Klipsch crossovers

Bacek

4 hours ago, mustang_flht said:

Keep your old brown capacitors in a drawer so you can go back 😉

Type D.JPG

that looks exactly like a type e crossover -- except the polarity of the mid-horn doesn't appear inverted like in a type e.

Thank you, great to hear you have seen these before. I will check for other holes in the board and update.  The soldering and all aspects of the currently installed capacitors looks quite neat. I do count 3 holes more or less vertically aligned to the left of the current capacitors and 4 holes to the right of the capacitors, 3 in a triangular orientation and 1 off the bottom right corner of the triangle per two pictures below. I don't know if these line up to the PIO mounts or not.

IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0829.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/5/2022 at 2:28 PM, Patrick D HiFi said:

Thank you, great to hear you have seen these before. I will check for other holes in the board and update.  The soldering and all aspects of the currently installed capacitors looks quite neat. I do count 3 holes more or less vertically aligned to the left of the current capacitors and 4 holes to the right of the capacitors, 3 in a triangular orientation and 1 off the bottom right corner of the triangle per two pictures below. I don't know if these line up to the PIO mounts or not.

IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0829.jpg

Serious question... are the steel clamps a problem over the caps?

That particular cap is epoxy coated. The clamp is fine as long as the pressure isn’t ridiculous. 

I don’t use the mounts and zip ties on modern axial wound dry types anymore. I prefer a good adhesive. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/25/2022 at 10:12 AM, radiogram said:

Cornwall III Schematic

Cornwall-III-Xover.png

Are you sure it's Cornwall 3 not Heresy 3 (k28 seems to be 12'' woofer)? For now I have 3 different schematics and don't know which one is valid

• 3 weeks later...