Snack Sleepers to go with your Movie Sleepers?

So's yah done settled in the comfy chair; gonna' watch your favorite "sleeper", and you have the hunger pangs! What to do, without massive cooking, grills, and all the other stuff that requires more work than oughta' be legal....

Easy Day!! [Y]

Get some "cracked pepper triscuits", some black olives (large ones), parmesan cheese and some 'maters. slice the 'maters to fit, add an olive, small sprinkle of parmesan. Sit back and enjoy!

[H]

The "Death Snack Dragon Dip".......

• Cup of dry roasted peanuts
  • 1/2 cup of plain yogurt
  • 1/2 cup of plain sour cream
  • 1/2 cup of plain cream cheese or ariago cheese
  • 3 tablespoons of garlic powder
  • 3 tablespoons of onion powder or flakes
  • 3 tablespoons of crunchy peanut butter
  • 3 tablespoons of your favorite hot sauce
  • 3 jalapenos finely chopped...... (Optional)
  • Some fresh spinach finely chopped, say about 1/2 cup when chopped
  • 1 six ounce jar of artichoke hearts (drain the oil off...)
  • 4 tablespoons of EVO
  • 1 tablespoon of peppercorns (do not grind them... adds texture and crunchyness...)
  • 1 tablespoon of dill weed
  • 1 tablespoon of mustard seed
  • 1 tablespoon of dried basil
  • 1 tablespoon of dried oregeno
  • 1 teaspoon of dried marjoram
  • 1 ounce of dry cooking sherry

Mix it all together; use a blender if you have one.....

Taste and add just enough salt to change the flavor to your palate (usually about a teaspoon)

Refrigerate for at least an hour or three....

Grab your favorite chips (not corn, tortilla types); Add more hot peppers, hot sauce, etc to taste.... I recommend "triscuit" type crackers

If... you wanna' go the Mexican angle, such as corn chips, tostitos, etc, add about 4 tablespoons of cumin or "Badia" taco/ fajita seasoning to the mix, blend again....

You can also use it mixed with lettuce and tomatoes rolled in burrito breads. Smother with parmesan and mozzarella, nuke'm, and sit back and enjoy!!!

Have fun !

[H]

I will have to try your first recipe. The cracked pepper/olive oil crackers are the best cracker I have ever tasted, rich in olive oil and cracked pepper. Great with cheese.

Ah yes, me too. Going to the grocery store shortly, got a couple things extra on the list.

As interesting as the 2nd snack sleeper sounds, it's just too much work for me, but if I can talk the wife into making me a little snack, well, hmmm. I hate the kitchen, but I love to eat.

Quick stovetop popcorn for me. A whole batch in less than a tv commercial break. Microwave stuff is too salty/fake tasting and takes longer.

jiffy pop is as much fun to make as it is to eat.

I prefer my popcorn cooked in bacon fat, lots of bacon fat. It's "halal", you know.

Sometimes just grabbing a bag of baby-cut carrots and a tub of ranch veggie dip will do it for me when it comes to snacks.

Or getting a nice big cold slab of watermelon out of the fridge, but would rather eat that outside on the deck instead of in front of the TV, though.

I've even just gotten a box of triscuits and some cheese spread on occasion and sit back and enjoy.

• Moderators

Get some "cracked pepper triscuits", some black olives (large ones), parmesan cheese and some 'maters. slice the 'maters to fit, add an olive, small sprinkle of parmesan. Sit back and enjoy!

Cool

That does sound good. [:P]

• Moderators

I basically eat anything my hands will reach too and my feet can motor too.

JJK

THAT'S ME..........until I got to #285 4 weeks ago, [:o] had to change, really had no choice.

I do feel a little better already. [Y]

• Moderators

Quick stovetop popcorn for me. A whole batch in less than a tv commercial break. Microwave stuff is too salty/fake tasting and takes longer.

I do the same now. A little olive oil and Orville Redenbacher on the stove. With sea salt. Yum.