Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

TGI freakin' F Can you tell I'm still a worker bee?

I need to be, but I can't find a job I'm willing to take...

Wasn't directed at you Bruce. Just in general to all,  HAPPY FRIDAY! But I do understand your plight. In someone's delusional reality we can all sell hamburgers and car parts to each other and create wealth.

• Like 2

In someone's delusional reality we can all sell hamburgers and car parts to each other and create wealth.

As in two washerwomen doing the other's laundry...

I am willing to be a worker (not necessarily a worker be) until I die, as long as it is being productive in some way. It's all good, and it is Friday.

Bruce

• Like 2

I look forward to the day when I can be a worker bee.  Thinking for, being responsible for and eating s**t every time someone under me messes up gets old.  When I retire from my current job, I'm going to find a mindless job where I can go to work, do my thing, be responsible for only me and go home each night without a care in the world regarding my employer.

• Like 6

When I retire from my current job, I'm going to find a mindless job where I can go to work, do my thing, be responsible for only me and go home each night without a care in the world regarding my employer.

Building subs? :)

• Like 3

When I retire from my current job, I'm going to find a mindless job where I can go to work, do my thing, be responsible for only me and go home each night without a care in the world regarding my employer.

Building subs? :)

I've had several people tell me I should.  Maybe as a profit making hobby while I flip burgers.

• Like 3

Another worker bee getting  ready to go home on this Friday afternoon. I will get in a 30 minute walk/run, a light dinner and then some scotch and tunes. I found out a fellow member of the River City Audio Society lives three blocks from me. He is bringing over a pair of subs for me to try in my main 2-channel rig. The old Velodyne finally gave in and now only buzzes.

• Like 4

Well, the AC isn't working as it should. Still just a little warm in the house. Don't know if the AC guy is going to get out this weekend and check. Poor guy nearly had a heat stroke each day he was in the attic. The attic temp is ranging from 130-140 degrees in the heat of the day. Comfortable enough so the "dog days" of summer aren't too bad. Even though, the dogs are laying around on the floor absorbing coolness from the tile. Still have some fans going to keep them comfortable. The floor looks like a flop house for dogs. Don't think I will be doing much outside this weekend. Going to my house in Clarksville tomorrow and repair some 90 year old oak flooring before my son moves back from Austin. He asked if he could live in the house for a couple of years while he looked for property to build on. I told him that when the floor is finished, he had to accept the fact that a pair of Cornwalls and a spare stereo system was going to be set up and he would just have to live with it.....

• Like 2

MKP :-)

You get my PM?

Yea Carl that's a good one...... I'll see if I can get some time and tell ya few also.....

Now you know the day will come that we can chill back and tell some good war stories  :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:

I told my wife the day she jumped into the shop 18 years ago that me "fixing" cars is the easy part (most of the time) but jumping through all the other rings of fire to get there is the toughest.... and dealing with that person that's attached to the car....... now that can be the hardest part of all......

I have alot of good customers...... but there are a few I just shake my head  :wacko2: ...... I feel like saying "are you really that stupid?"

Later.....

• Like 3

Sometimes you have to fix the customer.

So very true..... Of the last 18 years of running the shop there has only been five or so people (not customers) that I have thrown outta the shop. These people can not be pleased..... they don't want to be pleased.....

If every time I do business with them it brings us discord and it's just such a pain in the A$$...... We CUT em....... don't want em..... go somewhere else...... Me and The BOSS call it "weeding them out" ......... Hey I like making money $$$$$ and I like working with people, but some have issues. Like the guy that slammed me on the Yelp a few weeks ago. This guy could not be pleased....... I think he's the type of guy that has "bullied" his way with people...... I think I was the 1st to look him in the eye -man to man- and tell him NO!....

anyway.... I'll check in later.....got movie day going on at the house :D

• Like 3