RF-7II Owners Thread

BluBitRates

Hi all, looking at buying a set of RF-7IIs for my home cinema, the cinema will be mainly blacked out but want to choose some rugs to compliment the colours in the drivers and the wood veneer(I'm not going for black as I want the speakers to stand out!)

I have found a smashing site :www.Rugcenter.co.uk with some nice looking rugs, if any one has some time, can someone have a nose for me and suggest what rug colours would go well?

I'm thinking gold, copper or maybe bronze?

Cheers!

Steve

Hmmm...This is a personal and touchy preference!

You could go with a plain, probably dark color as a contrast and not so busy or attractive rug to stand out every details of the speaker cabinet and the drivers so that one would look more at speakers and their drivers. You want their eyes off everything else but the speakers! You don't want very expensive looking rug (while it could be expensive in reality) so that people get distracted looking at the rug and never could take their eyes off!!!

If you are married, planning to be married, have a GF then ask the significant half life partner, as you might not ever get your speakers! kidding...

In any case, congratulations in advance for your home theater!

Hi all, looking at buying a set of RF-7IIs for my home cinema, the cinema will be mainly blacked out but want to choose some rugs to compliment the colours in the drivers and the wood veneer(I'm not going for black as I want the speakers to stand out!)

Good choice and welcome to the forum! As far as area rugs go, that is definately going to be more of a personal choice.

I'm a sales rep for Shaw Industries and can suggest looking at our website for thousands of selections. We also have software that you can utilize and upload a picture of your actual room and "try on" different selections. We do sell to dealers only but you can search for a retailer in your area as we are a world wide company.

Good luck!

Thanks fo rthe advice guys. I have knocked up some cardboard RF-7 IIs...they are giants arnt they!;-0 I can pull mine about 12" from the side and rear walls, maybe a little more fomr the rear wall if i push my seats back a few inches.

Can i ask you guys how far your ears are from your RF-7IIs? Also, how far from the wall you have yours sat?

cheers

steve

If you are married, planning to be married, have a GF then ask the significant half life partner, as you might not ever get your speakers! kidding...

No! If you are NOT already married, get the biggest speakers you'll want now while you still can!

I bought La Scala when I was 17, and they stayed at my parents when I moved away for school. They didn't come back to me as living room speakers (didn't pass WAF) but did for the basement room. I don't think I could even have managed that if I didn't already own them! [;)]

Exciting day for me, I am happy to be joining this group as an rf 7II owner! I don't post often at all, but I read these forums a LOT! Thank you all for the knowledge you share, I've learned a lot from you all! I placed an order at my local dealer today for the 7's the RC 64 and RS 62II's. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll be able to post some pics too! I posted a sub question in the sub forum so any input there is appreciated. Debating on the sw 310 vs the sw 112. Thanks again for sharing your pics and insight!

Thank you so much! Right now $800-$1000 that's why I considered these two subs since I had the rw10d already it might be a decent complement. I like the 10 I have but I know there's better out there and I can upgrade down the line. I am ordering the emotiva xpa 5 also and a elite vsx 53. So the initial outlay is a little *cough* but I think I'll be very happy with it! Thanks for your feedback!

Yesterday pulled the trigger on the rf-7ii, rc64 and rs62ii 5.1 set. The wait begins!! I went with black and used Mike over at acousticsounddesign.com.

Awesome! Good luck during your wait. Post some pictures when you get them up and running.

Welcome to the forum!!

I didn't know where else to post this question so I came here. Somewhere in the 992 replies to date, the answer may lie, but I'm asking again. I ordered my Rf 7ii's last week after quite a deal of homework. I was comparing them to the Polk LsiM series, but I am primarily using this for HT and I just like Klipsch. My question is why are there no professional reviews for the Rf 7ii's? Am I missing them? Is Klipsch a "red headed stepchild" in the audio kingdom? Sound and Vision just did a write up on the Polks this month. But I can't find a write up on the 7's ouside of user reviews.

I'm more curious than anything, I have been able to listen to the Rf 7's and I'm very excited and confident with my decision! Thanks!

Hi akdave!

Yes! The only Professional Review I've seen so far was in a German Audio magazine. A very nice review praising the capabilities of RF-7 IIs. However, haven't seen any other professional review...

In a way it doesn't matter as Klipsch is NOT a new name in Speaker Industry! I have auditioned B&Ws, Martin Logan, Polk, JBL, Yamaha, Sony, Jamo, Mirage, all Klipsches except their Heritage series, Paradigm, and so on... However, IMO there are no other speakers have such a high sensitivity, efficiency, dynamic range and pristine as Klipsch RF-7 IIs.

Since we have got the first pair haven't used in-built speakers of TV. Between RF-7 IIs and RC-64 II the HT shines and works pretty good for stereo too. We've no complains what so ever and I'm quite sure you would enjoy them as well for years - as long as you like "Horn" - although RF-7 IIs are quite sweet and it seems Klipsch has taken care of some of the -ve "fatiguing" comments through the crossover and speaker - they are not at all fatiguing and we use them for hours...

There are so many Klischers here on the forum who have bought Klipsch RF-7 IIs as well as RC 64 II and I've yet to see ONE negative comment or short coming - what more I can say!

That said, even if there were professional reviews, they would have the best set up (audio gear and room treatment) and in that case you would wonder if these speakers would sound good in your home / room or not! At the end of the day, if speakers that can deliver in so many different types of arrangement and rooms in the real world, that says it all!

While I did go through same for few months (before and after the purchase) as I didn't see any reviews here in USA., but don't think about it and just enjoy them...Believe me, it's worth waiting for - While, it's finally a personal preference, I hope you will fall in love just like all of us over here!!!

Enjoy!

KG 5.5's vs RF 7II's ??

Hello everyone, I wasnt sure where to post this so I thought I would start in the RF 7II's section as thats what I have been trying to deceide. I am curious to see if anyone has upgraded from the KG 5.5's to the RF 7II's and noticed a HUGE differnace is all? I can only assume thier would be some advatage but for $3k had to say??

"In a nut shell" heres my situation ;). I bought a pair of KG5.5's last year for $200 and then upgraded the tweeters & X-overs using Bob Crites kits. I love the KG's as they sound great to me, its just in the back of my mind for some reason I think the RF 7II's would be even twice the performance I have, in the back of my mind that is ;). No one around my area carries the RF 7II's so I dont have a chance to listen for myself.

I still have to do a little work to the KG's as I noticed there was no bracing and just some slight foam so I plan on redoing that this summer, I'm not sure how much that will help out persay but it cant hurt. I did notice a slight differance in sound (more with the midrange thou) when I installed the Bob Crites upgrade but nothing like some have posted to where it was almost night & day, never the less I believe it was well worth the $300 as it sounds great to me.

I use them more for HT than music, about 75% to 25% I say. I do however likethat the KG's are front ported to where the RF's are rear but thats not a big deal. Anyhow, sorry for the post as I am just trying to deceide on a future purchace is all to rather or not its worth the extra cash to upgrade.

Thanks! Jeff

• Moderators

Hi Jeff, I have not heard either KG 5.5 nor RF-7II's but wanted to throw this out there as well, have you considered the original RF-7's? You would reduce the $3k down to around $1k and I have never heard anyone say the new 7's sound 3x better than the originals. Just something to consider.