Which bands make you hurl and why?

oldmako

OK. I'm a bit of a reprobate, slightly under the influence and I like to stir the pot. So far we have threads for what we're listening to and another with interesting and / or cool band names.

I challenge you to name a band or bands (or songs) that just make you retch. Songs that make you get up and RUN to change the station if you were listening to the radio. I fully understand that this topic may breed bad blood as toes are stomped upon. Too bad, suck it up buttercup! If it's done with some degree of diplomacy we can all vent and have some fun at the same time. No holds barred. Let em rip.

My list is long and varied but I'll toss out a few just to stoke the flames of animosity and aggitate my bile.

--------------

Smashing Pumkins. The dude doesn't do nasal well.

Journey. Too much of an ordinary thing has fried my brain. They were all over the radio in the 80s. I'm sorry, they weren't that good.

Rush. Geddy Lees shreiking is too much. Guess I didn't take enough acid.

Neil Sadaka. Just shoot me won't ya? This one was a reach, but still gives me dry heaves from my yout.

Pretty much anything HipHop or cRap

Michael Buble. Lets just trash all the old standards shall we?

Cranberries. Just shoot her will ya?

That chick from Canada. Not the hot one, but the other one. Although the hot ones music has taken a major turn for the worse. (Mo' worser) Perhaps she's on your list?

I hope that I have offended some of you enough to post in rebuttal or add your own. This could get interesting. I think I'll refresh my cocktail.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK. I'm a bit of a reprobate, slightly under the influence and I like to stir the pot. So far we have threads for what we're listening to and another with interesting and / or cool band names.

I challenge you to name a band or bands (or songs) that just make you retch. Songs that make you get up and RUN to change the station if you were listening to the radio. I fully understand that this topic may breed bad blood as toes are stomped upon. Too bad, suck it up buttercup! If it's done with some degree of diplomacy we can all vent and have some fun at the same time. No holds barred. Let em rip.

My list is long and varied but I'll toss out a few just to stoke the flames of animosity and aggitate my bile.

--------------

Smashing Pumkins. The dude doesn't do nasal well.

Journey. Too much of an ordinary thing has fried my brain. They were all over the radio in the 80s. I'm sorry, they weren't that good.

Rush. Geddy Lees shreiking is too much. Guess I didn't take enough acid.

Neil Sadaka. Just shoot me won't ya? This one was a reach, but still gives me dry heaves from my yout.

Pretty much anything HipHop or cRap

Michael Buble. Lets just trash all the old standards shall we?

Cranberries. Just shoot her will ya?

That chick from Canada. Not the hot one, but the other one. Although the hot ones music has taken a major turn for the worse. (Mo' worser) Perhaps she's on your list?

I hope that I have offended some of you enough to post in rebuttal or add your own. This could get interesting. I think I'll refresh my cocktail.

Golly it is such a long list. If I turn on the radio it is bad. Everything sounds the same and terrible.

I'm with you on Rush and Journey but I think that genre has so much that makes me ill. You were too kind to Journey [N] Chicago, Styx, Eagles, and Boston just kill me bore me. [N] Hotel California makes me barf within three bars. I'm just not into whatever music that is at all.

Among my friends I get into trouble for saying that Kraftwerk is terrible. I like the idea of the band and when they did whatever it is they did but they seem like a joke band that went on too long. I like electronic experimental music but they are just not something I can get into or listen to. Perhaps they are a band I'll appreciate more later on in life.

ABBA. Perhaps you have to indulge in massive quantities of drugs of the age to understand ABBA. Their music makes me feel funny and not in a good way. I think it is my ear trying to crawl out of my skull.

Does this make the music bad just because we don't like it? No I don't think so. Our brains are just rejecting their programming and sound. It is good to become familar with all forms of music even if you don't like it for frame of reference. That doesn't mean I am going to digest huge amounts of prog rock [:P]

Janes Addiction:
- *** buddy, get your balls outta the vise. Better yet, leave them in there. Anything to keep ya away from the microphone Ick!

Yup. Agreed.

Dylan. I like a couple of his songs and admire his writting but that voice uggg.

Anything by "Fairy" Manilow!

Anything by the little faggots Boy George or Marilyn Manson

Anything by WHAM, makes we want to wham my fist into the mouth of the one who is playing it.

I have always disliked Queen, but another one bites the dust or bycicle, make me violently want to fight someone.

Roger [N]

Anything by WHAM, makes we want to wham my fist into the mouth of the one who is playing it.

I have always disliked Queen, but another one bites the dust or bycicle, make me violently want to fight someone.

Roger No

Is it the music, or do you just want to beat up homosexuals?

Roger No

Beat me to it Fini [^o)]

Roger No

Fini,

I and a group od friends, used to beat up homosexuals for fun arround 25 years ago on a regular basis. When my uncle, father of three was murdered, and it turned out he was a closet bi-sexual, I had to re-evaluate my homo-phobia and I could not judge my uncle. I still do not agree with homo sexuality, but do not find myself a homophobe or wanting to go out and hurt anyone any more. I do however hate the music listed, and it can have a very negative impact on my nice guy immage.. [;)]

When I get in that kind of a mood, the recipient of my attitude does not have to be gay either...

Roger

Back to the heinous tuneage....

Al Stewart. "Time Paaaaaaaassssssages......"

Rod Stewart. Great when he was with the Faces, but everything past about 1995 pretty much stinks. His covers are the worst.

Acid Head Banger bands covered in tats who scream at the top of their lungs. No one can understand a single lyric. At least no one my age.

Most of the soundtrack from Top Gun. Especially "Take my Breath Away". Simply horrible. Take my breath away indeed, just suffocate me with a pillow.

:)

Back to the heinous tuneage....

Al Stewart. "Time Paaaaaaaassssssages......"

Rod Stewart. Great when he was with the Faces, but everything past about 1995 pretty much stinks. His covers are the worst.

Acid Head Banger bands covered in tats who scream at the top of their lungs. No one can understand a single lyric. At least no one my age.

Most of the soundtrack from Top Gun. Especially "Take my Breath Away". Simply horrible. Take my breath away indeed, just suffocate me with a pillow.

:)

A friend tried to tell me Rod Stewart was good once during the Jeff Beck Group and Faces. I haven't heard any of that music so maybe he was but he drives me nuts. Reminds me of ladies throwing panties. Ladies aren't throwing panties at me so he must be doing something right.

Collecting records you go through thousands of records but people that annoy you. For instance if I see one more copy South Pacific I'll freak out. If I had a dollar for every Danah Shore or Frank Sinatra record I would be a multi millionaire. The crooners make me crazy Dean Martin and Sinatra are just terrible.

There is one song that gets me running to the "off switch"....."Yellow Submarine" by the Beatles. I always figure that song was an experiment by Lennon and Mcartney to see just what the public would put up with, and just to rub it in..... they would let Ringo sing. Funny thing is I am a big fan, but I cannot listen to this.