Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I enjoyed my coffee while wiring up trailer lights on my Jeep Cherokee.

Butt splices, Bah!! :o

I usually prefer to solder and heat shrink, heck if I could get the sockets for the plugs I would use those.  Which thinking about it a good crimp on a good butt connector, should be just as good as a oem crimped connector.  These are good butt splices with heat shrink, I wouldn't use regular butt splices.

• Like 4

Yes...we have water flow, just not the pressure you would expect.  My well pressure tank gauge is at 40 and I may need to run through the "adjusting pre-charge" steps, and check the actual pressure at the top of the tank valve.  Didn't think this was the problem though, because we have decent pressure at the bathroom and kitchen sinks, and the basement shower.

• Like 6

Yes...we have water flow, just not the pressure you would expect.  My well pressure tank gauge is at 40 and I may need to run through the "adjusting pre-charge" steps, and check the actual pressure at the top of the tank valve.  Didn't think this was the problem though, because we have decent pressure at the bathroom and kitchen sinks, and the basement shower.

Is this tap farthest away from well tank? Sure you have already covered but, a simple test for low pressure to tap is to shut off all other taps and test while well pump cycling, for comparison.

Edited by billybob
  • Like 3

My memory is horrible and I may be wrong but I think you lose 7psi for every 10 ft you go up (please fact check me on this as I may be wrong).  Is your shower on the 2'nd floor and pump in the basement?

• Like 3

This shower/tub is on the main floor almost directly above the well pressure tank and main water run.  It's a pretty small, simple house with all the plumbing on one side of the house.  The kitchen and main bath are directly above the water well pressure tank, water heater and water softener.  The run from the pressure tank to the bathroom tub/shower is probably only 15 - 20 feet.  We replaced the pressure tank about 5-7 years ago.

Right, Carl, we could not get that 1/4" rooter cable past the bend.  I did get a 1/4" zip tie up through the tub spout, past the elbow and up to between the hot and cold valves. Hitting something hard up there, and some rust coming out.  I am wondering if that piece has some hard calcified deposits in it.  That one piece cross pipe from hot to cold horizontally may be clogged up beyond the point of clearing.  Saw something on Youtube with a guy talking about a "mistake plate"...a short cut for band-aiding  the tile area to avoid a total gut and re-tile job.

Good grief!   :wacko:

• Like 4

This shower/tub is on the main floor almost directly above the well pressure tank and main water run.  It's a pretty small, simple house with all the plumbing on one side of the house.  The kitchen and main bath are directly above the water well pressure tank, water heater and water softener.  The run from the pressure tank to the bathroom tub/shower is probably only 15 - 20 feet.  We replaced the pressure tank about 5-7 years ago.

Right, Carl, we could not get that 1/4" rooter cable past the bend.  I did get a 1/4" zip tie up through the tub spout, past the elbow and up to between the hot and cold valves. Hitting something hard up there, and some rust coming out.  I am wondering if that piece has some hard calcified deposits in it.  That one piece cross pipe from hot to cold horizontally may be clogged up beyond the point of clearing.  Saw something on Youtube with a guy talking about a "mistake plate"...a short cut for band-aiding  the tile area to avoid a total gut and re-tile job.

Good grief!   :wacko:

Iv been watcin this conversation on and off all day, and from what i see is up with your piping, my guess is it's 30+ yeas old and Galvinized pipe through out ?

• Like 2

• Moderators
Didn't think this was the problem though,

I don't either but hope you get it fixed soon, if you don't have another bathroom you should be past ripe by now. :o

Couldn't help it, I'd use a hose in the yard before going without.........wait I did worse, jumped in the pond with some soap, sure was better than nothing. :huh:

• Like 4

Iv been watcin this conversation on and off all day, and from what i see is up with your piping, my guess is it's 30+ yeas old and Galvinized pipe through out ?

Good guess, but no it is copper pipe, but I don't know if that cross critter behind the shower wall is galvanized, brass or what?

I don't either but hope you get it fixed soon, if you don't have another bathroom you should be past ripe by now.   Couldn't help it, I'd use a hose in the yard before going without.........wait I did worse, jumped in the pond with some soap, sure was better than nothing.

After Katrina we were forced to use pond water to bathe as there was no electricity to power the pump. Gasoline was no where to be found to power generators. All in all...we made do, for almost two weeks.

Luckily we have been using the shower in the basement for the last year +.  We can relate to bathing in the pond though.  We had to resort to that 2 summers ago when the power was out for 4 days.  Nice to have ponds.  Even though we have a small, generator, it was not enough to power the well pump, so buckets of water from the ponds to flush the toilet and bathe in the pond.  But tow weeks would get old.  You are definitely right...better than nothing!!  Katrina must have been unbelievably challenging.  To keep with the cable theme for this thread, I was told Katrina put a great speaker wire company out of business...Sound King?  Likely hundreds of business' may not have rebounded.

• Like 5

Good Tuesday morning my friends................ :emotion-44:  :emotion-44:

Todd, hope you get to the plumbing problem soon, been watching with interest..

A couple things.......   OT.  hot sauce looks great, do you what the Scoville numbers for your sauces are ?  I was thinking of assembling a photo of all the sauces I have here in order of their 'hot' factor just for fun  :smile: ..  I have a few that are over the top !!, but the flavours are wonderful... :emotion-21:

Also, we have had 3 days of MUCH needed rain...   My new outdoor speakers have been getting their first real soaking, went out and took some photos of the drenched grills as the rain still falls this morning.    There is wifi at the college in NH. where we are tuning  the organ and I will try to send some photos should I get a chance..

Enjoy your day........ :emotion-29:

.............Gary

• Like 6

I am wondering if that piece has some hard calcified deposits in it.

Very possible.  Pulling it would be your best option (unfortunately).  If that's the case you need to decide if you want to do just this repair or a major overhaul.

• Like 3

Lol, now she said it needs a new motor too, for the $8000. I wished her luck with her sale on craig'slist .

Are you currently looking for a car?

Yes I am! Used! Cheap! Getting tired of 1 car when we are a 2 car family.

• Like 2

Is OT's hot sauce mild enough?

I would say (a complete guess) it's about as hot as most regular sauces like Louisiana, Crystal and Sriracha and not quite as hot as tabasco.

Which is pretty mild compared to some of the crazy sauces out there, I like flavor not just burn.

It's good sauce, Oldtimer did well, wish I had a gallon. :D  

Thinking just about right then, as I can take it warm. Must be good stuff. Any preferred yet of the 3?

It's not as mild as Cholula but it's not as hot as my normal brew.

Thanks OT!

• Like 3