Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

19 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Some of those radio active catfish

Not far off Chuck. They thrived in that always warm water!

Once in the 80s I think, it was recorded in the local paper that they called in some Navy divers to inspect the spillway part near the dam. There was a flow issue. One refused to go back down because he and the others said that there were catfish down there with a bite radius large enough to take off an arm or leg!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

An omission on last post. While drinking my Sam Adams, drank brother's 1/2 pint, which I replaced, of course next day.

Yes that is the catfish...((( O ))) Liked my Blue or Channel Cats growing up on the St. Johns...

Speaking of local, bro just gave me scallops, grouper, dinnerfrom local restaurant. Gone but nice to be nice to him I guess.

He a vet just dined for free today...B)

• Like 5

I don't get off the porch and run with the big boys much so I never have said what my experience with Heresy lls was.  I don't understand.....I didn't think much of them and I know some of you boys love them.  I didn't keep them long but what a relief when I got the RP-280Fs for LF.  Different strokes I guess........

My LS/Altec home made speakers have been idle too since I got the 280s.  Mostly out of laziness to hook them up again.  Going to do that soon.  Today was the first time since hurricane Florence that I have done any critical listening. My experience reinforces that your pleasure has a lot to do with the source.  Tiger Lilly by Natalie Merchant sounded shrill and listening fatigue was right around the corner.  Put on some Tom Waits, Keb Mo, and Sonny Rollins and was reminded how good my modest system sounds.

So now you know the rest of the story..........

IMG_1591.JPG

• Like 7

4 hours ago, MookieStl said:

cat2.thumb.jpg.ae5e0f8a4a62bf53ddc4ba084ac4f767.jpg

5 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Some of those radio active catfish

thumb.thumb.jpg.209ed3e13b10060870fd7e7f06eaf380.jpg

That radio active catfish not only bit me (hope I don't start to glow in the dark), she spilled my beer!!! (party foul) I still let her go to grow up some more.

Yup Billybob, that's a blue cat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A nice one too! Seen some big ones local in the past from brothers. Ouch, at least it was just a bite. When they gig you with fin, can be more serious, as you know.

18 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

thumb.thumb.jpg.209ed3e13b10060870fd7e7f06eaf380.jpg

That radio active catfish not only bit me (hope I don't start to glow in the dark), she spilled my beer!!! (party foul) I still let her go to grow up some more.

Yup Billybob, that's a blue cat.

In any case, first aid called for. Spilling beer was uncalled for by monster. Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

In plain sight now. POffice had a picture of me with facial hair so, shaved it off. Few to observe me as low profile anyway. You'd be surprised what a punk haircut can do...:):emotion-44:

Going to be posting some on the vinyl as soon as want and, reminds me, need to look at a couple of boxes of lp's. We

will see and thanks...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

=== global warming, global cooling, all I know if I’m sick of the weather right now. It was fricken snowing last April and now already first week in Nov. So we’ve had all of 6 months ‘tween snows. Grand kids is the only thing keeping me here or I’d sell the house in a couple days and go — and that’s still on the table —

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, babadono said:

Where ya goin'?

=== and there lies the dilemma. So many options, so little time — I’m sure at the end of the day my azz will continue to be sitting where it is right now — or I could buy ground next to you where I can continue to give depressing retirement news — ?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, babadono said:

Where ya goin'?

16 minutes ago, richieb said:

=== and there lies the dilemma. So many options, so little time — I’m sure at the end of the day my azz will continue to be sitting where it is right now — or I could buy ground next to you where I can continue to give depressing retirement news — ?

Land of Big Jubes and little hands.

• Like 2