Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
Eldon, Mine is Windows 8 and I plug the DAC into the USB port.....bring up Spotify and play music. The premium package upgrades to a higher resolution. I am computer illiterate so maybe someone else will chime in. I don't even know how to cut and paste and I really wanted to post the Levon Helm song/video "When I Go Away" for the Boxx tribute tomorrow. Maybe Joe or Earl or one of the other smart guys will assist me getting that done?

Thanks Tarheel, I only know enough about computers to be dangerous, I don't even know if the 48khz is ok for listening, I think it's a little low. I do have this USB audio converter that connects to the USB and outputs higher rates through different cable or optical but it's only good on windows XP or 7 and not on 8. Computers with windows 7 are more expensive than with the 8 version, It's always something.

About cutting and pasting, It seems like every time I try to cut and paste like Joe just did it gives me a link and not the video.

• Like 2

54 F. in my Den when we woke up

54 is not really cold, but inside it sure feels cold when waking up, just be careful with the heater sucking the oxygen out of the room. Had that happen in a greenhouse we had, you first notice a slight headache which worsens and then you start to get dizzy, I would guess what happens next is not good.

Not cold @ all for an experienced field soldier; but, I'm getting soft with all this "tipi livin'"...& I don't want Lee to get bronchitis, again...

Lots of Air in this room; but I'm very careful; don't even like to leave the room to go to the little boys room.

• Like 3

• Moderators

That's true, I forgot he had bronchitis a while back, if I remember he was in the hospital for it, you don' want him to go through that again.

I found out about heaters with an open flame in that green house, I went to check the temp in the middle of the night and make sure the heater was still on. I started to get a headache in like 5 minutes so I went back in the house, after being out of it I noticed I was slightly dizzy. I went back in the morning realizing what happened to turn off the heater and noticed all the leaves on every plant was curled up. the oxygen got so low it was affecting the plants, that's pretty bad. 

Glad your watching it.

• Like 3

Yep Joe that's it.  Levon was one of Old Buckster's favorites as well.  If you are available to post that from me for Boxx on the tribute around 5:00 or so I would appreciate it.

Joe this is the spinach pie recipe you requested.

2 medium sweet onions

32 oz. bag of chopped frozen spinach

5 eggs

3 cups grated cheddar or your favorite cheese

Dash of Paprika

Salt to taste

Sautee one onion in a large pan with a little olive oil

Add the chopped spinach and heat through pouring off excess liquid

let cool a bit

In a large bowl mix the eggs and cheese together

Mix in the spinach/onion mixture with the eggs/cheese

Pour this into a 9 inch pie dish and smooth to fill the dish (I first spray the dish with Pam)

Slice the second onion into fairly thin slices and place on top of the pie

Dust the top with Paprika

Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes

Remove from oven and sprinkle grated cheese on top

Cook for ten more minutes

Let cool and serve!

I have also made this with fresh spinach ut it cooks down a lot so you need a good quantity.  I have also mixed kale with the spinach.  Another idea is sliced tomatoes or mushrooms on top.

No fat in the spinach and the whole dish is low carb.

Enjoy!

• Like 2

Yep Joe that's it.  Levon was one of Old Buckster's favorites as well.  If you are available to post that from me for Boxx on the tribute around 5:00 or so I would appreciate it.

Joe this is the spinach pie recipe you requested.

2 medium sweet onions

32 oz. bag of chopped frozen spinach

5 eggs

3 cups grated cheddar or your favorite cheese

Dash of Paprika

Salt to taste

Sautee one onion in a large pan with a little olive oil

Add the chopped spinach and heat through pouring off excess liquid

let cool a bit

In a large bowl mix the eggs and cheese together

Mix in the spinach/onion mixture with the eggs/cheese

Pour this into a 9 inch pie dish and smooth to fill the dish (I first spray the dish with Pam)

Slice the second onion into fairly thin slices and place on top of the pie

Dust the top with Paprika

Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes

Remove from oven and sprinkle grated cheese on top

Cook for ten more minutes

Let cool and serve!

I have also made this with fresh spinach ut it cooks down a lot so you need a good quantity.  I have also mixed kale with the spinach.  Another idea is sliced tomatoes or mushrooms on top.

No fat in the spinach and the whole dish is low carb.

Enjoy!

Going to try this one out very soon, Thank you

• Like 1

So many prayers and good wishes ... thank you guys. each and every one of you. ( I was trying to 'like' everything and finally skipped to the end to write this).

We are grateful. Check back soon. Chuck.

P.s. Tarheel - has Jake reviewed your recipe?

• Like 1

I have no idea really, must be the hat ? I wish I was as cool as that monkey, or BSM. :(

More Klipsch please, I went to your website, nice looking shop, myself I would much rather go to a shop like yours than a dealer.  :emotion-21:

Thanks dtel......me and the wife do have fun, most people that come through the front door find out quickly we are not your regular-old auto shop........then again when was the last time you went to a auto shop that has KP362's a bad a$$ Carver amp driving them a two Velodyne's in the sevice bay.....oh yea.

We have had new customers come in and within 10 to 15 min they might say something like......."I have never been to a shop like this", or......it is true what i've head about you guys.......you guys are crazy..... in a good way...lol lol

People don't want bullshit

People don't want to be screwed over

People want the truth and most people will be more than happy to pay a fair price.

Now on the flip side of the coin......there are some you can not make happy..and if your a a$$ hole.......well let's just say I have no problem to send ya packing........

In 16+ plus years of having my shop I have fired 5 customers.

But I do have great customet base......most are really good peeps :-)

• Like 5

Parts came in for Boat batt box project, so a bit of a late evening :wacko:

Made a pot of the Dickinsons Blend three hours ago and spaced it :o 

So now i sit here with the box Done enjoying the grind w/Duggans :P

Now by god i can get some wiring done, i hate waiting for parts.

post-57941-0-54420000-1420787849_thumb.j

• Like 7

• Moderators
me and the wife do have fun, most people that come through the front door find out quickly we are not your regular-old auto shop........

Good for you, sounds like a good shop and I agree with what you said and your right if you are fair with people they appreciate it. Most people are happy to just not get ripped off and are willing to pay a fair price.

Have fun, a job doesn't have to be a pain, the works hard enough already.

• Like 4

Hey Chad....I'm going to need some more "likes" today!  Already read many good post and have used my quota and its only 6:45 am.

Heading down the road with four friends for a little field trip to this dumpy little store next to a river in the next county......bar-b-que on the menu.  Only a half hour each way.

25 degrees headed to a high of 40 today.

Need a second cup.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 9

mornin' guys. Snowy morning in Denver metro but should warm up later. Aubrey is doing fairly well but probably another 2 nights in the hospital. Looks like it's part of a respiratory virus hitting kids and old folks primarily and spreading through our state and others. ABC did a piece on it.

Hopefully we'll be back to 'normal' (whatever that is) shortly. Happy Friday and cheers to all.

• Like 7