Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

we excel at it.

Mornin' all

Blended coffee this AM. Mexican/Peruvian.  Last of the Mex and top of the Peruvian. Came nice

Gonna get warm the next few days. Not sure how long 100's are predicted. Saw  a few days.  A little ahead of normal. No indication of what is to come. Last year was warm and dry. Real dry.  Good rain for 3 week of the "monsoon" and then it stopped. Halfway thru the season, it stopped.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, dtel said:

Poor guy, I even had to look close, I first thought you photoshopped the picture, then I thought no that dude looks better than me. :( Maby my better looking brother I never met, the mailman's kid ? But really I don't look bad, from a distance, like a few hundred feet.

How about 800 miles :D

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Morning all.  Just checking in.  We're just about to hit the road to Houston.  Son in law needs help with a plumbing project.  The lead waste pipe going to one of his commodes is cracked under the slab.  I've already had him bust the concrete out so I get to do the easy part of the repair which is to replace it.  I'll check in later.  

• Like 4

that sounds like too much fun.  Plumbing isn't bad as long as it's new install. Old sewer pipe is the down side. Big time.

I dunno if it's safe for me to wear a sarong [however bad I look] around you guys. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Morning all.  Just checking in.  We're just about to hit the road to Houston.  Son in law needs help with a plumbing project.  The lead waste pipe going to one of his commodes is cracked under the slab.  I've already had him bust the concrete out so I get to do the easy part of the repair which is to replace it.  I'll check in later.  

Have fun with the "easy part!"  Everytime  I plumb ANY thing I may as well start at the street!  Ahhhhh  NO!  Not me!  Yuck!  Call my oldest daughter and she accomplishes the mission and comes out from under the sink or wherever laffin at me!  WHICH reminds me...  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, babadono said:

^Are you there or is that a picture of what awaits you? Looks like a clean demo job, fix him up. I know you will.

On my home front weed abatement continues....Later:emotion-44:

@dirtmudd tell Gia we say God Bless you young Lady.

I'm there.  Just finished.  Slab was drilled, rebar installed and I just finished the concrete. 

20180505_123016.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

When I got here there was a hole in the slab.  I had to put the bushing in the cast iron bell and come out with pvc.  It's a bugger getting the pvc in the bushing.  That took the longest.

Quick accurate and just waiting on things to set. Dang, you are quick. Put a showercap over end...no smoking...:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I'm there.  Just finished.  Slab was drilled, rebar installed and I just finished the concrete. 

20180505_123016.jpg

--- Damn that's hard-core, you"ll need be a good aim with that set-up. And looks a might un-comfy for any lengthy sitting. No need for a magazine rack there --–?!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, richieb said:

--- Damn that's hard-core, you"ll need be a good aim with that set-up. And looks a might un-comfy for any lengthy sitting. No need for a magazine rack there --–?!?

We'll purdy it up eventually an make it slightly more functional. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

It's no hill for a stepper.

You got some crap with you, it's no wonder she called you. :lol:

A crappy job well done, looks like the son in law did the worst part, as it should be. Just tell him when the cement dries just remove the duct tape and aim for the pipe. :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, billybob said:

Quick accurate and just waiting on things to set. Dang, you are quick. Put a showercap over end...no smoking...:lol:

There was about 6 jokes there but out of respect I will behave. 

21 minutes ago, richieb said:

No problem the son in law is a military dude he can handle it, probably seen worse. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Do you need a toilet flange before the concrete goes in?

We'll flush cut it then use a floor flange that glues inside the 4 inch pipe.  If you want to use a flange that glues on the outside of the pipe you wrap the pipe with cardboard then pull the cardboard out after the cement dries.  It leaves a void for the hub of the flange.

• Like 4

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, codewritinfool said:

Learn somethin’ new every day...

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

We'll flush cut it then use a floor flange that glues inside the 4 inch pipe.

Must have been what I used, I do not remember leaving any opening around the pipe. They could probably have it all back together in a couple of days I would guess.

How did they know it was leaking under the slab, or was it leaking on top also ?

I would think that would have been pretty expensive if a plumber was called.

• Like 2