Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Tomorrow the wife gets a gift of whole bean coffee and a Cuisanart burr mill. We shall see how that goes over. It violates the rule against giving a woman a gift with a power cord attached.

It's our 34th anniversary. She'll also get flowers, a card and dinner at one of Detroit's best kept secrets, La  dolce vita (http://www.ldvrestaurant.net/). The coffee stuff is more of a gift to both of us to celebrate the decades. The whole bean is 8 O'Clock Colombian and decaf. I also got some LaVAzza ground.

post-6832-0-44020000-1468672294.jpg

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 5

Morning gang just checking in to let you know i am still alive.

Coffee just finished perking. Japoleno bread is done toasting.

There is an argument going on here in the Omaha area. Is it soda or pop? Even from being around here i still call it soda.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Grew up in NE Pa. and it was always soda there and up and down the east coast, but when I moved to Ohio, I heard the term pop, over and over, but I still call it soda.  Good thing is, everywhere I've been, beer is beer.  LOL

• Like 4

Hey there DizR..........That sounds like a lovely evening for you both, VERY nice and thoughtful of you  :)   I looked over the restaurant menu etc.  Looks like some grand choices there.....ENJOY!   (let us know how the whole thing turned out, from burr to gift card  ;) )

Hey there Duder!  Good to see you again... :D

Ok, FINALLY got my brand new Metzeler 800 series tires installed on my bike Thursday.   My dealer was amazed that the bike still looks like the day they sold it to me 7 years ago!!   Had a recall warranty service performed also....little thing called a rectifier with a more updated adhesive/heat conductor  for the heatsink or something like that...Changed out the whole unit with a new one...

Now registered and in a few moments heading to a motorcycle speed shop one town over to get my inspection...  The owner let me off last year with a small bit of cracking in the front tire only (tread a'plenty, just a little dry rot), but said I needed to think about new tires for THIS year.   So, I did what he said, and bought these top of the line German made tires...

Here is a photo right after they were delivered to our shop...   ......more later on....

.........GaryIMG_9475.jpg

• Like 5

Afternoon gang.....

Ahhhhhhh Saturday............ No shop!!..... I'm done with the shop this week......It was a rough one...... It was one of those weeks were I wish I did something else :wacko: ....... Been a mechanic for over thirty years now.... and I must say I think about what else I could do sometimes...... Ya know there's a train that goes by the shop at least twice a day.... I mean it's right across the road. I can see the engineer clearly...... I can hear the train coming long before it gets to the shop.... as the the train goes by the engineer will wave and give those horns a toot...... as he goes by I think how cool it would be to have a job just cruzing around in a train...... but then I think... maybe that train engineer looks at my shop as he goes by saying how cool it would be to have a little shop in rural country setting....... I guess sometimes we all think that every ones grass is greener..... maybe it was just in the air last week.... cuz yesterday I was talking to "Jerry" one of the used car guys..... and he said "you know Mark sometimes I think I'm not cut out for this!!" I'm like yea man I know what your saying.....

Well anyway.... It's Saturday......and I got today a tomorrow to pull my head outta my A$$ :lol: ....... Got some Jethro Tull playing on the house KP-362's...... getting ready to roll up to the landscape supply Co. and get some more dirt for my holes I've filling in.....

Coffee long done... we had some "Joe" this morning.... it was good....

OK gang.... a good weekend to all.... later....

MKP :-)

post-58704-0-38620000-1468695406_thumb.j

Edited by MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE
  • Like 3

Afternoon gang.....

Ahhhhhhh Saturday............ No shop!!..... I'm done with the shop this week......It was a rough one...... It was one of those weeks were I wish I did something else :wacko: ....... Been a mechanic for over thirty years now.... and I must say I think about what else I could do sometimes...... Ya know there's a train that goes by the shop at least twice a day.... I mean it's right across the road. I can see the engineer clearly...... I can hear the train coming long before it gets to the shop.... as the the train goes by the engineer will wave and give those horns a toot...... as he goes by I think how cool it would be to have a job just cruzing around in a train...... but then I think... maybe that train engineer looks at my shop as he goes by saying how cool it would be to have a little shop in rural country setting....... I guess sometimes we all think that every ones grass is greener..... maybe it was just in the air last week.... cuz yesterday I was talking to "Jerry" one of the used car guys..... and he said "you know Mark sometimes I think I'm not cut out for this!!" I'm like yea man I know what your saying.....

Well anyway.... It's Saturday......and I got today a tomorrow to pull my head outta my A$$ :lol: ....... Got some Jethro Tull playing on the house KP-362's...... getting ready to roll up to the landscape supply Co. and get some more dirt for my holes I've filling in.....

Coffee long done... we had some "Joe" this morning.... it was good....

OK gang.... a good weekend to all.... later....

MKP :-)

You don't have nightmares about a schoolbus full of kids stalled on the tracks. Yes, it often looks greener on the other side of the fence.

• Like 3

• Moderators
It's our 34th anniversary. She'll also get flowers, a card and dinner at one of Detroit's best kept secrets, La  dolce vita (http://www.ldvrestaurant.net/).

Well congratulations to both of you.

Looking at the menu, myself I would try the  

Portabella Mushrooms Sautéed in extra virgin olive oil, garlic, basil and drizzled with balsamic vinegar reduction 

and the.......

Penne pasta, spicy Italian sausage, peppers, spinach, kalamata olives, parmesan cheese

Edited by dtel
  • Like 4

• Moderators
Here is a photo right after they were delivered to our shop...   ......more later on....

Car or bike, new tires just feel great, and especially with a bike much safer.  

• Like 5

Good evening everyone...............back from a multi 70ies highschool reunion my sister invited me to........  Now relaxing with a freshly opened bottle of Shiraz vino, listening to the latest Boston LP.  I bought the limited edition double set in RED vinyl............  B)    Tom mixed this one on ALL the original analog equipment the FIRST album release was made on!    Here is a photo of side two on the Rega..   

dTel, I went for my inspection this morning, the owner who told me about the dry rot on the original tires last year was there again.   I told him I just came from my dealer having done what HE told me to do previously...   He said "Great, new skins...........ok"   Then had me simply test lights and horn etc.  all good, so I am set for the season.    Also was able to complete and send out the minutes from our motorcycle rider's club meeting earlier this month.  (yeah, I'm the secretary!!)

Anyway, here is side two of Boston's "Life, Love and Hope' album...IMG_9506.jpg

• Like 5

Well, the curse must be catching. The AC on the house went out this afternoon, with the hottest week of the year coming. I guess we could go sleep in the shop where the air is blowing cold. Load all the dogs in the van and go to my house in Clarksville. Supposed to be a hundred here tomorrow...

• Like 3

Tomorrow the wife gets a gift of whole bean coffee and a Cuisanart burr mill. We shall see how that goes over. It violates the rule against giving a woman a gift with a power cord attached.

It's our 34th anniversary. She'll also get flowers, a card and dinner at one of Detroit's best kept secrets, La  dolce vita (http://www.ldvrestaurant.net/). The coffee stuff is more of a gift to both of us to celebrate the decades. The whole bean is 8 O'Clock Colombian and decaf. I also got some LaVAzza ground.

My wife and I hit 34 years next month. I always kid her that when marriage was invented, people didn't live this long!

I will have to come up with a plan like yours to make sure the 35th year goes smoothly!

• Like 5