Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I was punctuated years ago.  I now have a semi-colon after partial resection of my sigmoid colon secondary to diverticulitis.  The first surgeon the hospital sent to discuss the surgery wouldn't make eye contact.  On the recommendation of a neighbor, who was a surgical nurse, I met with another colo-rectal surgeon.  I chose him because he was not intimidated by my yellow legal pad full of questions, plus, he had small hands so I figured he'd only need a tiny incision.

The point of the foregoing ramble is that I must get a colonoscopy every 5 years. It's not fun, but colon cancer would be worse.

One time I called to schedule an appointment and a woman answered the phone, "Oakland Colon-Rectal, can you hold?"  When she came back on the line I asked if they could come up with a different way to put people on hold.  To many of the callers the answer might be, "No, that's why I'm calling."

• Like 5

Morning guys.  I had a colonoscopy about a month ago.  One polyp was removed......now good for 5 years.  Not too bad Steve.  Certainly better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick :o

Was pg 661 ever found?  I'll have to check.

Talked to a FB friend who is a gun fancier and he has me about talked into building my own AR-15 from parts.  Says it is a lot of fun to shoot something you build yourself.....I guess :mellow:

Got out your stretch pants or are you going to do what dtel does and stay in a loose bathrobe all day :lol:

Wonder if Steve puts catsup on his faux turkey?  Must be rough to be a vegetarian this time of year.

If I don't get back here today.....you guys have a great Thanksgiving.  Post some photos of your meal please :)

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 5

Morning gang.....

Yes....a happy day before Thanksgivig......

My best goes out to ya BigStewMan......

DizRotus.....I think you made a good choice going with the 2nd surgeon....and I also would have a big pad with all kinds of questions.....my best to you also my man....

I'm working on my F-250 again....it's got rusted out transmission cooler lines. It's got a full load of leaves in it....there's no way it will make it to the dump. I barely made it to the shop Monday. It pumped out four quarts of trans fluid on the way... It's a rusty old turd....

Working on the 2nd cup here at the house....waiting fot it to warm up a bit, cuz I have to keep the bay door open. I can't shut the door with the leaf-vac on the back of the Ford...

Wishing all a great day....

MKP :-)

• Like 5

Happy Thanksgiving Eve guys. Got my turkey brine ready almost and about to give the bird a 24 hr cold soak for tenderness and flavor. Still planning on smoking it with pecan wood for a couple of hours and transferring it to the oven. May need my parka and snow boots, but what the hell.

Big Stew, I just had that procedure done about 10 days ago and it just isn't that big-a-deal compared to the benefits. It is SO worth it. You will be fine and will get through it with flying colors. 3 or 4 of our friends have also had it done recently. Enough for a focus group!!

Gotta get busy here but will try to check back in a while.

Cheers to all.

• Like 5

Good morning gang

33 and dam sure feels like it, im layered w/ski cap, double foot heaters.

Coffee/Duggans is 50' away, suppose i shoud fetch it.

Colon talk eh?

Once they get their hands on my azz (Pun Intended) ill likely be getting my Nap for the day.

Nobody has been asking, noboby has been saying i need one, but i do think im about due for a 5point inspection.

Next week i tap into the SS system, it's time, it's due, and im ready to party on their dime.

Dodge hub/Drum is sitting here looking at me, im good with that.

The forum Drama queens are back in full force if anyone has noticed lately, appears they are tired of

Chatting up on the BS thread, right back to being the open internet again.

I came to an Audio forum to get away from standard web trolls, but alas im trying to ignor

Their pittyfull mindless rant, making the Klipsch forum NO better than any other POS out there.

<Rant Off>

Coffee tasting mighty fine, wife to be in the kitchen for the next 24Hrs, im mean hey, i did give her a chance

for Reno, but she does like to cook.

post-57941-0-24140000-1448462063_thumb.j

Edited by minermark
  • Like 8

Happy Hump Before Thanksgiving Day Y'all

Not much going on, Killing Time, No plans for tomorrow, going to smoke some ham and turkey (Not whole ones, have a couple large ham steaks and a Turkey tenderloin which will be more than we can eat.................Not sure about the sides yet, Very likely something simple

Have a grand Holiday Friends 

Later

• Like 7

Colon talk eh? Once they get their hands on my azz (Pun Intended) ill likely be getting my Nap for the day. Nobody has been asking, noboby has been saying i need one, but i do think im about due for a 5point inspection.

The forum Drama queens are back in full force if anyone has noticed lately, appears they are tired of Chatting up on the BS thread, right back to being the open internet again. I came to an Audio forum to get away from standard web trolls, but alas im trying to ignor Their pittyfull mindless rant, making the Klipsch forum NO better than any other POS out there.

LOL!  I'd rather talk about politics and religion than your arsehole.

• Like 6

• Moderators
Got out your stretch pants or are you going to do what dtel does and stay in a loose bathrobe all day

I can't help it, it makes me feel like Hugh Hefner..........................but without the girls  :(

But really I don't even own a bathrobe  :blink:  :D

• Like 6

• Moderators
Wonder if Steve puts catsup on his faux turkey?  Must be rough to be a vegetarian this time of year.

Or any time of the year, I like vegetables but I think they are designed to be on the side of meat, kind of an after thought.  :)

Good luck Steve, just remember don't schedule it on hump day ! :mellow:  :huh:   

• Like 6

• Moderators

Haven't been around much, just busy, plus I don't care to read about peoples opinions of serious subjects around the world. It seems some like to debate just to debate, not interested myself.

So instead of the usual moderators talking about if something should be zapped I might just zap them and let them deal with it.  I am sure I will make new friends like that.  :o Or they will zap me. ;)

• Like 7

Good mid morning gang

I see iv upset yet another internet troll, when they follow you around and get themselfs off by jabbing at you, you know you have hit a nerve.... :lol: LMFAO

I Had a little respect for someone who has been around for 10+ years, but then again, 10+ years with ONLY 400+ likes?

Yeah, And the trolls wonder why they are lonely :( .  

Nice Nap, wife cooking, lazy day.

Couple bench projects but no hurry.

New Mr Crow gets shipped next week, Servo is still here waiting in the box :o

Wife will get the next Crow and servo when finished, i think it would be fun to have them interactive with each other,

First Mr Crow is already.

Oyster stuffing coming up, im seeing the fixins on the counter....yeah baby :emotion-21:

• Like 5

• Moderators
Oyster stuffing coming up, im seeing the fixins on the counter....yeah baby

Oyster stuffing is better than sex       :blink:                                                                                                                                             Ok I lied, but I do like it.  :D

Had to put an edit.............Oyster stuffing is good as long as my mother in law didn't cook it, she shouldn't be allowed around Oysters, hers is that bad.  :emotion-41:

Edited by dtel
  • Like 5

Its the little things that keep us smiling  :)  found a 55 gallon steel drum and set it up as a burn barrel today, first small burn proved productive plenty of air intake with the 6 X  1/2" holes around the bottom,  I can even toss some wood in it and cook some dogs or burgers as my Webber grill grate fits perfectly inside the barrel

Gotta drill 4 holes for some 1/8" X 1" bolts to set the grate on....................Getting Dark out now so tomorrow is another day

• Like 6