I was once out drinking one very cold winter's night

When I thought I'd lay myself down to rest

In a big hill of deep snow

I laid there in the cold and felt frost caressing my face

As I fell asleep and dreamed

I dreamed I was visited by archeologists of the future

This really blew my mind when they asked about this fossil they found……. :huh:

_ cassette year-2200.jpg

Yep, now that my Rip Van Winkle moment has passed, sure seems to be the right time for that pot of hot coffee....... :blink2: 

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 7

Yes, that is a real pisser Carl!

At first, thought those wires/cables were shaped in the form of a coffee cup. Early yet. First cup. New Iconic look for topic. Have strange half thoughts at times. More coffee. :emotion-44:

Thinking that all coffee bean types would work for a cold rendering, as long as roasted. There is something appealing about the idea of concentrated coffee ready to go with a heatup. :emotion-44:

Work today and tomorrow. Guess I can call it that. :unsure2:

Friend that is in Minnesota for a few months now speaks of having a plugin device that, I suppose protects the block of car. Guessing the radiator gets some benefit as well(?) :unsure2:

Nancy is asking me if I want to go to Maine in August for a niece's wedding. Her sister may go with her instead but, doesn't like to fly.

Missed a trip to DC years ago with my Ex due to hunting season. She went Amtrak. Sometimes have regretted my decision as a modern trainride would maybe be a hoot. :unsure2:

Guess we still have an option to do Amtrak from Florida to around Old Town , Maine. :unsure2:

Of course guess we could do car trip. :unsure2:

Enjoying the posting here :emotion-21: !

• Like 3

Feeling a little guilty this morning. I'm enjoying my nice warm coffee while the wind continues to howl. I feel bad because getting the dog (Great Dane) to go outside right now is an understandable negation process. I open the door and he looks at me like "are you serious?" I'm very sympathetic but all I can offer is to advise him to go deeper into the trees for as much wind block as possible.

The gusts to 75mph have the house sounding like we're on the rocking ship in Master and Commander. We still have power and for that I am very grateful. Happy Saturday all!

• Like 4

Wow Dave, that is really something!  75 mph winds would have me VERY concerned with my two 90' pines on the front lawn !   Guess your home is used to that kind of wind pressure?  No cracks in the joints ?

Calm with light snow flurrys for the moment.  Going to get outside shortly to slowblow a 'hallway' on the front and rear lawns so that I may walk and use my roof rake...   Have another 10 to 16 inches coming to the NE. over the next day or two!

Anyone else ?

Ok, I'll check in a bit later..

..............gw

• Like 3

• Moderators
Anyone else ?

Uh NO, 67 today with the lowest high temp this week at 61, it's going to be brutal as Big stew man out in California would say.

Sorry about the mug, , thought it was cool looking. :(

• Like 3

Afternoon guys.....

Late start today, just downed my 2nd cup. Was up late last night and didn't leave the shop till 10:30. I've been working on my new toolbox/toolcart, been making a metal worktop for it.

Oh Gary the broken mug.....that sucks.....one of my prized mugs got broken a few years back. It was one of my Honda mugs that I got from the Honda training center way back in 1987. It had my name on it we got these when traing was done. I did glue it back together and it's on my desk with pens in it.

Chuck my man I am with you with the painting thing........I do not paint......well the only painting I do is spray can or spray gun lol lol

Joe it sounds like your on a "crazy train"...... lol lol.....keep it rolling.....

OK guys I'm going to roll out to the shop....check in later...

MKP :-)

• Like 2

• Moderators
Don't be too concerned about Carl's loss of income. OT tells me Carl owns a big portion of Texas

Between him and Thaddeus you right, but they keep telling me everything in Texas is bigger so who knows ?  :o

Gary I'm painting the room a Golden Cactus Flower.....trying to not be as conservative as previous attempts. The large foyer will be Golden Kiwi.....a bit lighter. The gold tone will pick up the fine line in the fabric of the dining room chairs.

Good looking room, it's no wonder you snagged a female :o  :D Glad the white is going. :emotion-21:

• Like 3

Just go to the Sherwin Williams site and click on visualizer.  You have to take pictures of your room and load them. Choose the paint you are considering and click and drag over to your room photos.  Its a little crude but you get an idea. 

My painter works in a Benjamin Moore paint store and paints on the side for about $10-12 bucks an hour.  I hate to paint so its worth it to have him do it.

Thanks, Chuck. Would your painter come to Colorado?? Great rate. Also Benjamin Moore paint is an all-time favorite, although not cheap. I'm not real handy in a lot of respects, but painting was something I used to be good at until my back got messed up. I just hate paying top dollar for it!!

• Like 3

Morning Gang

Just got in from 30+ hrs babysitting a disaster assistance center up north, need Nap.

My assistance hours are filled for the month, Up near and on, BealAFB loading trucks with empty ready-to-go sandbags.

My worst Coffee is better than ANY military coffee, even Duggans did not help it, gave the Duggans to a Loadmaster who seemed to love the stuff in his Coffee.

The Funding for this Disaster asst, comes from Homeland security, through CalFire, then local control is handled by the Sheriffs Dept who we take our orders from, an easy way to stay a sworn Deputy in later years.

• Like 5

Wow, the soundcard in the new dell is pretty decent into my Marantz sr7500(used)...not the first skip/stutter to be heard on my 5.5's...sortof hard to stop and get ready for the ole job. Doing the checking out AV receivers for 2 channel thing. :)

• Like 3

Chuck the Benjamin Moore Regal was $59.00/gal.  Ouch!  But two gallons for the walls will do it.  Then the foyer, plus ceiling and trim paint. 

Sat out on the porch in shorts and no shirt for an hour @66 degrees.  Jake is tuckered after the dog park.  LF playing tennis.

Hang in there dtel....winter will be over soon.

• Like 5

Coffee.Duggans going well, mail is in, today from Bulgaria a fully assembled timer network :emotion-21:

At this point, i think i have everything needed in the Panic Button Network.

Was going to jump right in fire up the solder iron, and crank some tunes, however i just remembered the wife is down for a nap.

Thinking of what i can do without making too much noise, Pouring a wee Bit of the SingleMalt does not make to much DB.   

post-57941-0-08600000-1423340446_thumb.j

• Like 5

Oh NOOOOOO! Is that a BOSE music making machine I see there!

We had a great day fishing on Lake Guntersville!

Auston%20getting%20a%20bite_zpsmfgdmjwv.

I love this picture and I love fishing!  Was this taken today, yesterday, or for that matter any time in the last two months?  This is major fuel for relocating.  I sold my ice auger and shanty in December.  Ice fishing only keeps us Northern folks from going crazy.  Your boy looks into it and ready to set the hook!  How did you do?

• Like 5

Evening gang, or the one or two still up.

in the cave, R&D on the Panic button project, going well :emotion-21:

Major Dickinsons Blend fired up two hours ago, i will see no sleep tonight :ohmy:

I see a MillDrill in my future, that would be a Drill press that has table/speed for lite milling :emotion-21:

Iv been using a drill press and jigs, that's ok, i was rusty on rigging whatever iv got to do whatever it takes to get the task DONE!

Mechanical rack is 75% done (the second Surprise after the button is pushed) :emotion-21: 

End of summer i took most of my shop equip to my hanger up Reno way. 

• Like 7