LSD as a treatment

dtel

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

But I don't think it works as preventive medicine. Indifferent

Ever heard of Cluster Headaches? Some people take Mushrooms to prevent them.

Never heard of that, but if it works I wouldn't blame them. I wouldn't pick them myself it's a little dangerous if you don't know what your doing.

Some people take Mushrooms to prevent them

but they CAUSE them...at least in my case. ate them plenty of times; but this one time, i got a bad upset stomach. told my buddies that i was staying home, so they went out. I laid down on the couch. The tv was on, and i fell asleep. I woke up a while later and looked at the tv and some sports show was replaying parts of a World Series game. I freaked out. I started pacing my living room saying "the world series is in october. I've been asleep four months. what do i do?" Just then I noticed the phone off the receiver. I put it back on, before i took my hand away--it rang. My roommates mother telling me that her husband was bringing us a refrigerator. As she spoke those words, he drove up in the driveway. Too much--all at the same time. I freaked out a little.

Just then I noticed the phone off the receiver. I put it back on, before i took my hand away--it rang. My roommates mother telling me that her husband was bringing us a refrigerator. As she spoke those words, he drove up in the driveway. Too much--all at the same time. I freaked out a little.

Safe to say he encountered a BigStewedMan ?

Not too long ago I saw a documentary that described the salutory effects of LSD, and several other psychoactives, on terminal patients who had never used drugs.

Some became absolutely calm and accepting and, if the doc makers can be believed, all came out with a better attitude. Seems that, at least to terminal patients, the sense of "there is more out there" that many users have described becomes very real and satisfying.

Dave

There are things that we learned when we were young that we never thought would be of any use, and then as we get older we find out that we can adapt things.

For example, I like regular bran flakes, but for some reason Raisin Bran is much cheaper. So every morining before breakfast I pour a pile of Raisin Bran on an album cover, spread it out on one side of the cover, and then take a business card and use it to move all of the raisins to the other side of the cover. When I am done, I have a pile of raisins and a pile of clean sorted bran flakes.

I eat the bran flakes and I save the raisins in a big jar, don't know why, but for some reason I cannot throw them away because I think that I will need them some day.

I stopped eating Raisin Bran years ago, when I realized the raisins were too stale to eat when they first came out of the box. You haven't got a jar of future emergency rations, you've got a jar of some sort of organic dark brown pebbles.

There was a documentary on TV a while ago, about successfully treating cluster headaches with "bromo", a non-hallucinogenic form of LSD. That sounds about as interesting as non-alcoholic beer, but the headache sufferers were happy with the results.

There's lots about it on the Web. Here's just one link:

http://news.sciencemag.org/sciencenow/2011/06/lsd-alleviates-suicide-headaches.html