Other vintage speakers you like?

Klipschtastic

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The question would be....as always...........do you want the best........or just, something different........from whench did you come?........and where do you want to be be? There are relatively simple answers to all based upon your questions.

crd please enlighten us you are on a roll, AND YOU DEFINITELY ASK THE most interesting ?'s

Well, really, how to do you know until you are there???? I truly always try to ask the best questions to beat through the 'crud'...........as we all know, you could have a zillion dollars to spend and still not get what you are looking for, because No One is willing to ask the appropriate questions. And, that, is as always the ONLY thing to do in any game. You only get what ASK FOR, in any area of life.....and we all know that.........but we all have to do the work with the questions......

In a simple word..........the same as everyone...........dynamics..............imaging..................et al,,........in a my own word's .....Sumptiousness...............but how the hell do I know I am there???.....I am telling myself that imgaing is missing. I understand that I am unwilling to go to Vinyl, which would give my the ambient ques..........is my only quest si to find that.. I love what PWK did.......but what have you found that is better? That is all I am asking.......but what have you found that is better?????

What are they..........I went to you the page............so much nothing. I always lead anyone straight........it is not about just leading, it would about being leading someone straight to the source. I am a very nice guy.......but yeah........to the source ...........thanks, Dale.

What are they..........I went to you the page............so much nothing. I always lead anyone straight........it is not about just leading, it would about being leading someone straight to the source. I am a very nice guy.......but yeah........to the source ...........thanks, Dale.

http://www.danleysoundlabs.com/pdf/SH%2096%20spec%20sheet.pdf

and

http://www.danleysoundlabs.com/pdf/danley_tapped.pdf

All the information an engineer needs to determine the charactersitics of the design is contained in those two papers. Beyond that requires listening to them in-person.

See "Frazier Users Group, AKA FUG." PWK told me face to face that Jack Frazier was the only other designer he fully respected. PWK had Frazier speakers in the Hope facility and it's my personal belief he developed the Heresy as a direct response to the Frazier Mark IV.

Dave

See "Frazier Users Group, AKA FUG." PWK told me face to face that Jack Frazier was the only other designer he fully respected. PWK had Frazier speakers in the Hope facility and it's my personal belief he developed the Heresy as a direct response to the Frazier Mark IV.

Dave

I agree. I bought a pair of small Frazier's last month and was amazed at how well they sounded. Same finish and grille color (walnut and cane) as my Heresy's. I thought they would make very nice surrounds to my Heresy's if I ever wanted to go that route. They sound like little Klipsch speakers, IMO. Some of the Fraziers are ugly, and some are works of art.

I've got a nice pair of AR-11that I inherited from my folks. The sound is very nice and the bass quite good, but maybe I just like them because I grew up with them. I know I would love a pair of Altec Model 18s, even though I have never heard them or even seen a pair in person. Maybe Santa will bring me pair? [A]

There a number of vintage speakers that I have owned and enjoyed. Which ones I liked best is hard to judge as they are all system dependent. The ones that I have personally owned that I liked very much are

Warfedale W70

Dynaco A25

Advents

KLH

JBL L100's

Rectilinear 5's

AR3's

...maybe I just like them because I grew up with them.

That question gets me as well with a pair of AR-3s my parents still have. They're better with voices than a Klipsch RF-3 (the other set at my parents). But brassy horns and treble is better on the RF-3s. Too many speakers and I love it.