I need to dynamat my entire house

masterxela

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't get headaches from the CFLs, not worried about the mercury? CFL's are a terrible idea and way less efficient than LED. Sorry about the rant, I have a serious hate issue with chinese made taxpayer funded cfls.

Is this a trailer or a house? What sort of construction?

No headaches. I work with boiling nitric acid, HF, nasty stuff all the time. Hg doesn't worry me (as long as the bulbs do what they should, and don't explode)

If there is an equal output, equal wattage LED that fits for less $$$, I'm in. They're not at walmart. I believe I have these: http://www.amazon.com/GE-21709-15-Watt-740-Lumen-Floodlight/dp/B001AT22AG

Buying chinese isn't bad. They make fine products at a low cost to the consumer. We don't need Americans clicking a button in a manufacturing plant... We have the privilege of an accessible and advanced post-secondary education system and should be churning out folks who invent/design/engineer the products for the $2/hr labor army to produce.

House, built in 2007. 'Normal' construction.... I'm tuned flat-ish to below 20hz, maybe a 3db bump from 120 down. Run >110db regularly; the bass is prodigious (at 1/2 inch excursion, I probably have more displacement than 2-3 of klipsch's current offerings pooping their pants)

Is that happening at just a few freq's or over a large range?

If you have any 12v lighting you can get LED's for around $4-5 for those.

For Par30 stuff it's $12-18

boiling nitric acid?. what do you do?

It happens over a large range.

I can place my hands on the walls of my garage door 100 feet away and feel it. Not a matter of particular resonance

I'm a PhD physics student. Our main procedure to remove the native oxide layer on silicon wafers involves nasty chemical baths under a fume hood.

Try isolating your plates from the cabinet they are in by putting something under them. When I have my PS3 in my bedroom it sits at the foot of my bed in a little cabinet. When it plays DVD/BD it sends a low frequency vibration through my whole bed and I can hear the disc spinning through my pillow. So I put it on a yoga foot pad. It's like a 12 inch diameter air filled rubber pad. It's a small raft for my PS3 and works beautifully. Just find something in your house to put under the plates. Hope this helps....[H]

• Moderators

I can place my hands on the walls of my garage door 100 feet away and feel it. Not a matter of particular resonance

That's not unusual, I doubt dynamat will help with that, bass sound waves are not going to stop because of a few layers of dynamat. Bring it up in class, to the teacher, it would be interesting to try to solve, considering it's almost imposable (within reasonable design/cost) to stop bass waves. If you could do it you would make a fortune. [Y]