Fine Food and Music

Boxx

Good looking Muffy Eldon :) So after a 3 hour and extremely hot bike ride with our boys this past Saturday Mama says I want some nice cooling summer fresh salads so of to the farmers market I went and came up with a corn/cucumber and black bean salad and decided I wanted something a little different so I made up a nice Avacado tomato salad as well :P

post-16574-0-88000000-1405454052_thumb.j

• Like 1

• Moderators
Because i'm a peace loving guy, I would give it a try sans the Ketchup.

:o I can not believe you said that, I need to bookmark this spot, it a rare occasion, I feel special .

There are so many flavors out there to try that don't include ketchup, slowly put your hands up and step away from the ketchup, :unsure2: Ok I know I pressing my luck now but I think you have it backwards, you add ketchup if it doesn't taste very good ? Who am I fooling, I know it's not you, go ahead whatever way you like it is best for you. Poor taste buds :(:P

ketchup is the highest compliment

To a French fry maby........................with a little horseradish and or hot sauce, even better skip the fry and add a cold oyster......mmm now that's a good place for ketchup.

One of the grandkids loves ketchup like you, he even has a shirt that says "I put ketchup on my ketchup" and he wears it all the time.

• Moderators
I made up a nice Avacado tomato salad as well

I love Avocados any way there fixed, or just plain, and of course tomatoes. :emotion-21:

Very nice, I know your quite the baker also, your just full of hidden talents.

Good looking Muffy Eldon :) So after a 3 hour and extremely hot bike ride with our boys this past Saturday Mama says I want some nice cooling summer fresh salads so of to the farmers market I went and came up with a corn/cucumber and black bean salad and decided I wanted something a little different so I made up a nice Avacado tomato salad as well :P

This salad looks good... :emotion-21:

Ran out of On The Border chips in less than 30 minutes and had to hit Kroger under emergency conditions :o

Speaking of baking! Had a little get together the other night and whipped up these little tasty treats and they went fast :)

Filo pockets filled with goodness ;)

Savory: Spinich and Pinenuts in a garlic lemon sauce topped with Feta

Sweet: Mashed Sweet Taters (butter/brown suger/Cinnamon w/toasted PEE-CANS) and a big fat marshmellow. Word up, make a double batch :blink:

post-16574-0-99840000-1405523437_thumb.j

• Like 1

Ran out of On The Border chips in less than 30 minutes and had to hit Kroger under emergency conditions :o

Speaking of baking! Had a little get together the other night and whipped up these little tasty treats and they went fast :)

Filo pockets filled with goodness ;)

Savory: Spinich and Pinenuts in a garlic lemon sauce topped with Feta

Sweet: Mashed Sweet Taters (butter/brown suger/Cinnamon w/toasted PEE-CANS) and a big fat marshmellow. Word up, make a double batch :blink:

Looks outstanding.... I love almost anything with feta...

• Like 1

Hello gang!

Just ran through your latest banter and photo foodie offerings (0:

The salads look light and refreshing = summery !

The pockets look savory for sure...... Boxx, I know you are a real 'Cheese Head' who happens to love great vino too (((0;

I'll get more dinner photos for you all soon........ Stand by for that... Thanks DTel for the compliments, always appreciate it when the photos and captions are studied a bit so the 'nuances' are caught and enjoyed........more or less (0;

..........Gary

Those peppers would be good on the smoker!

On the Feta: We went to a restaurant where they served these square cubs on our salads. Turned out they were fried Feta. Now you talk about something good!

I have never tried peppers on the smoker... However, I have taken blocks of cheddar cheese and put them in my smoker for a great smoked cheese.

You do have to be careful.... The cheese will become a mess if left in the smoker too long.....

Edited by Boxx
  • Like 1

• Moderators
always appreciate it when the photos and captions are studied a bit so the 'nuances' are caught and enjoyed........more or less (0;

They are appreciated, and yes also noticed the change in napkin folding, not sure but I think your back to your original design ?

• Like 1

Nice looking peppers there Boxx , how did the pizza turn out? A photo to share perhaps?

Dtel, the napkins are occasionally 'fooled with' and it's interesting to see what results one can come with, so yes, they are changed up a bit now and then (0: thanks for noticing.....

• Like 1

how did the pizza turn out? A photo to share perhaps?

The pizza was great, but no photo's... Next time around.... more peppers are ready to be harvested.

The hot item that I have going right now is my fig tree.... I have hundreds of ripe/near ripe figs ready for the kitchen... I'll post some photo's later....

Edited by Boxx