Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Belated greetings guys. My sometimes music playing buddy is in the hospital for MRI after several falls and now we gotta run to the in-laws. Not the ideal Sunday but at least I/we can help out. Saw the beard Duder. Pretty good. I have a goatee and really need it since I have more hair on my face (and ears and nose) than on my head these days. Cheers to all.

• Like 6

Bought a Hario Skerton manual coffee grinder yesterday from a new local business, along with his freshly roasted Papua New Guinea.  Very much like the grinder, even though it does take a couple of minutes to grind it properly, but not thrilled with the PNG.  Somewhat high in acid, and not as dark as I like....oh well, I'll finish the bag then back to my Honduran.  He told me he would be on the lookout for the Monsoon Malabar.

I use the same grinder, although did not get it locally heres a link

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001802PIQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That kitchen aid sure looks nice, We have the stand mixer heavy duty beast to be sure,  I off to see if I can bake some decent biscuits in a dutch oven  :D

• Like 4

Dtel, looks like a great time.  I now know where to go for a good party, maybe I ought to get a bus and drive it down there picking up Klipsch members on the way.

What a lazy day which was well needed.  Dog is sleeping on my lap, I have 2 slabs of ribs in the smoker and listening to good tunes. Maybe a nap here or there.

• Like 5

Very nice grinder Gary!  

tnr.....no more guitar lessons since the first two.  Doing some from YouTube but it's really slow going.  Thanks for asking though.  I will give it a year.

We've got some serious coffee drinkers here. 

Guess we should mention cables since audio came up.  Anybody like their cables?  If you tie them in a knot does it slow the music tempo?

• Like 4

So … how long can you store the unground beans before they’re no longer any good?  I like coffee; but, am the stereotypical bachelor -- no cooking. Isn’t that why we work? To get money to pay other people to do the stuff that we don’t want to do?  

​I’m impressed with you guys though--keep up the good work… for the longest time i hoped that i become normal someday; but, that’s proving to be a fading dream.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 1

Very nice grinder Gary!  

tnr.....no more guitar lessons since the first two.  Doing some from YouTube but it's really slow going.  Thanks for asking though.  I will give it a year.

Guess we should mention cables since audio came up.  Anybody like their cables?  If you tie them in a knot does it slow the music tempo?

I took a few lessons when I was 33...remember saying to myself, "I ought to be pretty good by the time I'm 40".  I'm now 51 and still suck, but I am still trying and when my guitar is in my hands I drink less.  I'm giving it a better run this year.  You have to attempt to play songs you like and not just boring exercises, all though important.  Keep it going!  Maybe Stew will help us stay motivated.

• Like 4

Thank you again for your compliments (everyone) on the KitchenAid bur machine...   (OT, you need one of these !)

It is a take off on their original design back in the day...   

Hear you on the KA mixers.    As many know me from the Fine Food and Music forum, there are basically two kitchens in one here.  So, yes, two KA stand mixers at two stations.  One is a 'tilt back' in cobalt blue, and the other is the 6 quart 'professional' in white with side crank and all steel gears.  So noisy on high speed, you don't have conversations when it is running :) !

.....gw

PS.  Todd, vegetarian here, but I will say I appreciate your efforts to get a foodie photo.  we need MORE over in FF&M  ;)

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 2

Very nice grinder Gary!  

Hope you stay with it. For me, the key was learning the scales and chords that go with them. That's really all you'd need to play well enough to have fun. I've been at it a long time but I'm still learning all the time. Tell Jake  that Baxter sez 'yo.

• Like 2

So … how long can you store the unground beans before they’re no longer any good?

Depends on how they're being stored.  If you open the bag and store them in the grinder, I'd be sure to use them up in a week.  They're certainly usable after that but not as fresh tasting (to me).

• Like 2

Todd....who is the handsome dog in your avatar? 

Hang in there Carl.  The older I get the more the mornings after are harder to take.

Chuck.....Jake says hey to Baxter!

LF and I walked the critter while discussing our guitar progress (or lack there of).  We both are committed to the full year. 

The LF does a lot better job with tablescapes Gary so I'll take my camera to her house.  Maybe come up with some photos.  She has one of those Green Egg grills by the way. 

Nice party pics dtel......you are a great host.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 4