I HATE PUNKS

BigStewMan

so i go out to my truck this morning and it was ransacked during the night. 99.9 percent of the time I remember to lock it; but, yesterday was very stressful at work, and i must have forgotten. they pulled out everything from behind the seats, emptied the glovebox, etc...just made a complete mess. however, i had my klipsch igroove and ipod right on the seat, with power converter, earphones, phone charger all sitting on the seat--they didn't take any of it, didn't take the installed stereo either-- not sure if something scared them away or they were just punks.

I had some punks break into my Saab one time.

They smashed a rear wing window, the smallest window on the vehicle, it's curved so it is stronger than a flat window.

The used an 8lb paver, smashed in the window, the chrome trim, and dented the body too.

Then they ripped the (mono) radio out of the console, pushed in the face-plate, and then just left it on the seat.

To add insult to injury, the vehicle was not locked!

Most urban dwellers will tell you not to leave anything in plain sight, not even "junk", in a car parked on the street, locked or not. Addicts will break windows to take something worth a few bucks, not having the tools or time to rip out a stereo. That's what has happened a lot in New Orleans, it's not "kids", it's dope addicts looking for money for more dope.

so i go out to my truck this morning and it was ransacked during the night. 99.9 percent of the time I remember to lock it; but, yesterday was very stressful at work, and i must have forgotten. they pulled out everything from behind the seats, emptied the glovebox, etc...just made a complete mess. however, i had my klipsch igroove and ipod right on the seat, with power converter, earphones, phone charger all sitting on the seat--they didn't take any of it, didn't take the installed stereo either-- not sure if something scared them away or they were just punks.

Similar thing happened to me during the NHL playoffs this year. amp was ripped out of the trunk, left on the seat, trim broken around the head unit, remote for the in trunk cd changer ripped from the wires.face off head unit left on seat. Spare change taken, the back seat ripped forward until they discovered the ski access. All four doors left ajar, which ran down the battery. I must have scared them off either by yelling at an official or starting to walk out the door for some night air but i never saw them. I never used to worry about locking doors in our quiet neighborhood.

Maybe our society's rules on physical reprimands has a lot to do with it. Lack of discipline=Lack of respect?

Nope...Something tells me the "punks" breaking into cars live pretty painful lives and discipline was used regularly, and in other situations kids learned from the parents how to be "irresponsible." Then again, there are good parent's out there whose kids aren't breaking into cars and/or graduating from college and using their skills to figure out ponzi schemes on Wall Street. {Edit: I mostly blame these punkish activities on the punks themselves. }

...I blame todays parenting to tell you the truth, or the lack thereof.

Maybe, but every generation has their share of bad and good parents including your own.

True...Thus my disclaimer.

I was a bit of a punk as a child...but never a bully or a thief.

i do like the Tubes and they sang of White Punks on Dope.

There's a classic tune, and classic stage show to go with it! [Y][H][Y]

It's one of the few great tunes you can recognize from the first four notes: "Ba-Dom Ba-Dom". The other two I know of are Beethoven's Fifth Symphony and the theme from Dragnet.

The Tubes also sang I Was a Punk Before You Were a Punk: http://www.thetubes.com/lyrics/iwapbywap.htm

Here's a Youtube clip of them playing it:

A lock may not keep out a determined thief, but how many of them are determined? Most thieves are lazy and always looking for the easy score, so a troublesome-looking lock may be enough to cause them to look for something less challenging.

One of the guys in my Fiero club had someone try to break into his Fiero GT by busting out the sail panel window just behind the driver's window.

A picture may give you an idea why this didn't work too well.

Posted Image

The window doesn't go to the interior of the car. [*-)]

Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid.