Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Many years ago I won an auction on ebay for a box of R2R tapes.  About 35 Maxell 7" and 6 Maxell 10" reels.  A lady was selling the tapes and a R2R deck that belonged to her late husband.  Bluesbou won the deck auction and I got the tapes.  Since most were recorded at low speed (3.75 ips) I never bothered to listen to them.  Yesterday I opened one and found a couple of sheets of braille. 

If someone could take a look and tell me what it says I would appreciate it.

post-17365-0-35460000-1433168693_thumb.j

post-17365-0-53660000-1433168706_thumb.j

post-17365-0-06020000-1433168721_thumb.j

post-17365-0-73980000-1433168735_thumb.j

• Like 7

Good Mid Morning

Payin bills, drinkin fresh ground, and thinkin about going to visit some local hobby shops, (i have not been in one since age 10) surplus stores are much more fun.

In Norcal since moving here 23 years ago, the ONLY withdrawals i have from Socal, is the surplus venue.

In Socal, Ten store/warehouses, in Norcal, one.

Farm run Tuesday, slamming outlets in the Barn, maybe some lighting.

Reminds me to dig out surplus electrical junk :o 

Web Pic find:

post-57941-0-12460000-1433173897_thumb.j

• Like 8

Morning gang....

Thanks for the HB's.....should be a good day...like I said wife closed the shop.....will be doing the grilling thing today.

Just stared my 1st cup.....slept in today, was up late last night watching dumb a$$ crapp.

Yea Mark me and the wife went to the Home Depot yesterday I got a new Echo leaf blower/sucker. I needed a hand held unit to blow the stuff off the roof and to get under the deck. I got a bad a$$ Stihl back pack blower but I can't crawl under the deck with on my back.

I was going to get a Stihl but the Stihl dealer ship was closed. I think Echo makes some good stuff. I see most of the landscape guys have Echo or Stihl...

Chuck we must find out what that says....for sure........Ya know years ago I was going through the drive through at my bank....My daughter was in the back of the truck.....she said to me, hey daddy what's that stuff with all those dots on it....It was a plate with braille on it. I told her that was braille and it was for blind people, it tells them how to use the machine....a few seconds later she says..why would blind people be driving???? That was one of those hmmmm moments..

Good call on walking away from the plumbing job......I have to do that at the shop sometimes for sure...

OK guys...well I have nothing to do today so I'm going to get started  lol lol

A good day to all

MKP :-)

• Like 6

Billy Bob, have you tried Cholula hot sauce?

Flavorful but certainly not hot.  It's great when you mix it with ketchup for French fry dip. 

Yes thanks I have and thanks for the reminder. Usually have some around as Nancy likes it hot. Just now looked and there is an unopened bottle of Cholula Chili Lime flavor she must have recently spied at the grocer. Certainly likes hotter than Cholula but she puts it on anything, she can find.

Will try it again...thanks, mellow and flavorful...like the sound of that.

Cannot see the braille to be able to begin to read it, if I could in the first place.

• Like 6

Billy Bob, have you tried Cholula hot sauce?

Flavorful but certainly not hot.  It's great when you mix it with ketchup for French fry dip. 

Yes thanks I have and thanks for the reminder. Usually have some around as Nancy likes it hot. Just now looked and there is an unopened bottle of Cholula Chili Lime flavor she must have recently spied at the grocer. Certainly likes hotter than Cholula but she puts it on anything, she can find.

Will try it again...thanks, mellow and flavorful...like the sound of that.

Cannot see the braille to be able to begin to read it, if I could in the first place.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/156609-oldtimers-hot-sauce/page-7#entry1881993

It's not as mild as Cholula but it's not as hot as my normal brew.

• Like 3

• Moderators
Is OT's hot sauce mild enough?

I would say (a complete guess) it's about as hot as most regular sauces like Louisiana, Crystal and Sriracha and not quite as hot as tabasco.

Which is pretty mild compared to some of the crazy sauces out there, I like flavor not just burn.

It's good sauce, Oldtimer did well, wish I had a gallon. :D  

• Like 3

• Moderators
That is a nice pic there dtel. Got a new camera recently but need some practice.

Thanks, is it a DSLR or a smaller camera ?  Practice never ends and no matter how hard you try really good pic's just seem to happen when you least expect it. 

Edited by dtel
  • Like 3

• Moderators

If you are ever in a Sams store look for this, it's really good, a little spicy but it has a really good flavor.

Robert Rothschild is the brand, and they call it Chili lime Sauce              just try one bottle you won't be sorry

post-9700-0-12020000-1433183094_thumb.jp

Edited by dtel
  • Like 4

About an hour ago or so I got some tubing to pour some The Works down the shower head, with the tub spout pipe capped so it sits there and works at it.  May need to get some Roto-Rooter drain clog remover.  Comes in a gel or liquid.  Anyone have any good reports from using it?  Anyway, just went back in there and didn't realize what I created...things are getting kinky now.   :ohmy:

002_zps6hknttbr.jpg

• Like 6

You couldn't get the tub spout off?

I got the tub spout off and tried rooting up there.  My wife is picking up a longer (20 foot) rooter thing from Walmart.  I haven't seen it yet, but hoping it has a rounded end to get past the 90 degree bends.  Will likley remove the valves again and try going through there again with this new rooter thingy.

• Like 5