TAX REMINDER -- April 15th is just around the corner.

Gilbert

Whatever you do.... don't pay with Monopoly money like an idjit aquaintance of mine did just for the hell of it (he had a real check attached...). They have 0% (or actually a minus level) sense of humor.... Mr. Idjit got into big time trouble for that.... They audited him for several years, even though he filed the short form... just to screw with him and make him drive to the IRS building......

and make him drive to the IRS building......

Heh... that reminds me of my story.

Back in 1988/90 (I forget when) I got hit up with a bill due. During the process of contesting it, a meeting was setup for me to go downtown. Upon walking in I said in about 15 seconds "here's the facts, I did this & this & this.... now.... does that mean I'm screwed and owe this penalty or indeed, was I right in what I did" (or some paraphrase of that)

She sat back and said "ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, we don't want anyone to feel as though they're getting screwed by the IRS.... let's go through this"

It took her about two hours to go through everything (which in my mind could have been done in 40 seconds). At the end of it she said "yep... it looks like you don't have any way around this penalty and indeed, it's something you need to pay"

Being a bit frustrated that it took her 2 hours to come to the conclusion that I tried to make crystal clear to her when I first walked in, I repeated my question "so I'm screwed and owe this penalty"

"yes, I'm afraid you do"

Thanks... and I walked out.

Upon getting out to my car (1-hour parking meter in front of their building) I had a $30 parking violation ticket

I was less ticked off at owing them the money (after all, if I'm in the wrong, I'm in the wrong) than I was her dickering around, trying to be politically correct with my attitude, taking 2 hours... and then costing me a stupid parking ticket to add insult to my injury.

Back in 1988/90 (I forget when) I got hit up with a bill due. During the process of contesting it, a meeting was setup for me to go downtown. Upon walking in I said in about 15 seconds "here's the facts, I did this & this & this.... now.... does that mean I'm screwed and owe this penalty or indeed, was I right in what I did" (or some paraphrase of that)

She sat back and said "ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, we don't want anyone to feel as though they're getting screwed by the IRS.... let's go through this"

It took her about two hours to go through everything (which in my mind could have been done in 40 seconds). At the end of it she said "yep... it looks like you don't have any way around this penalty and indeed, it's something you need to pay"

Being a bit frustrated that it took her 2 hours to come to the conclusion that I tried to make crystal clear to her when I first walked in, I repeated my question "so I'm screwed and owe this penalty"

"yes, I'm afraid you do"

Upon getting out to my car (1-hour parking meter in front of their building) I had a $30 parking violation ticket

I was less ticked off at owing them the money (after all, if I'm in the wrong, I'm in the wrong) than I was her dickering around, trying to be politically correct with my attitude, taking 2 hours... and then costing me a stupid parking ticket to add insult to my injury.

Given your story, how well do you think government run heathcare will go?

You haven't started to write a manifesto have you?

jacksonbart wrote:

Given your story, how well do you think government run heathcare will go?

You haven't started to write a manifesto have you?

Now you did it!!!! I bet this thread will be closed in 6 post or less. Didn't you see that mndeen is back.

I'll just set back and watch.

I agree,no offense Gil but this whole 15th thing sucks for many,although it's a wonderful time of the year for others.

For those that benefit it is a nice time of year . For the rest of us it's a nasty deadline . I almost want to liken it to a death march but it's not quite that bad .

I agree,no offense Gil but this whole 15th thing sucks for many,although it's a wonderful time of the year for others.

For those that benefit it is a nice time of year . For the rest of us it's a nasty deadline . I almost want to liken it to a death march but it's not quite that bad .

You guys don't know how to spread the joy out all year.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040es.pdf

April, June, September and January are all fun months.

"yes, I'm afraid you do"

I would have gone balistic, and looked for some asss chew on, and it probably would have been her's. But before going down there, I would have had my accountant double check first.