Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I just did a search of this thread and found were no hits for "Technivorm." How can that be?

For all of you who like drip coffee, Technivorm is the way to go. I get cups of coffee which are better than most high-end coffee shops and brews at parity with the best of them. 1400-watt heating element makes it the only manufacturer (AFAIK) that meets Specialty Coffee Association of America standards for brewing temperature 206 ° F, as opposed to typical coffeemakers which brew at 185° F. at best.

We've owned a Moccamaster KBT 741 for 10-12 years now and it still brews like a champ. We later bought a Technivorm thermos to keep it hot for 2 hours, although the stock thermos is pretty good in its own right. Five year warranty but never needed it.

Here's a link to good specs and explanation (I have no affiliation to the web site or the manufacturer):
http://www.roastmasters.com/moccamaster.html

• Like 2

Excellent question and post.  The short answer is that most people here when given the choice (for example loudspeakers) will gravitate to a quality made in the USA brand when possible. That, and as much as we like coffee, we like speakers more.

• Like 2

Excellent question and post.  The short answer is that most people here when given the choice (for example loudspeakers) will gravitate to a quality made in the USA brand when possible. That, and as much as we like coffee, we like speakers more.

Unless you're talking espresso machine then I'd look at an Italian one.

• Like 4

One of my best friends owns a Technivorm, and swears he will never own another brand.  I've had a cup brewed from it (although, just one), and it was excellent.

Great.  Now more of my money is going to leave... <_<

• Like 2

One of my best friends owns a Technivorm, and swears he will never own another brand.  I've had a cup brewed from it (although, just one), and it was excellent.

The thing is, you can get just as weird with the temperature control and all that but do it all on a tiny budget just by using a Melitta pour over carafe.

• Like 2

That would bug me.  I use a timer to make espresso making sure that I get 2 Oz in 25 seconds.  I time my French press as well.  As soon as my pot makes it's first hiss I pour it in the press.  The Bunn takes care of itself.

• Like 2

Dang Bruce we would have loved that.  We had a good party Saturday with rib appetizers and an amazing brisket that had even the pork-o-phile locals ready to elect us bbq kings.  The pseudo karaoke  was hilarious and worth the price of admission.

• Like 2

Evening gang....

Been a few days or so since I dropped a post in here.... I tell ya I roll outta here quick in the AM and the heat just kicks my butt in the afternoon. By mid afternoon I've been feeling a bit sick.... I just get home a chill out. It was quite a bit cooler today and really no humidity.... 

My eldest daughter called the shop Tuesday and asked me how I was doing in the heat..... Tue was high 90's and really sticky..... she told me if I start not feeling good I should just come home..... I told her me not feeling good started about 3 hours ago :wacko:..... and last week was no picnic.....

We've owned a Moccamaster KBT 741 for 10-12 years now and it still brews like a champ.

Hey onemoretime that does look like a nice machine......  But I don't see me getting one anytime soon, beings I just got my BUNN A-10 just a few weeks ago  ;)

I see your in Seattle.... I lived there for about a year back in another life..... I worked down town at Honda of Seattle. It was the biggest Honda dealership I ever worked at. There was over 20 mechanics at that dealership. From the dealership I could see the Space Needle and from my apt I could see Mt Rainier.  I liked living out there..... Didn't drink coffee then.... drank alot of Rainier Beer  :D

OK gang... I'll check in later....

MKP :-)

• Like 3

Great.  Now more of my money is going to leave... <_<

We happen to have an extra Technivorm and don't need it... if you have speakers to trade I'm all ears. ;)

• Like 3