Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

July 17, 1982 at National House Inn Marshall, Michigan. It was an outdoor ceremony, but due to tropical conditions, we immediately went inside to AC comfort for the reception.

The attached photo shows the photo in the card Nancy gave me yesterday.

I wasnt even two months old.

If the wife and i married right out of high school. We would be on 16 years. Since we test drove our relationship for 10 years. We only have six.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Test drove! 

I like that.

We've had some excitement this morning. I just pulled this big Chicken Snake out of my dad's coop. I count 5 eggs he's eaten. Can you see them?

13709885_10153832943743036_7077312282033

HOLY CRAP

Did you let him go or……..

• Like 4

We've had some excitement this morning. I just pulled this big Chicken Snake out of my dad's coop. I count 5 eggs he's eaten. Can you see them?

Doesn't that thing know the consumption of raw eggs can be dangerous?  It must not frequent nice restaurants.

• Like 5

• Moderators

He's going to have high cholesterol after that, well I guess he was just doing what he was trained for. Nice looking snake, I just catch them and bring them somewhere else, it keeps my wife from having a heart Attack.

• Like 4

• Moderators

Pssst, dude got any okra plants for sale ?  :ph34r:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2014/10/06/heavily-armed-drug-cops-raid-retirees-garden-seize-okra-plants/?tid=hybrid_experimentrandom_2_na

Georgia police raided a retired Atlanta man's garden last Wednesday after a helicopter crew with the Governor's Task Force for Drug Suppression spotted suspicious-looking plants on the man's property. A heavily-armed K9 unit arrived and discovered that the plants were, in fact, okra bushes.

The officers eventually apologized and left, but they took some of the suspicious okra leaves with them for analysis. Georgia state patrol told WSB-TV in Atlanta that "we've not been able to identify it as of yet. But it did have quite a number of characteristics that were similar to a cannabis plant."

Indeed! Like cannabis, okra is green and it has leaves.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 3

A heavily-armed K9 unit arrived and discovered that the plants were, in fact, okra bushes

I'll bet as many have died from Okra as from MJ.  Also, never seen a "heavily-armed K9 unit..."   They teaching dogs to carry assault weapons now?

Dave

• Like 4

What a beautiful animal.  Hope you walked him to the perimeter and let him go.  OTOH, I realize he's eating your breakfast. 

Dave

• Like 4

Please consider posting this photo in the "Show us your great photography thread." Great shot. 

• Like 4

• Moderators

July 17, 1982 at National House Inn Marshall, Michigan. It was an outdoor ceremony, but due to tropical conditions, we immediately went inside to AC comfort for the reception.

The attached photo shows the photo in the card Nancy gave me yesterday.

I wasnt even two months old.

If the wife and i married right out of high school. We would be on 16 years. Since we test drove our relationship for 10 years. We only have six.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Not even 2 months old, our youngest daughter is your age, now I'm really feeling old. :mellow::)

You only have 6 years but I would think the previous 10 years should count for something, that is one long test drive.  :D 

• Like 4

I'll bet that poor snake just wanted some raw egg in his morning smoothies. Great picture...thanks.

BTW .....Better Half Unit ('BHU") and I celebrated our 8th anniversary yesterday. Flowers, cards and jewelry ....she was a happy camper. Me too.

Happy Tuesday, gang.

• Like 4

• Moderators
BTW .....Better Half Unit ('BHU") and I celebrated our 8th anniversary yesterday. Flowers, cards and jewelry ....she was a happy camper. Me too.

Congratulations on 8 years

"Flowers, cards and jewelry", been doing this for a while it seems, and getting good at it. B)

• Like 5

Hi all, it's been a while.  Hello again from the great non-white north!  We've had a delightfully warm summer and the wasps are running rampant on account of it... sigh... Not complaining though - enjoying time with the kiddos! 

Chuck!  (Tarheel Chuck) Congrats on rounding the corner toward 200,000 views on this thread, working toward 19,000 replies and won't be long and it'll be 1,000 pages in just over two years!  Who'da thunk way back when, it would come to this?  I'm sure you'll have a book deal with Malcolm Gladwell soon on catchy social media usage, I'm looking forward to my autographed copy with a cup of dark roast.  :emotion-44:

The pioneer post:

My morning routine has me enjoying a cup or two of non GMO, environmentally friendly, green, expensive, co-op purchased, coffee while reading the latest in the cable debate now on page 19 in one thread and a "hot topic" in two others.

Pursuing Cal's thread that wandered a bit and ended up in a discussion of coffee I would like to pick the brain of the serious coffee drinkers here and get some suggestions, tips, and advice.

Here are the particulars. I usually do not grind my own beans. I drink two cups in the morning....that's it. Expensive to me is more than $10 a pound. I am not particularly loyal to any brand or purveyor. I have a Keurig but routinely use a Mr. Coffee. I guess among serious coffee drinkers, to use an audio comparison, I am in the boom box stage.

So what would be a step up?

Edited by akdave
  • Like 4

• Moderators
Chuck! (Tarheel Chuck) Congrats on rounding the corner toward 200,000 views on this thread, working toward 19,000 replies and won't be long and it'll be 1,000 pages in just over two years!

Chuck's the man, B)  Congratulations, to me it's the most fun section on the forum, like AKdave said  Who'da thunk it :)

• Like 5

Congratulations Chuck and Mrs. Chuck :emotion-21:  :emotion-25:

Thanks Dave the thread has been fun.  A milestone for sure at 200,000 views.  Friendly folks here, living life and sharing it with others.  Nothing is off topic as flipping through the pages will attest.  Dogs, coffee, refrigerator repair, birthdays, weather, anniversaries, auto repair, cocktails,  illness, children, girls, landscape, tile work, music, organs, cables.....we have covered it all. 

Thanks goes to all those who have contributed and allowed us a peek into their lives....

Okay BigStewMan......where you is?

• Like 5

Happy Hump Day-

The collective advice to go to fine grind for a stronger brew of 8 O'clock was spot on. Thanks.

While savoring the first cup of the day, I'm enjoying "Crossroads 2013" through Pono in balanced mode using modified Klipsch S4s. The SQ is spectacular.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 2

Nothing is off topic as flipping through the pages will attest.  Dogs, coffee, refrigerator repair, birthdays, weather, anniversaries, auto repair, cocktails,  illness, children, girls, landscape, tile work, music, organs, cables

You forgot chicken snakes..... 

• Like 3