Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

There's still outdoor music venues happening around? Why do I live in the Midwest? Have fun!
Come on down... to Chattanooga, TN.

Summers are great, with the '3 Sisters Bluegrass Festival"

The recent one was here:  http://www.3sistersbluegrass.com/

Our 'Nightfall Series' runs from May thru August and is a free, outdoor venue. Friday night downtown in Miller Plaza. A local act always opens for a national act, been running for years now. Past performers have been:

Barenaked Ladies, Taj Mahal, Karla Bonoff, Dave Mason, Black Keys, Alison Krause, Howard Jones, Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Deer Tick and the Carolina Chocolate Drops, Nickel Creek, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones... 

Lot's of smaller restaurant type venues for acoustics stuff, too, which can go year 'round.

• Like 6

All done with the kitchen lights install . . . took 7 hours! Way too long up and down a ladder . . . had to rewire. None of the lights were grounded by the previous owner. He just cut the ground wires off short and let them hang. Another fine home repair mess I got myself into. I have got to get a full-time job again to pay someone to do this stuff! :-)

well..... Rhetor you are a better man than me....and all you guys that do home repair......I DON'T DO HOUSE !! I run my auto shop, I'll do just about anything on a car.....but when it comes to home repair......not me.....I fix car....I make money....I pay someone to fix my house..... lo lol :-)

Rhetor good to have ya in the thread.... I jumped in here a few weeks ago... only been in the forum a few months. I like it.

Check you guys in the AM :-)

• Like 6

All done with the kitchen lights install . . . took 7 hours! Way too long up and down a ladder . . . had to rewire. None of the lights were grounded by the previous owner. He just cut the ground wires off short and let them hang. Another fine home repair mess I got myself into. I have got to get a full-time job again to pay someone to do this stuff! :-)

well..... Rhetor you are a better man than me....and all you guys that do home repair......I DON'T DO HOUSE !! I run my auto shop, I'll do just about anything on a car.....but when it comes to home repair......not me.....I fix car....I make money....I pay someone to fix my house..... lo lol :-)

Rhetor good to have ya in the thread.... I jumped in here a few weeks ago... only been in the forum a few months. I like it.

Check you guys in the AM :-)

Got a simple life rule instilled in me by my machinist father: "Real men try to make repairs before paying a professional."

He was really good with tools . . . me, not so much. Following dad's rule, I have learned a few things by trying it first myself. But . . . It has sure cost me a lot for the education, probably much more than paying someone! Last time I tried just replacing the $10 flush mechanism in the toilet, it cost me $200 for a professional to repair my repair. (Who new the toilet tank could only take so much pressure tightening down the flush mechanism before the tank cracked? Uh.).

I sometimes win the self-repair lottery, but sometimes . . . well, education costs! ;-)

A balmy 42 in a jacket on the back porch now for the second cup of coffee.

Edited by Rhetor
  • Like 5

There's still outdoor music venues happening around? Why do I live in the Midwest? Have fun!

Come on down... to Chattanooga, TN.

Summers are great, with the '3 Sisters Bluegrass Festival"

The recent one was here:  http://www.3sistersbluegrass.com/

Our 'Nightfall Series' runs from May thru August and is a free, outdoor venue. Friday night downtown in Miller Plaza. A local act always opens for a national act, been running for years now. Past performers have been:

Barenaked Ladies, Taj Mahal, Karla Bonoff, Dave Mason, Black Keys, Alison Krause, Howard Jones, Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Deer Tick and the Carolina Chocolate Drops, Nickel Creek, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones... 

Lot's of smaller restaurant type venues for acoustics stuff, too, which can go year 'round.

And you have the Mountain Opry on signal mountain too!

I have been over there a couple of times and had a blast.

• Like 4

62 degrees here....feels cooler.  Just poured the second cup. 

Well guys I am not much good with home repairs or cars :wacko:

Nice job on the tree JL!  How hard was it to cut the hole in the roof? 

Chattanooga sounds like a great music place.....need to put it on my list.   

No plans for the day.  Got a reference for a good guitar instructor....may call him today.

Think I'll go make some cheese grits and a couple of fried eggs.....may share with the critter :o

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 6

Getting over the flu... been staying in all weekend. First coffee in a few days... tastes really good.

Thinking of those at Pearl Harbor so long ago. This is front of Hilo Tribune Herald from the week before the attack.

Bruce

post-5045-0-43580000-1417964898_thumb.jp

• Like 7

Getting over the flu... been staying in all weekend. First coffee in a few days... tastes really good.

Thinking of those at Pearl Harbor so long ago. This is front of Hilo Tribune Herald from the week before the attack.

Bruce

Did you order a copy?  I would be curious what the article said.  It was known that a strike was very possible but no one knew where in the pacific.  It is a big ocean with lots of targets as the war proved.

• Like 5

Good afternoon gang:

Back home after my farmer breakfast, weather is gloomy so no flyin today.

hit the Depot for another 8 strands of LEDs for my front yard tree. year three for my 16' light tree.

I add 4 or 5 strands a year, 13' strand of LEDs cost like 4bucks each.

Think im running aprox 14 now.

Time for wiring Tunes and Libations, so will post now in the drinkin thread. :ph34r:

Where's the pic of the tree, Bro?

Well this pic seems to be the only one i can find,, and this was Three years ago, wile i was figuring out this critter. (Number of strands, height, spread)

Ill update w/new photo this year once i get it up.

post-57941-0-72740000-1417968021_thumb.j

• Like 5

Did you order a copy? I would be curious what the article said. It was known that a strike was very possible but no one knew where in the pacific. It is a big ocean with lots of targets as the war proved.
This was a sad day, and I don't want to appear to diss our military. This country has spent billions around the world, in lives and in dollars while not gaining much at all. However, I think enough has been released through the FOI Act that shows we knew Japan would attack Pearl Harbor. I'll leave it at that. Anything else I'll take offline.

Bruce

• Like 3

Nice job on the tree JL! How hard was it to cut the hole in the roof?

Not as hard as it looks. I simply hovered over the tree and hit "copy image" and then started at post here and hit "paste". Seems to work pretty darn good most of the time ya know!

• Like 4

Outside the pubs, along the highways and bi-ways of your town, we shall never ever drink coffee without remembering that substitute chicory stuff :emotion-44:

In the tearooms and parlours of this great city, we shall never forget the teas that saw us steadfastly through to the end...Twining' :emotion-19: s OoLong loose leaf

• Like 2

Tarheel, my new friend.

Today, I'mma put petro into the car of a bella donna! Im a smitin"

Butta, she tella me that her heart belonga to a man named "Tarheel." I'mma ask you, what kind of a man is namea "Tarheel?" You gotta some competition Mr. Tarheel! :ph34r:  :ph34r: :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  

Edited by eth2
  • Like 6