How Much Do You Listen To Your System

Don,

Being a bachelor, my system pretty much stays on while my eyes are open. Whether it is 2 channel and FM radio or watching TV or movies in the HT mode. Since my system is comprised with two Jubes up front with Martinelli's in a two way passive set up, it is hard to turn it off. Sometimes I just sit, with my eyes closed and listen to some good CD's or spin a few records.

My system is more HT than music, so it get's used daily. I try to get some 2-channel listening in about 4 hours a week. True muscle flexing happens with the occasional demo or dedicated movie night. Sundays are one of my favorite; Fox has a "crank it up" section 3-4 times in each Nascar race. They switch to ground and turn-wall level cameras with some in-car footage as well. Audio is boosted and at reference levels the 5.1 sound of cars whizzing by is pretty fun. :)

I'm like heli001 in that my system plays a LOT. I turn it on one the way from the bedroom to the coffee pot in the morning. Usually around 05:00. It gets shut down around 22:00 when I go from the living room to the bedroom. Rinse and repeat 7 days a week.

The bulk of the play is FM or Pandora but 4 or 5 evenings a week I spin CDs or vinyl. Typically 4 to 5 hour sessions.

Hooked to the "B" speaker terminals is a Niles 6 zone speaker switch. There are JBL in-walls in my bedroom and kitchen, Polk monitors in the guest room, DIY coaxials in the office/workroom, and a Technics mini-system in the garage thats fed by the TAPE OUT of the main system.

Suffice to say my house is awash in tunes some 17 or so hours a day, 7 days a week.

I listen to khorns during the week for tv and movies or while working in the front of the house. The jubilee clones are on almost all weekends and when we have friends over listening to music and spinning vinyl. If I'm in the adjacent rooms or back yards I crank em up. I rack up lots of time during the week. Serious listening is a little more rare 2-4 hours a week. Once a month we usually have a good long listening session with records from a friends massive archive.

During the last week I haven't turned my system on at all, in average week I listen about 12 hours. I'm just curious about the listening habits of other forum members.

This is a point of some contention (marriage-wise). I try to maximize the time that the system is on. Usually, this is about 5 hours/day after work, but it varies. I like to listen to pure music with the laptop in my lap, and I compromise with Netflix and Blu-rays/DVDs for "social time".

It is the highlight of my day.[Y] - every day of the week. My wife sometimes hides in her sewing room to get some "quiet time". [:$]

Chris

EDIT: On my days off, I usually turn the system on in the early hours and leave it on unless we have to leave for grocery shopping, etc. I'd say the system is on about 14 hours/day on these days. My listening room is integrated with the kitchen/breakfast area so we listen to music while we cook.

I would say every other day or so. When i get home from work i just open my computer and put on some music, i shower, eat and do adl's listening to music. And movies maybe once a week or so. On off days or weekends or bbq's, i would say 8-12 hours in a single day easily.

My systems are on 24/7. I watch at least 1 movie and listen to 3 hours of music every single day. I have about 3000 DVDs, 1000 VHSs, 500 LaserDiscs, 1000 LPs, 500 CDs, 500 Cassette Tapes and 250 8-Track Tapes.

My systems are on 24/7. I watch at least 1 movie and listen to 3 hours of music every single day. I have about 3000 DVDs, 1000 VHSs, 500 LaserDiscs, 1000 LPs, 500 CDs, 500 Cassette Tapes and 250 8-Track Tapes.

Ouch! When I see this it reminds me how much crap I own as well. [:S] Speaking of non-crap, I listened to my entire collection of Talking Heads DVD-As over the last two days and it's AMAZING how good that material is. [Y]