The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

Last of the blue mountain today.  Next up is Ethiopian Yirgacheffe from the good folks at Kroger Private Selection.  It's a new one for me.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Got 2 lbs of Lumbo coming with a $$ little bag of Blue Mtn for my manual maker later this week. Probably won't like Colombian anymore after a couple of days of real Jamaican Blue Mountain!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I bet a can of Folger's will fix that.

bikini beans

537d8c6d74c55da7d80e38601e654271.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I would call  those gals  a "long cool drink of water".... I spose that , especially around here, we could associate them with coffee.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Nice beans!

And a good bean grinder

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

I bet a can of Folger's will fix that.

Uh...NO.

folgers started it all for me, I liked it bought those two pound red cans in the grocery store for seven dollars. Then something changed with the flavor that I didn't like after `93. bucks for years until they started that musty nasty tasting bean in everything. Marley coffee was the best until his remaining family ruined the business. Have no allegiance to a brand anymore, I'm a freelancer now.

• Like 3

wife drinks Folgers at work. When she gets home, she wants good coffee. Yeah... my folks drank folgers. Always though it was a cheap trick that it smelled way better than it tasted. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

I would call  those gals  a "long cool drink of water".... I spose that , especially around here, we could associate them with coffee.

} Im betting that “ long cool drink of water” would have you sweating bullets in no time —🥶🤒

• Like 2

Terrible looking pictures, need to look again to make sure, yep terrible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mornin' all

Back to basics ... Mexican beans

I've been having too much fun. Digging up a septic line. Determined the excess water running to the tank is not coming from a leak in/under the house. What I am finding has my scratching my head. A water line running parallel to the septic line and not feeding the 2 hose bibs near it. This line does not appear to go to anything. ... except, maybe, straight into the septic line.

Was wondering why it might be that way. Only thing I can come up with is, the original owner/builder was not here all of the time, possibly for months at a time and dinna want the tank to dry out????  Can't think of any reason to have clean water dumping into the tank. If it is, we will stop that. Should know where the water [in the septic line] is coming from in the next 4 or 5 feet.

Need to gather some firewood today, too. We'll get wood first. My back is hummin'.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Was wondering why it might be that way.

Only reason I could think of that would be if the tank is leaking, the extra water keeps it full so bacteria can grow to eat up waste ? Being the desert and all, can't think of any other reason. 

Cut off the water and Pee more ?  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Mornin' all

Back to basics ... Mexican beans

I've been having too much fun. Digging up a septic line. Determined the excess water running to the tank is not coming from a leak in/under the house. What I am finding has my scratching my head. A water line running parallel to the septic line and not feeding the 2 hose bibs near it. This line does not appear to go to anything. ... except, maybe, straight into the septic line.

Was wondering why it might be that way. Only thing I can come up with is, the original owner/builder was not here all of the time, possibly for months at a time and dinna want the tank to dry out????  Can't think of any reason to have clean water dumping into the tank. If it is, we will stop that. Should know where the water [in the septic line] is coming from in the next 4 or 5 feet.

Need to gather some firewood today, too. We'll get wood first. My back is hummin'.

Cross connections between potable water and a waste fixture is never good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Cross connections between potable water and a waste fixture is never good.

True, we used to have to install a backflow preventer just to go to the irrigation system, I would think a septic line would be out of the question. 

• Like 1

How much water is going into the septic? Does it appear to be a deliberate situation or perhaps accidental (like a severed line)?  Fresh water supply to septic, hummmm.  Local (to me) building codes required a fresh water supply to each standing waste trap on water heaters so the PTraps wouldn't dry out and allow backdraft of sewer gasses into the dwelling.  While this doesn't seem to apply in your case there could be some other reason if it was done deliberately....hummmmm. Keep us posted. 

This may be a legitimate "repair" or may be a half-assed attempt at fixing an underlying problem.  I wonder if the drainfield had dried out in the past and needed a continuous flow? how are the neighbors doing with drainfield dessication?  It doesn't seem to me that it would be a problem if the thing dried up but who knows? If it were a deliberate introduction of water there was a reason for it and perhaps a better fix (as this one does sound second-rate).  Are there any as-builts or permitting records?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dtel said:

Only reason I could think of that would be if the tank is leaking, the extra water keeps it full so bacteria can grow to eat up waste ? Being the desert and all, can't think of any other reason. 

Cut off the water and Pee more ?  

Actually there is alot in this post!  An extra supply of make-up water may be covering for a tank leak, or, may have been supplied for a system which was unused for long periods of time (previously), or it was found that bacteriological action was much better with more water-than-it-was-getting, or?   Also in this post is a subtle hint of cut off the extra water and see what happens. Like observe carefully over the next 60 days. Then go with the newly found information.

• Like 2

Mornin' all

I tend to think this "leak" is deliberate. Didn't do any digging yesterday. How much water is going into the line? About as much as a 1/2in line will give. Why it was done? I dunno. I do know that with the place continuously occupied, the tank will fill in cold/wet times.

Gathering wood may have gotten easy. The wildlife refuge is clearing off dead wood as a fire reduction measure  AND they are giving away. All I have to do is go get it. I plan on getting what I can... green or not, as long as it's not rotten/pithy. If I can't burn it this season, it will be ready after a summer of "seasoning". I may need to split some. The stove will take 10 - 12 inch diameter.

Bought some tickets to a hospital "mega raffle".  Better than 1:20 chance of winning a $100 prize.  Grand prize is $625,000. I bought 3 tickets to the raffle and 15] 50/50 tickets ... so, I have a 1 in 7 chance of getting 1/3 of my money back... lol   My luck, we will win a trip to Mexico. Where these things are concerned, I am usually a donor. I'm not holding my breath for a big win.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, 7heavenlyplaces said:

This may be a legitimate "repair" or may be a half-assed attempt at fixing an underlying problem. 

I lean toward the latter.  This whole place was built of reclaimed materials. Most all of the surprises I have found were not happy ones. Finding redwood under the 3/16in panelling has been the only pleasant surprise.

• Like 3