Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Hey Todd....just trying to make up for the 7 years before I got him.  He is a mellow boy and holds no grudges from the past.  My year with Jake has been great....even the baths when we both get drenched or the daily floor cleaning because of shedding.  Don't know what I did without him :)  And yes he sometimes eats better than I do. 

post-17365-0-17700000-1433602991_thumb.j

• Like 8

Morning gang...

Off to the shop soon coffee done..... but 1st a quick hey...

I'll be working on one of Suzuki Samurai's today getting it ready to sell... these things get good money when there nice...and this is a nice one.

In the last three weeks me and the wife put over $3000 in our mouth... got no dental so it went on plastic... gotta pay the plastic off..

So yea Mark me and the wife just went to dinner and met this audio guy...my new audio buddy. He sent me a e-mail telling us there was this cool jazz band playing and we should come. I'm like.... dude I'm old and gotta work, my be next time...He also invited me over his house where he has a recording studio. The next time he has some guys laying tracks he would hit me up.. Yea that's gonna be so cool...

Chuck, Jake looks like he is very happy.. keep feeding him good and love him. We have no dogs but I do like dogs. My yongest daughter works at a kennel and she brings dogs home to visit with us. Last week she bought a blind doberman to visit with us...he was a very nice dog.

OK gang I'll check in later gotta roll.....a good day to all...

MKP :-)

• Like 8

Good morning coffee gang..... Lots caught up on.... Lots of activity here :0)

Breakfast with Melitta drip coffee vs. the perc that I've been playing around with past few weeks... Kitchen cleaned up, time to mow and vac the rear lawn..... Water deck plants..

Outdoor system playing loudly 'Watercolours' on SXM for us, and our neighbors ;0)

I took this photo last week on a drive by... Take a look at the marquise and you can see who is on the theatre stage TONIGHT ! This is not far up the street from me.. Have seen many great groups at the venue.. You can also see that Keb Mo is coming this way also...

All for now, Saturday chores are calling ;0)

........Gary

PS. Todd, RTM tonight?image.jpg1_262.jpg

• Like 9

Took the Teac X-7 to Smithfield, NC to a tech there who is hopefully going to repair it. Then maybe I will move the Pioneer SX-950, the Teac, and the McIntosh ML-1C speakers to the bedroom for another system. 

While in Smithfield I stopped by the White Swan for BBQ.  Suppose to be in the top 25 restaurants in the SE.  Pretty standard fare for small town BBQ joints but I will go back by to sample their ribs when I go back to pick up the Teac.

Going to a new place here in Wilmington that smokes meat to try their ribs in a few minutes.

Plumbing leak upstairs.....shut off valve.  Now I have to repair the newly painted ceiling in the foyer.  I guess I need to repair the innards to the water closet (3 gallon) and have the plumber put on a quarter turn shut off valve while he is here.

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 9

• Moderators
I took this photo last week on a drive by...

Cool looking place, would love to see Keb Moe or Buddy Guy, haven't seen either, apparently whoever does the booking likes blues.   :emotion-21:

It's always great to see performers in a small venue like that, probably not a bad seat in the house. Very nice to have a cool live music place so close to home.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 6

• Moderators
While in Smithfield I stopped by the White Swan for BBQ.

BBQ always a good idea. :D

Sorry to hear about the water leak, sounds like a pain, glad it didn't ruin any floors, I think I remember them being wood ?

• Like 6

Pretty cool news I think....

Two of my daughters will be performing at Carnegie Hall tomorrow in a 200 voice choir.  Their vocal ensemble director sent in an audition tape last year that was accepted.  They will be performing Requiem À Deux by Gabriel Fauré.  I admit that I never heard the music until recently but it is very nice.  Conducting is Craig Jessop who conducted the Mormon Tabernacle Choir for awhile.  What an awesome experience for them!  

• Like 8

Good afternoon everyone...

Chuck, it seems the prankster plumbing spirit has branched out to YOUR neck of the woods huh ??  Hope the repairs are easy, keep us informed.

Hey there dTel.........yes, it is a theater (restored) seats around 1500 persons...    It is where I have also seen YES, Steve Vai, The Machine, The Pink Floyd Experience, Aussie Floyd too !!   Bruce Hornsby and the Range, as well as a well known ABBA tribute band to mention..  

Our organ shop is located in that town and is literally right around the corner from this theatre, so it has been my work  'home' for 26 years this month :) !  

I will try and dig up some photos from the concerts and post them...

Meanwhile, back to working on music for our OWN show tomorrow evening..... ^_^

.....more later....

• Like 6

Good morning (still) from the great far northwest! One cup down and should have brought number two along to the line I'm in at the post office. :-) requested some fabric samples for acoustic panels and apparently we owe postage on said samples. Oh well - hopefully some will be good and maybe get the ball rolling! Have a great weekend all!

• Like 4

• Moderators
Hey there dTel.........yes, it is a theater (restored) seats around 1500 persons... It is where I have also seen YES, Steve Vai, The Machine, The Pink Floyd Experience, Aussie Floyd too !! Bruce Hornsby and the Range, as well as a well known ABBA tribute band to mention..

Very cool, a place like that, 1500 seats or so is much more personal than a huge area, always nicer. Very nice looking little town also.  

Edited by dtel
  • Like 5

• Moderators

I have no idea what's going on, every time I try to post it either useless a different size font, underlines it or strikes through it. It's different every time, I have to erase and redo everything and this is on top of my lack of spelling and punctuation which does not help. :blink: It's like it's set on random for dummies.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 6

I have no idea what's going on, every time I try to post it either useless a different size font, underlines it or strikes through it. It's different every time, I have to erase and redo everything and this is on top of my lack of spelling and punctuation which does not help. :blink: It's like it's set on random for dummies.

The problem maybe that you need to start throwing back some margaritas.  :emotion-46:

• Like 7

Congratulations Muel on the daughters preforming at Carnegie Hall, I have to say never heard of the music either, will you get to go ?

Thanks!  I'm not going to be there, unfortunately.  There will be a DVD of the performance but that won't be like being there for sure!

Margaritas... sounds like a good idea!

• Like 7

PS. Todd, RTM tonight?

Game 2 of the Stanley Cup...Chicago Blackhawks at Tampa Bay Lightning tonight at 6:15 CST, but I will be dropping in RTM too.  Go Hawks!

Please no not go hawks.  The world has seen enough of Quenneville and Chicago fans get really old after even one championship.  Before you jump on the attack I admit I have been a sucker in the past for the sympathetic hope Chicago wins after all this time bandwagon.  I have learned since then.

• Like 5

• Moderators

The problem maybe that you need to start throwing back some margaritas.  :emotion-46:

Not a bad idea really, they can fix almost anything, well not really but you won't care about things like that. ;)  :emotion-19:

• Like 6