So we got robbed

bigdaddy

First, my Klipsch are fine, they did not take them. Probably didn't want to pick the heavy bastards up and carry them. But the @$$holes got My 57 inch Mitsubishi a

50" Samsung, a 27 inch Vizio, LG Blu Ray, Ipod dock and Ipod, My Dell Computer, My wifes Tablet And a Sony Dig Camera. Then just for fun they vandalized the dressers in my bedroom and slashed my mattress. All told about 6 grand to replace it all. I am just pissed. We will have a security system in place by weekend. I did have replacement insurance so my deductible is all it will cost but we have lost most of our pictures of our Kids and they cannot be replaced. My wife is a little upset about that(to say the least). I have a suspicion about who did it, but I can't prove it nor can I do anything other than be more vigilant and protect myself and my family as well as possible. That was all I just wanted to vent a little.

Glad you and your family are safe. Hate to hear that your habitat was violated. We don't have a security system but do have a house Rottweiler that will make you think twice about entering (just ask Mallet and Lonelobo lol). Thieves are some of the lowest forms of humans there are, I hope they get what they deserve.

Carl

• Moderators

I'm truly sorry to hear that Bigdaddy. Just makes you sick to come home to that. A feeling of being violated. I'm sure it's very disturbing to know that someone was in your home. I too am grateful your family is safe. Stuff can be replaced, they cannot.

Don't get me started on security systems. After I found out that the police priorities on home security systems put them last to answer I said "what am I paying for?". (That means everything else has priority before they send a cop to your house)

Dogs are the best thing to have.

JJK

Yeah I have a dog. She is quite loud as a matter of fact. She was hiding in the corner of the yard when my wife got home. I am hoping that in the future an alarm will make them not want to be noticed and leave. I live in Topeka and there is not a lot happening here. So if a call comes in to the police I'm betting they are quick to answer. I know I called once because the house next door was being broken into to ( I thought) No less than ten uniformed officers answered the call. I felt bad when I found out it was my new neighbors.

Sorry to hear about the breakin, its to bad they weren't caught in the
act prefarably with a shiny metallic item staring them in the face,
until proper authorities arrive of course...

At least you and your family as well as klipsch are safe [Y]

Last summer we had all of our windows open even at night to cool off the house until one night it got too hot. On this night we closed all the windows and storm windows as well and went to sleep with the air on. About 2 am we heard a loud bang, I woke up and went to check it out figuring it might be the dogs or kids making noise but all were sleeping. I turned lights on in the basement (exposed lower) and kitchen but after seeing nothing went back to sleep. The next morning I saw our screens on 5 windows were cut out and one storm window was pulled off. Even the front door had signs of a breakin attempt. The storm window they pulled off was nailed in place by me to make sure it stayed on no matter what since the track was finicky, my guess is they startled themselves by yanking so hard on it and then ran off after it dropped. I still regret not being awake at the time catch them in the act since I don't typically go to sleep that early. The worst part is that you dont get peace of mind afterwards and question when it will happen again. Alarms are good, Dogs are great, and an Armed Homeowner defending themselves is best!

Sorry to hear about the breakin, its to bad they weren't caught in the

act prefarably with a shiny metallic item staring them in the face,

until proper authorities arrive of course...

At least you and your family as well as klipsch are safe Yes

Last summer we had all of our windows open even at night to cool off the house until one night it got too hot. On this night we closed all the windows and storm windows as well and went to sleep with the air on. About 2 am we heard a loud bang, I woke up and went to check it out figuring it might be the dogs or kids making noise but all were sleeping. I turned lights on in the basement (exposed lower) and kitchen but after seeing nothing went back to sleep. The next morning I saw our screens on 5 windows were cut out and one storm window was pulled off. Even the front door had signs of a breakin attempt. The storm window they pulled off was nailed in place by me to make sure it stayed on no matter what since the track was finicky, my guess is they startled themselves by yanking so hard on it and then ran off after it dropped. I still regret not being awake at the time catch them in the act since I don't typically go to sleep that early. The worst part is that you dont get peace of mind afterwards and question when it will happen again. Alarms are good, Dogs are great, and an Armed Homeowner defending themselves is best!

My Glock aint shiny. [:)]

Truly sorry to hear about this.....Like everybody else said, very glad to see your family is OK!!! The people that did this can only run in fear for as long as they are free....which probably won't be for very long. As I'm sure this is not an isolated incident for these a$$holes.....I agree with Mongo. Karma can be a real B!%$#. You can only run around for a limited time in these circles before things go really wrong..[li]

Don't get me started on security systems. After I found out that the police priorities on home security systems put them last to answer I said "what am I paying for?". (That means everything else has priority before they send a cop to your house)

Dogs are the best thing to have.

JJK

too many false alarms....a lot of cities are charging for false alarms...and after 3 false alarms...they don't respond.

Alarms are another layer of detourent, just like dogs, exterior lighting, not leaving your garage door open, leaving empty boxes for expensive things on the curb for the trash guy, neighborhood watch...etc. take things like that away and you become a "soft target".

Alarms are a good piece to a balanced approach.

That really sucks.

I'm in the process of installing an 8 camera dvr security system. I just got it configured to txt image to my cell phone or email pic on alarm which can be set differently for each camera. It took a while to config but I also got the iphone app setup and the dvr interface accessable from internet. I can check any camera from anywhere which is cool.

http://www.defender-usa.com/product-display.php?id=183

I think I'm going to hook up a lawn mower to a high voltage capacitor and hopefully catch the attempted theft on camera. If succesful I'll open a new youtube channel called Mess'n With Crackie 8-)

Sorry to hear about this, it makes you sick to your stomach. It happened to us about 25 years ago. Came home and found they grabbed my new beta player and all the kids clothes. Insurance replaced it all. I picked up a gorgeous 3 year old German Shepard, and then we went out to dinner two weeks later to the day and they got us again. They maced the dog or sprayed her with something. Grabbed my 1 week old beta player again, tools, electronics and my safe, which had 10k in it(I just finished remodeling job, I am idiot) but it proved to be too heavy and they dropped it about 300 ft from house. I had had enough. I bought a house the next week in a nice suburb and eventually sold the old place.

Scumbags...hey, they must be a member of the 47%? Hang in there.

One of my neighbors has farm property that is split up over our county. He has a storage building on one that he keeps supplies in, like oil and filters for the tractors, belts, etc. He had a video camera/recorder and a dog in the fenced property. The robbersput a loop around the dogs neg to hold him in place (he receivd 1/4 to 1/2 inch cuts on his neck from it), and the first thing they did was put something over the camera. I told him he should have a dummy camera visible and the real one hidden... [;)]

He lost over $20k in supplies and the thieves were never caught.