Happy Thanksgiving

CIGARBUM

I am certain that I will "over indulge" at the Thanksgiving table, again, this year. I am also certain that you will not find me out shopping tonight with all of the other early bird shoppers.... lol...

Happy Thanksgiving to the group.... Boxx

Hope everyone has a very nice day, remember, don't eat too much.

Cigarbum

I believe that we have a lot of folks on the forum that don't celebrate this tradition. Here is a link for those folks.

Happy Thanksgiving!

pilgrims_4_text.gif

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Didn't overdue it too bad. About to try Alea's organic pumpkin pie. Her organic apple pie was really good. As was everything else.

The Black Friday madness has started at the local WalMart (10:00 PM). We arrived around 8:15 to 8:30 and got some cool whip for the aforementioned pumpkin pie. And some underwear. And an energy drink for Alea earlier to ward off her migraine. Works better than most if not all of the pretty potent meds she's tried. And the side effects aren't so bad.

Started getting busy at 9 PM and we left shortly after 9. I had to ask the cashier if the "safety zone" was where they drug the passed out or injured people to until the paramedics couls arrive. She said it was and that it was worse this year than last year when an old lady in that store was trampled and her arm broken.... for a $9 item.

Be safe if you join the madness.

Thoughts and prayers that nobody gets killed or seriously injured this year during the Black Friday madness.

• 11 months later...

I went down to Prescott, AR to have turkey dinner wth my best friend, Mike and his wife, Mindy. Mike and I discussed some of the finer points of the Jubilee build. He worked closely with PWK and Roy Delgado during the Jubilee R&D phases and built the first complete versions. It was a good afternoon/evening.

-Andy

Resurrecting this thread from last year. I've had a good, albeight a bit laid back, Thanksgiving this year. Last year, I was up in PA visiting my younger brother. I was offered and asked to come out to Indy this year by my older brother and his wife. I actually wanted to go, especially as my parents were going to be out there as well, plus wanted to see my little niece and nephew. However, I just was not prepared, nor willing to make that 11 hour drive out there (and then 11 hours back on Saturday). Not only that, but flights were going for $400 and up over this weekend. So, instead, went and visited one of my friends plus wanted to check out his new place. Really nice house - much larger than what he and his wife had before (but that house was paid off). Did the usual turkey dinner and watching football thing.

And speaking of the Black Friday, on the way back (and this was around 8:45 or so this evening), since I live right here in the middle of the major commerical/shopping district, I just had to take a quick cruise around the neigbhorhood and check out what was going on with the stores. The Walmart parking lot was completely packed. There was a HUGE line in front of the Best Buy, as well as the Toys-R-Us and Target. In fact, I also saw a police car there at Target. I am guessing the police are going to be on hand to ensure things don't get out of control. Now (at 11:20 or so at the time of this writing), I could only imagine those lines only got much longer. The shopping mall, which is just across the highway from my place, had a huge amount of traffic going in (I did not actually drive up through the parking lot myself to see). It is supposed to open at midnight as well. There were also lines (although much smaller) in front of Kohl's and Old Navy. I remember used to get to do the Black Friday thing when I was a kid (and people complained about how crazy even THAT was - that is TAME compared to what we got now), but now - no thanks. I am quite content to stay right here in my comfortable little abode and listen to some tunes before the night is out. I'll leave the crazies to deal with the crazyness at the shopping centers. There is nothing that I really needed or wanted that desperatly anyway.