Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

A few pics from today.....

that house is gorgeous.  as is the property. congrats.  she has good taste   :P

Yes it is but who's the hippie beach dude with the pool stick, must have come with the house ?  :P

Tell the LF good looking house and I love the yard.

• Like 6

• Moderators

Yes they prune pretty well, just regular pruning or cutting back pretty hard ? Regular pruning can be done anytime, cutting back hard i would need to check my maple book..

I like the purple plant on the other side also, Loropetalum, or purple plume delight, I have some like that they can be cut without worrying also if needed.

Also if any of the azaleas need pruning do it before the end of May, if later most azalias will not bloom next year, this helps them stay full and not get tall and empty looking. You trim on the stem right AFTER where it branches into 3-4 stems which is where it was trimmed last time, every time you trim it branches which makes it look full instead of leggy.  But you do your azaleas so you probably know this already. They look to be in good shape, they may have bloomed and have been cut back already ? You can tell by looking at a stem.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 6

Yes it is but who's the hippie beach dude with the pool stick, must have come with the house ?  :P

Yeah he goes with the house.....

post-17365-0-07640000-1461885697_thumb.j

post-17365-0-82600000-1461885716_thumb.j

• Like 5

Going to have to look into the music situation Mike.  She has whole house sound system but wants to do a two channel in the tv room.  She has mentioned using one of my 3 R2Rs and she has a B&O turntable.  Thinking of some used Heresy speakers.  May ask my bud bluesboy to build some single driver speakers on pedestals but he is on the other coast now.  Will have to see.

And yes the LF is mighty fine :)

• Like 5

Me and The BOSS was eating some lunch at the this afternoon and the phone rang...... The BOSS looked at the caller ID and said this is for you..... The caller ID said "Just Audio" Oh yea the audio shop calling me about my gear..... Holly from the audio shop.... before we got into how much it was going to cost to have my gear fixed we had a few laughs. I was telling her that some of my customers are scared when I call them from my shop. They have no clue what I'm going to tell them about there car and how much it's going to be to fix it. 

So I told her I was alittle scared at what she was about to tell me :unsure: lol lol so yea we had a few laughs about business.... She told me the Carver was going to cost $251 to get it back up to spec....all new caps and some work on the circuit board...it got fried... So I didn't think that was too bad.... I said go ahead and fix it. I asked her while the tech has it apart how much would it be to upgrade the meter lights with blue LED's... she said I'll have to check let me call you right back... OK cool.... About ten minutes goes by and Holly calls back and tell me about $30 more will get some LED's in the meter's... OK I said do it... 

I said I had one more question..... I said you guys have a auction on e-bay now for a Carver 4.0t amp..... She told me she does not do the e-bay part of the business but what is the question.... I said the amp was listed last week for $600 obo and did not sell.....it's now buy it now for $500...... My question.... would you take $400??? Holly says let me ask the owner I'll call ya right back...... I've talked to the owner a few times and he seems a cool guy...... I know I kinda gave em a low ball offer but whats the worst that can happen.... Holly calls back a few minutes later and tells me the best he can do is $450.... OH yea I'm in.... I told her I'll take it.... pull that listing off e-bay before someone buys my amp :o.....One of those 18 watcher's should have jumped.......... Man she was laughing at me :lol:

So Yea got me a Carver 4.0t... that is one bad a$$ amp..... and for $450 checked out and ready to go..... Will picking it up Saturday

Later...

MKP :-)

• Like 9

Friday morning coffee, breakfast burrito down the hatch. 

Chuck, that is a very nice, yard.  Tell LF she did a wonderful job.  Also thanks for checking up on the missing in action.  I hope Joe is all right.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 6

At least one part of my shop is completed. New AC and gas furnace. Nothing like having central heat and air in your shop. Making progress. Just difficult laying everything out. I have to keep moving motorcycles around! A couple of 305 Dreams, and CL 160, Cl175, a CL100S, and of course, my 750 Nighthawk. I just hope I have room in it to get the Fiero inside. My have to put up another building just to house the Fiero and BMW. Don't know when I will get around to the Fiero V-8 conversion or restoring the Beemer. 

Still have  pair of Epic CF-2 being driven by an HH Scott 335 (early SS). Get enough room and I can start cycling amps and speakers. In the shop. 

• Like 6

Nothing like having central heat and air in your shop.

I don't need no stinkin AC...... I love the 99 degree days with 100% humidity here in Maryland... Pulling in that HOT shop with a roasting hot car from a test drive... It's the best!!............ NOT :wacko: ........

Man I would love to AC in the shop.... I was kicking it around last year.... One of those Mitsubishi units..... We did got a AC unit for the office last year. Gotta keep The BOSS cool ;)

MKP :-)

• Like 5