Cornwalls F/S on ebay

Budman

here PICK UP ONLY

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221191943839?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

$1200 he wants for these for the last 3 months on craigslist. they were listed on ebay last week at 1199 ended with no sale. i emailed the seller last week and made an offer. he came back with this ( i have a buyer at 1100 ) i upted the offer. he came back with ( i said i have an offer at 1100 ) well they have been relisted on ebay at 1105 thats fricking funny had an offer of 1100 but you want 1105 now. i emailed him today and said i'm still interested in them. his response was this maybe next year if i still have them. please don't contact me again until next year 2014 thanks. OUCH.

my very first email to him was ( can you send me pictures with the backs removed to see what componets are inside. he said NO

I think his comments in the e-bay add were directed at youStick out tongue

Lol, agreed. He may just be irritated at your persistence as it sounds like you've sent multiple emails. That's neither hear nor there. I do think he's being kind of a jerk though, or it sounds that way. I wouldn't deal with him.

way too much money in my opinion

+1 . . . Also, on his description, he says he will take nothing less than $1100, but has set bidding to open at $1175 . . . .? You would think he would do simply a "buy it "now for $1100 . . . And sit on them until 2014 when Budman can call him and get them for $700. :-)

if i really need them and i don't it wouldn't bother me one bit to drive 10 mins to pickup a NM pair of 1982 consec serial numbered Walnut Oiled Cornwalls and fork over $1000 and maybe another 100. he's stands to lose 100 on ebays final value fees ( 9% )

in his ad he's using one of our forum members recent purchase of 83 corns for 1500 and he sold another pair late last year for 900 and these are nicer.

trust me he's got his phone # on ebay and every tom/dick/harry is offering him $500 for them

I don't think his price is that far off... maybe by a hundred or two. It is not a great deal but it wasn't that long ago that these were going for more than this. Bad thing is that I would wind up investing almost another thousand in upgrades. Maybe I misunderstood but I don't get why you would contact again to offer the same amount again... unless you were going to increase your offer?

Actually, I don't think I'd change a thing with Cornwalls this new. It is all good! On the other hand, I really like the sound of Fastracs or maybe I'd like to try out eliptracs or Gregs' V-tracs (just set them on top). With new mid horns I might want a crossover that will allow me to attenuate the midrange so I'd be talking to Al K. The modification possibilities get expensive fast! At some point, you might as well build new boxes. Seems wrong to do anything to these nice speakers that can't be reversed.

If I was really wanting a pair of cornwalls I could easily justify paying 1000 bucks 10 minutes from home. Saving a couple hunderd bucks on gas possibly plus a hotel room maybe. Your time is valuable too and they are practically next door. Would you get a thousand bucks worth of value out of them? I would. Just depends on how you look at it. If you forget about market comparison and just look at value, it could be considered a no-brainer by some. The cane grills are cool too.

If I was really wanting a pair of cornwalls I could easily justify paying 1000 bucks 10 minutes from home. Saving a couple hunderd bucks on gas possibly plus a hotel room maybe. Your time is valuable too and they are practically next door. Would you get a thousand bucks worth of value out of them? I would. Just depends on how you look at it. If you forget about market comparison and just look at value, it could be considered a no-brainer by some. The cane grills are cool too.

Overpaying is now a no-brainier? :-). Sure, I know . . . They are worth what someone will pay for them, even overpay . . . Especially if you plan to keep them a long time. But, if you plan to simply try them for a while, it pays off in the end to be patient and purchase at a price you can resell them without sitting on them a year, so that you can sell more quickly to try something else. Now, if you are not a hobbyist, but part of your income based on a well of knowledge in buying/reselling, these would not get much of a look. At his price, he is looking for the person to overpay, the person who knows they want some Cornies in their collection for a long time and is not patient. I have a guiding principle In buying any pre-owned big boy toys . . . Never buy what I can't resell in a short time (if something unexpected came up) for at least what I paid the previous owner. And that principle has been given the WAF.