Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

28 minutes ago, babadono said:

Caffeinated Propulsion System? Hehe

It's pretty darn good coffee. One of my favorites form them. My wife doctors it up with cream/sugar and she still commented how good it tasted vs the regular and I didn't tell her before that I had switched from out usual Costco 2LB bag.

Both of the beaches close to me, Wrightsville and Carolina, are under mandatory evacuation.  Wilmington is under voluntary evacuation.  Due to the increased directional speed, the plotted course projections looks accurate.  The storm is 340 miles across and should hit land at cat 3 or 4.  Cat 4 winds are characterized as "catastrophic". 

That's the latest.......

• Sad 5

10 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Both of the beaches close to me, Wrightsville and Carolina, are under mandatory evacuation.  Wilmington is under voluntary evacuation.  Due to the increased directional speed, the plotted course projections looks accurate.  The storm is 340 miles across and should hit land at cat 3 or 4.  Cat 4 winds are characterized as "catastrophic". 

That's the latest.......

My advice to you would be to leave.  Of course, I've never taken my own advice and stayed for every one that's hit here.  Rita was a real treat.  Rita was the storm where the entirety of Houston evacuated.  There were traffic jams for days and abandoned cars everywhere that had run out of fuel.  After it was over, fuel tanker trucks had to go down the highways and gas all the vehicles up.  The worst part was that Houston never got hit by Rita as it veered right before landfall.  We had the same issues here in South east TX. as vehicles took 6 to 8 hours to travel 20 miles.  If I wanted to evacuate though, it would have been easy.  About 5 or 6 hours before landfall there were virtually no cars on the road.  Everyone had already left leaving clear sailing for last minute evacuees.

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

My advice to you would be to leave.

I like that, it's better to be safe than to have a tree hold you to the ground. :blush: I mean think about it Carl he is a really old guy and kinda tall, he's an easy target, did I say old, OK  

Well if he decides to stay home I hope it gets bad enough that that young cute stroller pushing girl next door goes to his house for safety and makes him forget all about any storms.  

Making me wonder if i should go volunteer to house sit for him ?

Be safe old beach dude.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, dtel said:

I like that, it's better to be safe than to have a tree hold you to the ground. :blush: I mean think about it Carl he is a really old guy and kinda tall, he's an easy target, did I say old, OK  

Well if he decides to stay home I hope it gets bad enough that that young cute stroller pushing girl next door goes to his house for safety and makes him forget all about any storms.  

Be safe old beach dude.

He's old and moves slow.  Not a good combination.   Probably can't swim either.  He's ugly too.  Poor guy doesn't stand a chance.

• Haha 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:
1 hour ago, dtel said:

Be safe old beach dude.

He's old and moves slow.  Not a good combination.   Probably can't swim either.  He's ugly too.  Poor guy doesn't stand a chance.

I don't care who you are, that's funny.

• Haha 3

It's getting close to the warmer part of the gulf stream, the Charleston Bump sends some of the warmer water flowing eastward from the rest of that current.

Pressure is still kinda low at 943mb. Not a scholar but I know it's going to flex it's muscle soon.

Meandering spaghetti models have started and heck this place was shaking last night from the thunderstorms that are just normal for this time of year.

Hope everyone is off the OBX!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, windashine said:

I'd sure like to see some pictures of tarheels hurricane preparations outside, so we can suggest a few more remedy's about a screw here, or a nut there, a rope to there, yep, gonna need a pulley after that, and so on....

It probably consists of a case of olives and a weeks worth of ice.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1