Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

that where the "shake or stir?" comes from.

"bruising" [from my understanding ... I'm not a drinker] means the vodka turns milky in appearance

honestly, isn't a martini a polite way of drinking gin or vodka straight up?

• Haha 3

@WillyBob So how hot did it get in Arivaca today? It was 115 here today. Jeesh. And a few miles even further inland it was 120-122. Coming home this evening about 9:30 it was all the way down to 98. I don't know the humidity level but it must not be too low for the temp to stay up like that after dark.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, babadono said:

So how hot did it get in Arivaca today?

105`.  111` in Tucson Thurs. Humidity is "up".  25% - 30%. Not cooling off at night. Was 80` yesterday AM for a low. Mind you, we are at 4000ft elevation

The kiddie pool gettin' some use. At 9PM, I was sitting in it... smoking my pipe and watching the sky. Seeing some lightning to the south. Way to the south. Can't see the clouds, just the flash from the bolts.

someone must have gotten hurt fighting the fire. Saw a medivac heli with a litter on the side, coming out yesterday afternoon.

Drinking the last of this bag of Mexican beans ... A bag of Ugandan on deck.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think the original audience was not an experienced audio site such as this.  Most likely, it would have been too young to know what a cassette is.  Of course the pre-digital generations get it.  Therefore, fwiw, which is very little, make it seven.

• Like 7

Never played an 8Trak. I even had a machine. A recorder. It was sitting in the recycle pile, rather than in a dumpster.  It worked, but...

We got a smattering of rain. A drop in temp, a jump in humidity.  Smelled like rain ...

Now the sun is out and just as hot as before. Did get to cool the house a little before closing it back up. Dark to the south.  Might see more.

When I lose satellite signal, I know I have 5 minutes to batten down the  hatches.

My resident tarantula opened its door. They dig a hole.  This one over-wintered in the lawn.

Handsome [for a spider] ... tan body with chocolate brown legs. Don't know if it's m or f. Will find out later. If he goes wandering looking for a mate...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Nice email note from that Ga. house I sold last year. I am so glad that albatross is gone. Here is the latest info.

So you don't have winters in California like you do in Georgia, The new homeowners did not leave the heater in the house on or cover the pipes outside, apparently they went back to California for a visit and the pipes busted on the back side of the house and the flooring in the master bathroom and it flooded the whole street level of house and the master bathroom and closet floor collapsed in the garage and it also crushed his car

• Like 1
  • Sad 2