Labatt's and Molson's are terrible, but go to Canada and have one and it's a different story. Brador Malt Liquor will get you snockered quick.

I have sucked it up at people's houses and sipped on a Bud or Coors just not to seem snooty, but yuck.

Can't drink cheap beer - bleech! Life is too short not to enjoy good beer.

After spending three years in Germany there wasn't much in the US when I got back that I would even call beer, but all the micro-breweries popping up over the years make some good quality brews.

I am in Vermont and Magic Hat, Long Trail, Otter Creek, etc. make some great beer and at Magic Hat you can go right into the factory and get gruellers of your favorites.

That said my current favorite is a Wheat Doppelbock called Aventinus by Schneider Brewery in Germany or the Weistephaner (oldest brewery in Germany) brews. These are like $3 - $4 a pint bottle though.

Canada has great beer the imported versions of Labatt's and Molson's are terrible, but go to Canada and have one and it's a different story. Brador Malt Liquor will get you snockered quick.

I have sucked it up at people's houses and sipped on a Bud or Coors just not to seem snooty, but yuck.

I have a cooler on wheels that I take to parties always full of good beer.

You are correct on the Aventinus it is amazing. How many of those can you drink? More than three? LOL....... They pack a punch.

A not very politically correct bar staffed by little people. You couldn't get away with that in the U.S.

Actually there is/was a place in the Chicago area that was like this. My cousins told me about it, they went a few times, but every time they invited me I was already going somewhere else.

James

Seti,

On the Aventinus I cannot imagine drinking more than 3, two usually does the trick for me since they are 16.9 ounces each and weigh in at 8.2% alcohol. But man cold in the frosty mug they go down soooo smooth. I have become a big fan of the Wiezen (wheat) beers since I was exposed to them the first day I arrived in Germany and plopped down at a table in the local markplatz and saw a guy order one.

I went up and asked for a grossa beir and they gave me a tall glass with the cloudy elixir with a lemon wedge dropped in it.

Paulaner Salvator's double bock will also go to your head quick. Drink too many and you'll see the smiling monk on the bottle at the end of your bed.

Tried some triple bock which I thought would be dark but was colored like a Lager at a local beer fest last year and loved it but can't find any anywhere. I think it was a brewer out of New Hampshire.

Seti,

On the Aventinus I cannot imagine drinking more than 3, two usually does the trick for me since they are 16.9 ounces each and weigh in at 8.2% alcohol. But man cold in the frosty mug they go down soooo smooth. I have become a big fan of the Wiezen (wheat) beers since I was exposed to them the first day I arrived in Germany and plopped down at a table in the local markplatz and saw a guy order one.

I went up and asked for a grossa beir and they gave me a tall glass with the cloudy elixir with a lemon wedge dropped in it.

Paulaner Salvator's double bock will also go to your head quick. Drink too many and you'll see the smiling monk on the bottle at the end of your bed.

Tried some triple bock which I thought would be dark but was colored like a Lager at a local beer fest last year and loved it but can't find any anywhere. I think it was a brewer out of New Hampshire.

Yup.

Their beer recipes are perfection. I do remember drinking three Aventinus but I do not recommend it unless it is over a looonnnnggg period of time. There is another beer called Maredsous that is pretty good but it is Belgian. I could drink any of those style beers regardless of who brewed them.

Why couldn't Americans have kept making beer in this fine tradition? If I had a time machine I'd go back and change American beer history :)

The free kind

Hands down; the best answer yet!!

I use to think so too, but my dads got free beer. He's got it in the cooler in the back of his truck, been there so long, you can't tell what kind it is, nor how many times it's been heated to 100+ before being iced down again. Never mind that fish smell, that's just from the bass, just wipe off the top of the can and get ready to enjoy some real skunk beer. Down right skunkiest beer south of Canada, and west of the Atlantic.

The free kind

Hands down; the best answer yet!!

I use to think so too, but my dads got free beer. He's got it in the cooler in the back of his truck, been there so long, you can't tell what kind it is, nor how many times it's been heated to 100+ before being iced down again. Never mind that fish smell, that's just from the bass, just wipe off the top of the can and get ready to enjoy some real skunk beer. Down right skunkiest beer south of Canada, and west of the Atlantic.

Dude that is funny!!!!