Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Forgot to tell Judy to pickup some pup-eroni. The big dogs are happy with their large Milk Bones, but the little have gotten so spoiled to Pup-eroni that they refuse to take anything else. Tongues are hanging out due to the AC being out. Waiting on AC guy to tell me the heartbreaking price of replacement. First cup gone. Slept with the windows open, but it just now got down to 75. Supposed to be 100 the rest of the week here. The humidity right now is only 84%...

• Like 3

Four different trades at LF's house at 8 this morning.  Parking will be at a premium.  Light at the end of the tunnel now.

Julia and I made it 24 years......taken way too early :(

Get those ACs working guys it's going to be a scorcher.

How's the head this morning Carl?

LF and the crew caught a bunch of fish in the tournament.  Had to throw several King Mackerel back.....under size and protected.

Working stiffs go out there and make us proud.  Hey to minermark if you're out there lurking :)

• Like 7

July 17, 1982 at National House Inn Marshall, Michigan. It was an outdoor ceremony, but due to tropical conditions, we immediately went inside to AC comfort for the reception.

The attached photo shows the photo in the card Nancy gave me yesterday.

post-6832-0-29940000-1468840616_thumb.jp

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 6

COFFEE

Dialing in the burr mill whole bean thing is proving more challenging than anticipated. The birthday pot of 8 O'Clock Colombian came out weak at 6 scoops for 4 cups. Take 2 was better at 8 scoops for 5 cups. I'm talking cups of coffee as Bunn defines them, not a "cup" as in a 16 oz cup.

It's clear the fresh ground is not as strong scoop for scoop as the pre-ground. We're using the medium grind setting on the burr mill grinder. Intuitively, I would expect the fresh ground to be stronger, but the opposite seems to be the case.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 4

COFFEE

Dialing in the burr mill whole bean thing is proving more challenging than anticipated. The birthday pot of 8 O'Clock Colombian came out weak at 6 scoops for 4 cups. Take 2 was better at 8 scoops for 5 cups. I'm talking cups of coffee as Bunn defines them, not a "cup" as in a 16 oz cup.

It's clear the fresh ground is not as strong scoop for scoop as the pre-ground. We're using the medium grind setting on the burr mill grinder. Intuitively, I would expect the fresh ground to be stronger, but the opposite seems to be the case.

Definitely, finer grind, stronger coffee.  Are you doing one scoop per 6 Oz?

• Like 4

Are you doing one scoop per 6 Oz?

Yes, sort of. At medium grind, 1 scoop/6 oz cup is too weak. We'll try fine grind. The coffe recommends medium grind for drip. Perhaps the Bunn velocity brew is not "drip."

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 3

• Moderators

Wife's at work, the garden is watered, having first cup of coffee...

Still getting quotes for some tree removal. Prices are ranging from $3k to $5400.

Bruce

Wow! That must be a big tree(s). Those prices sound absurd. Make sure you secure a Certificate of Insurance from the bidder you choose to accept. PM me if you need additional info on that suggestion.

Christy

• Like 3

July 17, 1982 at National House Inn Marshall, Michigan. It was an outdoor ceremony, but due to tropical conditions, we immediately went inside to AC comfort for the reception.

The attached photo shows the photo in the card Nancy gave me yesterday.

I wasnt even two months old.

If the wife and i married right out of high school. We would be on 16 years. Since we test drove our relationship for 10 years. We only have six.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Wife's at work, the garden is watered, having first cup of coffee...

Still getting quotes for some tree removal. Prices are ranging from $3k to $5400.

Bruce

Wow! That must be a big tree(s). Those prices sound absurd. Make sure you secure a Certificate of Insurance from the bidder you choose to accept. PM me if you need additional info on that suggestion.

Christy

Two large oaks about 3 ft in diameter and way tall. They sit within 10 feet of the house, and two smaller trees out in the yard. One company came and looked, shook his head and said it was too large a job for them. They are just getting to the end of their life span...

Bruce

• Like 5