Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

38 minutes ago, dtel said:

How did they know it was leaking under the slab, or was it leaking on top also ?

I would think that would have been pretty expensive if a plumber was called.

It would actually leak out from under the commode when you flushed it.  When the commode was pulled you could see where the lead pipe was split.

The cheapest estimate he got was $800.  I asked him why he was getting estimates.  Lol.  This cost about  $200 with the biggest expense being the blade he had to buy for the rented concrete saw.

• Like 4

I'm watching the Rock and Roll HOF 2018 show. First up was The Cars, they played 3 songs, I didn't know Ben Orr passed away. Dire Straits was next, Mark Knopfler wasn't there, and they did not play....kind of a bummer. I doubt I'll stay up to watch Bon Jovi.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I went to see NeilYoung... He comes out and sez he has laryngitis .... don't know whether that is good or bad. Then he sealed the deal with a 45min performance

thnx?

Reminds me of a joke...  Mark Antony says, "Where's Cleopatra"?  Someone says, "She's in bed with Laryngitis."  Mark says, "Damn those Greeks!"

• Haha 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

It would actually leak out from under the commode when you flushed it.  When the commode was pulled you could see where the lead pipe was split.

The cheapest estimate he got was $800.  I asked him why he was getting estimates.  Lol.  This cost about  $200 with the biggest expense being the blade he had to buy for the rented concrete saw.

Oh OK, I figured  it was leaking inside. Those blades are not cheap but it's alot easier than trying to drill a bunch of holes and chipping it out or other crazy ways. 

$800 doesn't surprise me, but this way you know it's fixed.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I'm watching Lawrence Welk

........ listening to PinkFloyd

Welllllllll, that was a snarky way to hook me!  Worked like a charm!  I'm listening to a lil Phil Collins and watching LeBron get molesticated by the entire Toronto team!  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Like a good polka. Mom loved to watch Lawrence and sometimes she liked to hear my music.

The Young&The Restless and Marty Robbins, Grand Ole Opry, Nashville Now and all Wrestling.

Had a big dish and she derived great benefit from it. One day the cable guy hung a sign that

cable was available now. I made a paper airplane and sent it back to him...

Still watch other while listening...cool man...:rolleyes:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dtel said:

Oh OK, I figured  it was leaking inside. Those blades are not cheap but it's alot easier than trying to drill a bunch of holes and chipping it out or other crazy ways. 

$800 doesn't surprise me, but this way you know it's fixed.

As a note for anyone ever having to do a similar repair.  You can cut the pipe flush with the ground if you're using vinyl or something similarly thin.  If you're going back with ceramic tile you need to cut the pipe above the concrete the same height as the thickness as the tile with mortar will be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Ok, going over to daughters house and bring some Forte's, Spud sub, receiver and BR player. They use a computer for music now, this should be a little better.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dtel said:

Waiting for son in law with truck to pick up everything, and me.

Tell Gia she looks perfect and Congratulations. 

I did not have too tell her... She just read it !

She said thank you !

• Like 4