Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Tomorrow the wife gets a gift of whole bean coffee and a Cuisanart burr mill. We shall see how that goes over. It violates the rule against giving a woman a gift with a power cord attached.

It's our 34th anniversary. She'll also get flowers, a card and dinner at one of Detroit's best kept secrets, La  dolce vita (http://www.ldvrestaurant.net/). The coffee stuff is more of a gift to both of us to celebrate the decades. The whole bean is 8 O'Clock Colombian and decaf. I also got some LaVAzza ground.

My wife and I hit 34 years next month. I always kid her that when marriage was invented, people didn't live this long!

I will have to come up with a plan like yours to make sure the 35th year goes smoothly!

Congrats Mookie, that's something to be proud of.

• Like 6

• Moderators

Yes Congratulations Mookie and Mrs Mookie, DizRotus is also at 34 years, November will be 38 for us.

One day we need to start a thread, there seems to be a pattern here.

• Like 5

We just returned from ldv.  It was very nice. The card, flowers, coffee and Cuisinart burr mill were a hit.  

I deliberately made only 2 cups of the pedestrian Folgers until the gift of 8 O'Clock Colombian whole bean was presented.  She then pointed out that the coffee was whole bean and we have no grinder.  I feigned surprise, scratched my head and then had a staged eureka moment before reaching behind a chair to get the grinder.  The first batch was a tad weak.  It will take some time to get the hang of the quantity of whole beans and the grind setting to brew the correct quantity of strong, but smooth coffee. 

I was 33 in 1982 when we tied the knot.  Nancy's birthday is tomorrow, 7/18.  I kid her that we avoided the dreaded spinster tax by only a day.  The point of this is that we were not kids when we wed 34 years ago today.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 5

Good to hear about so many marriages that made it. Between working and raising 4 kids, it seems like a blur.

Diz, despite already "knowing everything" I was just a pup in '82 as I got married shortly before my 24th birthday. I still managed to learn a few things.

• Like 4

Afternoon all....

Congrats to all on the anniversary's...... man, 34-35 years is fantastic and dtel coming up on 38..... really cool stuff..... Looks like The BOSS and I are about 10+ years behind most of you guys.... The BOSS and I will be at 25 years in October...... and for the last 18 years we have been working together at the shop  :wub:

Yea the A/C thing..... we have all window units..... about three years ago the A/C system took a dump.... Every year I would have to fill it. My landlord from the shop sold me a 30lb container of 22R several years ago.... that worked good for awhile.... but then the compressor took a dump.... It's a old system..... almost 20 years old.... The window units work good, and being we are the only ones in the house now we have a big unit in the main living area and one in our bedroom...

A good afternoon to all....

MKP :-)

• Like 5

Diz, despite already "knowing everything" I was just a pup in '82 as I got married shortly before my 24th birthday. I still managed to learn a few things.

Mookie, you are to be congratulated.  Had I gotten married at 23 it would have been a huge mistake.  Somehow when my father got married in 1947 at the age of 23 he was more mature than I was at the same age.  I guess getting yanked from school to serve in France and the Philippines makes one grow up fast.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 6

• Moderators

Do three marriages adding to 29 total count-----?!

i don't know but if you think about it like the military, then yes three tours of duty definitely counts as time served.  :o  :D

I was 21 and my wife was 20 when we got married, a long time ago. Every year about anniversary time I expect an 18 wheeler to pull up with my trophy, the wife says it would be for her, I say.  :pwk_bs:

• Like 5

Neil, where were you stationed in the Philippines?

I've never been to the Philippines.  My late father was there in 1945 as a Lt. in the Army Corps of Engineers.

At dinner today I toasted my bride to another 34, which means I've got to make it to 101.  I get headaches standing on my head.

• Like 4

Neil, where were you stationed in the Philippines?

I've never been to the Philippines.  My late father was there in 1945 as a Lt. in the Army Corps of Engineers.

At dinner today I toasted my bride to another 34, which means I've got to make it to 101.  I get headaches standing on my head.

Oops, misread that it was your father. That was a rough time over there.

Bruce

• Like 4