The Ten Commandments not on TV tonight???

Mighty Favog

14 pages no lockYes.

Incredible. I've seen locks for much less, and lately.

We deputies don't go there...

However, OT, I introduced my 11 year old son to TTC a couple of weeks back. He was less than enthused. My wife had picked up a 7.50 DVD and I didn't expect much quality wise, but it turned out to be an absolutely beautifully remastered version with a look near HD. As the story was told, he became quite mesmerized. He finally allowed...and get this..."They don't make movies like THAT anymore!"

And, as if to prove his good taste, the only thing he mentioned as hokey was the snakes. Good taste, he has.

In the end there is no doubt it will be one of those indelible memories and someday he'll sit his son down for the 16k holoprocessed version. If so, I hope they leave the snakes hokey as it's part of the tradition.

Dave

This is one of those threads that should be locked but Amy probably has said "Ok Guys, do your thing for 24 hours to get all this out of your system then I will lock this thread." Same thing in study hall in high school---Teach said "you got 5 minutes to throw spitballs then it's over". Never had so much fun in my life. Even the girls were throwing spit balls. The floor was a mess. The air was filled with pandemonium and paper.

JJK

I don't know if that's it or not. I was having trouble following what some of the posts were saying, i.e., all the major religious books are fiction/ or they are non-fiction, etc.

I know what I believe, but couldn't understand what others wee really saying. Whatever side of the argument the fall on, I will not berate them or try to convince them or beat up on them. Not my 'job'. I think we could be clearer and still maintain a good discourse.

PWK's pastor from the Episcopal Church was on here quite a bit and we had some great discussions about denominations. A lot of fun and no one was hurt by it. He hasn't been on for quite some time. We exchanged a few emails, and it was always enlightening.

Bruce

• Like 1

You haven't figured it out, yet? That "crazy man" skit is our nation's shtick for everyone they want us to fear. The press goes right along with it.

Yes, I'm aware that happens. Decades ago the CIA admitted to a "disinformation" campaign against Gaddafi (aka Khadafi) which the press bought. We also "accidentally" killed his daughter, which did not improve his personality. I'm not saying every "crazy man" is a real threat, but the fact remains that in WW II Germany and Japan acted in a self destructive way, ending with the death of many of their people, some of their leaders, and many citizens of other countries. North Korea would not be the first.

You haven't figured it out, yet? That "crazy man" skit is our nation's shtick for everyone they want us to fear. The press goes right along with it.

Yes, I'm aware that happens. Decades ago the CIA admitted to a "disinformation" campaign against Gaddafi (aka Khadafi) which the press bought. We also "accidentally" killed his daughter, which did not improve his personality. I'm not saying every "crazy man" is a real threat, but the fact remains that in WW II Germany and Japan acted in a self destructive way, ending with the death of many of their people, some of their leaders, and many citizens of other countries. North Korea would not be the first.

North Korea isn't even a fly-speck in a room full of wallpaper. Ain't gonna happen. You have to consider the circumstances which gave rise to WWII. The economies of those times were the driving forces behind the massive struggle. Life these days is a bowl of cherries by comparison.

Just look at South Korea: Op...Op...Op... Oppan Gangnam Style! They are having a blast over there.

I agree with your overall argument Jeff but there a a few examples where you mis-state. Khadafi for example did order or at least give the go ahead and money to take down Pan Am 103. Americans and others were killed. The Iranian regime has sponsored/funded acts of aggression against 'us." Sadam did things to his own countrymen that Hitler (dare I say it and confirm the internet discussion law) did and afterwards the world asked why didn't we do something about it sooner. Something btw doesn't mean war and invasion necessarily----but it was right to fend him off of Kuwait.

As far as Un goes, he probably is just cementing his rule by flexiing muscle, at the same time it is up to the rest of the world outside the earshot of his isolated people to make sure he understands a joke will only be taken so far.

I agree with your overall argument Jeff but there a a few examples where you mis-state. Khadafi for example did order or at least give the go ahead and money to take down Pan Am 103. Americans and others were killed. The Iranian regime has sponsored/funded acts of aggression against 'us." Sadam did things to his own countrymen that Hitler (dare I say it and confirm the internet discussion law) did and afterwards the world asked why didn't we do something about it sooner. Something btw doesn't mean war and invasion necessarily----but it was right to fend him off of Kuwait.

As far as Un goes, he probably is just cementing his rule by flexiing muscle, at the same time it is up to the rest of the world outside the earshot of his isolated people to make sure he understands a joke will only be taken so far.

We were talking about this nuclear threat business. I wasn't saying everyone's a saint.

I'm very skeptical regarding Un's position in the government, period.... Indeed he may control it all, but he looks like a kid controlled by those "oversized hat wearer's" that surround him on most all occasions.

600x424

That's sort of the problem. Why should a joke be cause for military action on our part? What is it about talking smack that justifies this? I would hope we don't drop bombs on N Korean civilians (collateral damage) because he told one too many jokes.