Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

Mail lady passed and there was a box from Oldtimer, I forgot, we talked about it but never knew she ordered it.  

I will try it again tonight, can't wait.

Beautiful pic!  I might have to use it for an advertisement.

Thanks, help yourself, I was just sitting here trying your sauce on some smoked chicken.

It's not fair, I had all three open, and kept going back and forth and still couldn't pick a favorite, ran out of chicken, will have to repeat the test another time.

I wanted to tell you they are really good, they have a fresh flavor, you can taste different things not just the peppers like most sauces.  Just the right amount of heat to be easily used, I'm not a fan of really crazy hot sauces, this is perfect. 

• Like 4

Evening Gang

Iced Sun Tea, same overall Amp/effect as Coffee :emotion-21:

On the Bay, dam near all day  :ohmy:  bought some extended servo cables and all kinds of design upgrades for Mr Crow :emotion-21:

Wife seems to have a little more energy, a few days after getting that nasty tooth yanked :emotion-21:

Kitchen flyby two hours ago and fresh Banana cream pie sittin there  :emotion-25: 

Just made another kitchen visit and Spinich Qeish Loraine is on the venue :emotion-25: 

Oh yeah, her Ks have been pumping Celtic for the last few hours  :blush:   

• Like 7

And my humble 2 channel camping rig.

Now that's some solid, and good looking speaker stands, good work. B)

Yes, and then you can split em and heat your house in the fall!  Is that a Sansui?

• Like 5

• Moderators

Is that a Sansui?

Why yes it is.

I thought it was, had a 8080 when they first came out, it was my first real stereo. I love that thing but much later when multichannel came in I gave it to a friend and went AVR, pro logic back then. :wacko:  Wish I had that Sansui now.  :(

• Like 6

• Moderators

Evening Gang

Iced Sun Tea, same overall Amp/effect as Coffee :emotion-21:

On the Bay, dam near all day  :ohmy:  bought some extended servo cables and all kinds of design upgrades for Mr Crow :emotion-21:

Wife seems to have a little more energy, a few days after getting that nasty tooth yanked :emotion-21:

Kitchen flyby two hours ago and fresh Banana cream pie sittin there  :emotion-25:

Just made another kitchen visit and Spinich Qeish Loraine is on the venue :emotion-25:

Oh yeah, her Ks have been pumping Celtic for the last few hours  :blush:   

Your terrible, you sound like me, you plan everything like I do. :o  What you want to do today and what there is to eat, everything else comes after those, it's great.  :D

• Like 4

O.K....think we are making progress...hot & cold valves are clean.  Tub spout and shower head removed.  Trying to rooter up through the tub spout pipe and down the shower head to between the hot & cold where it "T's" up to the shower.  Wire is too rigid.  The better half got our spool of Stihl line trimmer line.  Still can't make the bend.  Any ideas as to what to use to get through there?  We need something with a round head on it to make the 90 degree turns.

Nest step, maybe turn the water off again and remove the hot & cold valves and try to go through both of those to the middle??

Two-handle_faucets.jpg

Edited by tnr
  • Like 3

• Moderators

I know this will sound crazy, what about turning on the water (for a second) with the valves out. :o Thought it might blow out what ever is clogging it up being wide open ?

Or if you have a compressor blow air in the other direction to break it up ?

Just guessing, as you can see ;)

Hope you have better luck than I did with a kitchen faucet. I broke a PVC line out in the yard and repaired it, later that day the kitchen faucet clogged, removed it and tried everything I could think of but nothing worked and I had to replace it. I guess a piece of PVC from cutting or dirt got in the line and stopped in the faucet ? :angry:

• Like 3

I know this will sound crazy, what about turning on the water (for a second) with the valves out. :o Thought it might blow out what ever is clogging it up being wide open ?

Or if you have a compressor blow air in the other direction to break it up ?

Just guessing, as you can see ;)

Hope you have better luck than I did with a kitchen faucet. I broke a PVC line out in the yard and repaired it, later that day the kitchen faucet clogged, removed it and tried everything I could think of but nothing worked and I had to replace it. I guess a piece of PVC from cutting or dirt got in the line and stopped in the faucet ? :angry:

Not crazy at all...tried that the first time and will do it again.  Thought about the compressor, but didn't try it, but 3 minds work better than one...here we go.  Will report back in a bit.

• Like 3

Is that a Sansui?

Why yes it is.

I looked yesterday, Pic is a little fuzzy on my end, but now that i go back and look, it's is an 8080, i bought mine in yokosuka Japan in 74, had that thing up to about three years ago.

Reminds me of just how good they built things back in the 70s.

1st wife had a plant on top of it, and yes the water went straight into the top vent, dump the water out and dried it out for two weeks, fired it up and it ran for almost 30 years.

Got rid of that wife shortly after that too....... :emotion-21: :emotion-21: :emotion-21:

• Like 5

Is that a Sansui?

Why yes it is.

I looked yesterday, Pic is a little fuzzy on my end, but now that i go back and look, it's is an 8080, i bought mine in yokosuka Japan in 74, had that thing up to about three years ago.

Reminds me of just how good they built things back in the 70s.

1st wife had a plant on top of it, and yes the water went straight into the top vent, dump the water out and dried it out for two weeks, fired it up and it ran for almost 30 years.

Got rid of that wife shortly after that too....... :emotion-21: :emotion-21: :emotion-21:

That alone could be just cause for "wife #1".

Still not flowing right. Throwing in (and at) the towel for the night.

I am wondering if that one piece hot/cold cross piece is just toast.  After removing the valves again and turning the water back on with them removed, got a small chunk of solder or brass through.  Is this cross piece made of brass or what?  Maybe it is just gunked up beyond the point of clearing.  If that's the case, it will have to wait for a full remodel.

10:45 already?  My, how time flies when your having so much "fun"...Yep, plumbing sucks!

Edited by tnr
  • Like 5

Not a plumber but, you just about have it fixed. Rest will give you fresh insight to figure it through, hoping.

One of those things plumbing. Water is not overrated, and is missed when no convenient for sure.

Anyway pulling for you. At least with me, when I would be well up against it with a job, I would get tired and not be able to think and make mistakes. Should have thrown it in myself. Good job imo

Wish they made mild hot sauce but, afraid there is no such thing.

Edited by billybob
  • Like 5

That is a nice pic there dtel. Got a  new camera recently but need some practice. Sold my cycle with it on craig's however.

Is OT's hot sauce mild enough? Habenero awhile back about put my lights out in public. If I could have spoken, I would have asked for milk. Really, that green hot sauce looks smooth.

Anyways, some coffee and preouts to amp.

Haven't been using the icons bar as computer was unfamiliar Soundcard good enough straight into Marantz, for now. lol

• Like 6

Mornin all. Just got caught up on yesterday. More confirmation of why I should NEVER touch plumbing.

Happy Birthday, MKP!! Have a great day. 

Our trip to Germany is a little later this week so I probably will drop off for a while. Will try to check in some time after we get there. Still have a lot of trip prep to do amidst household chaos with the painter. This too will pass, Cheers everyone.

• Like 7

Good Monday Morning

HB to MKP, take the day off MKP, go buy something you have been wanting.

Coffee should be perked by now.......ahh yes :emotion-21::emotion-44:
Couple fat skeeters visited the the cave last night, been looking at building another Skeeter trap.

Everytime i buid one some Bud talks me out of it.

70s+ today, Since i dont do Mondays anymore this will be a pretty mellow day. :emotion-44:  :emotion-44:  :emotion-44: 

• Like 7