Elly May Clampett

That's right Elly May, the buxom tomboy siren from the The Beverly Hillbilly's. Donna Douglas, AKA Elly May Clampett is suing Mattel over their 2010 Barbie Doll rendition of her iconic hillbilly persona. Apparently Mattel forgot to ask if they could use her name, etc. As horrible as that is, there is something even worse woven into this story. Elly May is now 77 years old, borned in '33! Mattel may have thunk she was dead or senile. Gosh, doesn't that make you feel ancient?

I had no idea Elly was near 30 when she started that show. Held up pretty good all along, it looks like. I've met Buddy Ebsen about 3 times. He was a tad arrogant. Saw Irene Ryan driving her Cadillac once. She was dwarfed by that steering wheel and had to have had boosters on the peddles. Liked Petticoat Junction and Green Acres as well. Eddie Albert's kid went to my school (Palisades HS). You could say he was spoiled. TeeVee sure has changed.